PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy popular in Hawaii

packers11
02-07-2008, 07:25 AM
McCarthy popular in Hawaii

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy, who is leading the NFC team in Sunday's Pro Bowl, is making a favorable impression with at least one of players this week in Hawaii.

McCarthy earned some praise Tuesday with a practice that lasted only 45 minutes in comparison to the AFC practice which went slightly over the intended hour.

“I actually never knew McCarthy had been with the 49ers since that was right before me,” said 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis said in a quote that appeared on the team's website. “He’s a cool and collected coach. He tells you how it’s going to be and then he comes out and does what he said he would. I thought he was so laid back in the first meeting that he’d come out and be different, but I guess he really just is that laid back.”

Maybe if McCarthy leaves a favorable impression among players this week, free agents will be more inclined to sign with Green Bay in the coming years.

-- Mike Vandermause, mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

packinpatland
02-07-2008, 07:40 AM
McCarthy popular in Hawaii

Packers Coach Mike McCarthy, who is leading the NFC team in Sunday's Pro Bowl, is making a favorable impression with at least one of players this week in Hawaii.

McCarthy earned some praise Tuesday with a practice that lasted only 45 minutes in comparison to the AFC practice which went slightly over the intended hour.

“I actually never knew McCarthy had been with the 49ers since that was right before me,” said 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis said in a quote that appeared on the team's website. “He’s a cool and collected coach. He tells you how it’s going to be and then he comes out and does what he said he would. I thought he was so laid back in the first meeting that he’d come out and be different, but I guess he really just is that laid back.”

Maybe if McCarthy leaves a favorable impression among players this week, free agents will be more inclined to sign with Green Bay in the coming years.

-- Mike Vandermause, mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

:bump: Yes!

RashanGary
02-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Pretty cool. Maybe he'll make an impression on a few of those guys. I loved Patrick Willis and from what I heard last year so did Greenbay.

KYPack
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh yeah.

I'll take all the Patrick Willis's you got.

That kid is a difference maker.

No rookie leads the NFL in tackles.

but he did.

BallHawk
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Very good if he's getting props and respect from players, especially high-caliber players such as these. It'll do wonders in making players wanting to come to play in Green Bay.

Of course, that's assuming TT is willing to spend the money. :lol:

Partial
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh yeah.

I'll take all the Patrick Willis's you got.

That kid is a difference maker.

No rookie leads the NFL in tackles.

but he did.

Except for that cat down in Tejas the year before.

DannoMac21
02-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Patrick Willis should force a trade.

Fred's Slacks
02-08-2008, 06:44 AM
It'll do wonders in making players wanting to come to play in Green Bay.

That, and the 13-3 record and a field goal away from the super bowl!

Last offseason we had quite a few free agents either in for visits or scheduled for visits but at that time Green Bay needed to really outbid everyone else if we wanted any chance of landing the player. That might change this year, and more of those players we're interested in may not need the huge payday to come here. I'm not saying they'll come dirt cheap, but maybe affordable enough that they fall in our price range. We may see a little more action.

Iron Mike
02-08-2008, 07:09 AM
Don't forget it was God that told Reggie White to go to Green Bay:

http://www.packersnews.com/legacy/reggiewhite/pack_19191841.shtml

Iron Mike
02-08-2008, 07:14 AM
You know who else is big in Hawaii?? Bruddah Iz.

http://store.mountainapplecompany.com/images/item_images/BBCD-5907.jpg