PDA

View Full Version : OT : Excuses from the SB losers...

packers11
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Throughout the week I have had my fun in New England knowing that all the fans are still miserable... but hearing the responses down here in Patriots land on why they lost is the most fun I have had in awhile when talking about sports...

Excuses : (most heard on radio / a few in person)

"The pats oline purposely threw the game away, they got paid or something"

"The Giants D-line took anabolic steroids after week 17 when they played us... That is why they got so strong"

"The Giants have a better chemist than us. They have to be using undetectable, anabolic steroids to be able to push us around like that."
(this guy was 100% serious)

"The pats oline had something poured into their water before the game... They looked to weak, I'm serious, there is no way they could be that bad, someone did something to them"

"Why didn't the REFS BLOW THE PLAY DEAD on the 3rd and 5, the rules states that if the QB is in danger they have to blow the play dead"
(heard that one about 20 times a day)

"Bill Belichick should be fired hes the most overrated coach with a bad attitude, no one likes him and it reflects on our team" :lol:

"Tom Brady was injured, if he was healthy it would have been a whole different game"

Ahhh the radio is so nice and the fans responses make it even nicer... What a nice week at has been in NE... No more taunting, and the fans seem to be a little humble (maybe because they are still in shock)...
Thank you NYG...

packinpatland
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the exact same bullsh*t bunch of excuses I've been hearing. I love it.

packers11
02-09-2008, 12:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is the exact same bullsh*t bunch of excuses I've been hearing. I love it.

You live in the NE area??? Its been great the last week :)

run pMc
02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Nevermind that Stephen Neal got hurt. Losing a starter on the OL can't help when the opposing DL is already pressuring the QB. NYG played inspired, and you could see they were gassed in the 4Q. If that game went into OT and NE wins the toss, they win the game.

The excuses are stupid.

They "might" have two valid complaints:
(1) Why didn't Belichick kick the FG instead of going for it on 4th and 13? Gostkowski has a cannon leg and it was in a dome.

(2) This is a stretch -- should Eli have been called in the grasp on that miracle throw to Tyree? I'm not convinced, but if I was a biased fan, I'd certainly question it. Personally, I think the refs made the right call in not blowing the whistle...although I don't know the rule. Whether Eli was in the grasp and whether Tyree actually had possession could have been challenged. Again, this is all a stretch.

Sometimes the underdog wins. You know...'any given Sunday' and all that crap.

Patler
02-11-2008, 01:15 PM
(2) This is a stretch -- should Eli have been called in the grasp on that miracle throw to Tyree? I'm not convinced, but if I was a biased fan, I'd certainly question it. Personally, I think the refs made the right call in not blowing the whistle...although I don't know the rule. Whether Eli was in the grasp and whether Tyree actually had possession could have been challenged. Again, this is all a stretch.

The official's explanation was extremely revealing. It seemed to come down to the following:

1. Players had a hold on Manning from behind, but there was no one in front of him threatening to crush him. The rule is basically there to protect the QB from injuries, and the danger of a vicious hit was not there.

2. Manning was never really stopped, he continued to move even as the players grabbed a hold of him.

3. Had either #1 or #2 above changed, he would have blown his whistle. Instead, Manning got free and made the throw.

MJZiggy
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
And I don't think there's any doubt Tyree had possession. The angle was weird, but he maintained control all the way to the ground and the football never touched the ground.

swede
02-11-2008, 03:31 PM
It was a really well-officiated game.

That crew, I once read, meets after every game to watch tape and critique themselves.

Merlin
02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
It's interesting to read about how the officials interpreted that rule. I think the QB rules aren't applied equally to all QB's. If someone has Peyton Manning in the grasp or is going to lay the wood to him, the whistle blows. A QB like Favre needs to be dead before they blow the whistle. I think it's biased by the officials based up on the type of player the QB is. Eli as well as Favre have shown that they don't give up on the play whereas Peyton and Brady are more apt to throw the ball away.

They need to either apply the rule consistently or get rid of it all together. Everyone remembers the 2006 loss to Seattle where we "glanced" the side of Hasslebacks helmet in an attempt to let up only to get the old roughing the passer. This past season, I saw Favre get laid out after a pass when his arms where completely at his sides with no call.

denverYooper
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
It was a really well-officiated game.

That crew, I once read, meets after every game to watch tape and critique themselves.

Imagine watching tape of yourself doing your job and critiquing it...

packinpatland
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Hmmmmm........ isn't that what coaches, QB's, all the players do?