PDA

View Full Version : Ken Hamlin

Brando19
02-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I found this article and it made me wonder if McCarthy is eyeing one of these Dallas players in FA. I would love to have any of the three in a Packer uniform. From http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors
The Pro Bowl almost turns into a recruiting trip for free agents. Players try to make sales pitches for their teams to prospective free agents. Pro Bowlers Ken Hamlin, Flozell Adams and Marion Barber (restricted) will possibly hit the market in some form in March. Newman is attempting to keep his teammates in Dallas. "When we first got to the hotel, that's all you hear, 'Hey, man, are you up? We need you to come here,' " Newman said. "I'm like, 'Hey, people, ask me.' They're talking to Barber, talking to Ken. I was joking around with a Packers coach who was talking to Ken, and I don't know what they were talking about, but I was like, 'Hey, I'm telling you right now he's coming back to Dallas.' It's all in fun and all in respect." -- Dallas Morning News

run pMc
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Is Hamlin that much of an upgrade over Bigby? I agree the S spot could be upgraded, but Bigby has less mileage and would come cheaper. I know he filled in for Collins and will push him next season, but could Rouse challenge for Bigby's spot?

If you sign Flozell, what do you do with Clifton?

Agree the signing Barber would be very nice, but not going to happen, especially if he's a RFA. DAL is going to let Julius Jones go, and there are silly rumors that Jerry Jones wants to trade up for McFadden.

Partial
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Same player except not as good of a blitzer. Pass.

b bulldog
02-11-2008, 03:09 PM
OUR s POSITION IS FINE, bIGBY AMD rOUSE WITH cOLLINS AS THE BACKUP.

SkinBasket
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM

Hitting the sauce early for a Monday bulldog.

KYPack
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Hamlin is a superior player to any of our safeties. Bigby has upside and so does Rouse, but Ken is a savvy vet who can read and get everybody lined up.

I doubt like hell we would sign the guy, but he's be an upgrade.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Hitting the sauce early for a Monday bulldog.

It is low brow encryption to his UM buddies.

MJZiggy
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Hamlin is a superior player to any of our safeties. Bigby has upside and so does Rouse, but Ken is a savvy vet who can read and get everybody lined up.

Isn't that what they said about Manual as well? His performance before and after he got here were a testament to something...

twoseven
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Isn't that what they said about Manual as well? His performance before and after he got here were a testament to something...
They said similar things about Eugene Robinson too. Don't let Manuel ruin it for you.

b bulldog
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Man, ya just gotta love my typing skills :oops: