PDA

View Full Version : Favre decision about a week away

Brando19
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
http://gnb.scout.com/2/727740.html
Pro Bowl receiver Donald Driver received a Feb. 2 birthday call last year from Brett Favre, letting him know Favre was returning for the 2007 season. No such luck this time, but Driver is hoping for a belated birthday present from his quarterback.
"I think he'll come back," he says. Packers coach Mike McCarthy just received a five-year, $20 million extension, rewarding him for guiding Green Bay to a franchise-record 13 regular-season wins. Will McCarthy stop in Mississippi on the flight back to lure Favre back for an 18th season?

"That's what telephones are for," McCarthy says. "I'll probably talk to Brett from here before I leave. But we're probably about a week away from knowing his decision. "I'd like to see him walk away with another Super Bowl ring."

packers11
02-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Donald Driver says he thinks Brett Favre will be back with the Packers in 2008.

Mike McCarthy, who's currently coaching the NFC at the Pro Bowl, expects to know Favre's plans shortly. "I'll probably talk to Brett from here before I leave," McCarthy said. "But we're probably about a week away from knowing his decision. "I'd like to see him walk away with another Super Bowl ring."

Source: USA Today