PDA

View Full Version : Tag Day today, other league dates!

Patler
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Today is the first day that teams can designate franchise and transition players. A few years ago, it was a big deal. Tags are not used as much as they once were.

The period for tagging a player ends Feb. 21.

We should see the FA list thin out a little between now and then due to tags or signings resulting from threatened tags.

Free agent signing begins Feb 28.

MJZiggy
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, only a couple more weeks before B gets to start complaining about TT's lack of activity in FA--how time flies! :lol: :lol:

Patler
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow, only a couple more weeks before B gets to start complaining about TT's lack of activity in FA--how time flies! :lol: :lol:

"start complaining" implies that at some point he stopped! :lol: :lol:

Two years ago Pickett was signed very early. It will be interesting to see if anyone is brought in real early this year for discussions.

Tarlam!
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM

You guys really crack me up... :D

oregonpackfan
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Bretsky won't have time to complain about TT and free agency once that third baby arrives! :lol:

Scott Campbell
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM

:shock:
:D

woodbuck27
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Two years ago Pickett was signed very early. It will be interesting to see if anyone is brought in real early this year for discussions.

I'm breathless with anticipation.

Joemailman
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM

I hope Bretsky has been working out. He needs to be in shape for the FA season. :mrgreen:

b bulldog
02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Eagles are tagging Smith

Bretsky
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM

FREE AGENCY, we don't need no stinkin free agency

I won't complain much this year; to be honest I have no expectations whatsoever for free agency.

I'm still pretty sour from the last game. My football juice is pretty drained out of me. I don't really care to discuss free agency or the draft to be honest.

Bretsky
02-07-2008, 08:47 PM

Besides, who needs help. Our interior OL looked great run blocking against the Giants..........LOL...........OK, the sarcasm will stop now.

I just don't have it in me yet.

Bretsky
02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Eagles are tagging Smith

LJ Smith ? What for ?

b bulldog
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
LJ is correct amd like you, I think they are crazy for doing it.

Joemailman
02-08-2008, 09:57 PM

Bretsky won't have time to complain about TT and free agency once that third baby arrives! :lol:

We'll see about that. The baby Bretsky is here. Don't underestimate B! :lol: