PDA

View Full Version : "Gov. Jeb Bush has discussed NFL commish job" (Fox

jack's smirking revenge
05-24-2006, 11:32 AM
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

Bush said Tuesday the issue was discussed at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Rooney's brother is Dan Rooney, owner of Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chair of the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said, 'I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things,"' Bush told the newspaper.

Bush has said he will not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

Tagliabue, who has been commissioner since 1989, announced in March his decision to retire. Although he originally set a July 31 deadline to be out of the job, he has indicated his willingness to stay on longer.

mngolf19
05-24-2006, 11:43 AM
OH HELL NO! After living in Orlando for the last 6 years, I know how little he is capable of and STUPID!

Green Bud Packer
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
maybe commish of n.f.l. euro.

Harlan Huckleby
05-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm for any action that keeps a Bush out of the White House.

jack's smirking revenge
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM

Truedat. Though perhaps Jeb would leverage his "NFL experience" in the same way Dubyah used his Texas Rangers experience to get closer to the White House. :wink:

tyler

MJZiggy
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
AMEN, Brotha!

GrnBay007
05-24-2006, 04:25 PM
I hope this doesn't come down to a vote! :razz:

Harlan Huckleby
05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
They say Jeb is the one in the family with brains. Of course, everything is relative.

MJZiggy
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
I just want it noted for the official record, that my chad was completely detached--and they all made quite a mess. They accidently fell on the floor and we were finding them for ages. I had considered framing my chad for proof, but didn't feel like it.

No Mo Moss
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I wonder if Mike Brown got work after FEMA, maybe he's the guy. :cry:

chain_gang
05-24-2006, 11:51 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Bossman641
05-25-2006, 02:34 AM
You morons, Bush is the best thing that ever happened to this country, maybe even this world.

Furthermore, I'm sick of you idiot negativists always talking shit about the Packers. The Packers are stacked with all-pros at every position at every level of the depth chart. Even though you idiots are too stupud to see it, the Packers are well on their way to a 16-0 season and Lombardi trophy. Not only that, the defense will give up 0 fuckin points the whole year and just to prove how good they are to you blind hatin idiots, they will play the whole year with their second string.

The packers shouldn't have even drafted this year. They need NO help AT ALL. Their backups should be voted second team all-pro but the media, with their agenda, is too stupid to see it.

Whitticker is mobile as fuck and HE WILL B the next Will Shields.

Later morons
--------TPB

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 07:19 AM
LOL good one!

Tarlam!
05-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Bossman that was great!

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Upon hearing that Gov. Jeb Bush was interested in becomming NFL's next commissioner, VP Dick Cheney immediately called Jeb asking that he not outlaw the Shotgun formation. :razz:

Badgepack
05-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Does this mean Halliburton will run concessions, ground crews, ticket sales, merchandise, ect..........?

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Well we had fun with it while it lasted. ......

Gov. Bush Not Considering Commish Post
Says Focus on Governing State of Florida
By ANDREA FANTA
AP Sports
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (May 24) - Gov. Jeb Bush is getting tired of people trying to plan his life after he leaves office in January.

First, his brother, the president, hinted Bush should consider his own run for the Oval Office in 2008.

And now comes the National Football League, which had an emissary gauge his interest in replacing commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who is retiring in July.

To both, Bush's response was thanks, but no.

"I'm flattered," Bush said Wednesday of the NFL's interest, "but I'm governor of the state of Florida and I intend to be governor until I leave - which is January 2007. And I'm not going to consider any other options other than being governor until I finish."'

He doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then.

No matter the buzz - including whispers about a run for U.S. Senate and the GOP's vice presidential nomination in 2008 - Bush says he's focused on simply finishing his second term.

"I swore to uphold the laws of this state and I interpreted that a little broader, perhaps, to mean also that I was going to work 24-7, that I was going to finish strong," Bush said. "And so a day doesn't go by where someone doesn't have a great idea for what my life looks like in 2007 and beyond and I'm not entertaining any discussion about it."

jack's smirking revenge
05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Shucks....

tyler

Patler
05-25-2006, 09:31 AM
The NFL's loss is FLorida's gain, at least for a few additional months.

Homer Jay
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
You morons, Bush is the best thing that ever happened to this country, maybe even this world.

Furthermore, I'm sick of you idiot negativists always talking shit about the Packers. The Packers are stacked with all-pros at every position at every level of the depth chart. Even though you idiots are too stupud to see it, the Packers are well on their way to a 16-0 season and Lombardi trophy. Not only that, the defense will give up 0 fuckin points the whole year and just to prove how good they are to you blind hatin idiots, they will play the whole year with their second string.

The packers shouldn't have even drafted this year. They need NO help AT ALL. Their backups should be voted second team all-pro but the media, with their agenda, is too stupid to see it.

Later morons
--------TPB

Is that you Tex? :razz:

mngolf19
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
The NFL's loss is FLorida's gain, at least for a few additional months.

:lol: :shock: Your kidding about it being Florida's gain, right? NFL's lucky not to have that clown. He may be smarter than his brother, but he doesn't know how to run toaster.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Talked to my sis in FL and of course this talk was huge down there. Like someone just said, they were all for removing a Bush out of the office!!

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Talked to my sis in FL and of course this talk was huge down there. Like someone just said, they were all for removing a Bush out of the office!!

Your sis might have been, but I doubt that's a blanket statement for all of Florida since the guy was elected and then re-elected.

Chubbyhubby
05-26-2006, 10:15 AM

Later morons
--------TPB

LOL ... Whats ya smoking! That was too FUNNY!