PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Thread...

packers11
02-10-2008, 03:07 PM
For those who are watching...

I might flip on the channel for a bit... Nothing better to do on this miserable sunday... The weather is so shitty :lol:

I wish Favre came this year, and have some fun with players around the NFC...

BallHawk
02-10-2008, 03:18 PM
There's a football game on today? :shock:

Jimx29
02-10-2008, 03:44 PM
hey....kammpy remembers how to catch a qb :P

packers11
02-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Who did Braylon burn??? Harris or Marcus or Newman??? I was just watching the game-cast on nfl.com...

BallHawk
02-10-2008, 04:15 PM
I feel sorry for the referees that have to seriously officiate this game.

packinpatland
02-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I feel sorry for the referees that have to seriously officiate this game.

They are in frick'n HAWAII..........on the NFL's dime........! :roll:

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 04:38 PM
OT, but how much more gh3y could that Cowboys mascot be?? :roll:

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow......did you see Worthlessberger run out of bounds rather than take a hit from Harris??? :lol:

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Jesus Christ, McCarthy's got a fat head. :roll:

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL I DRUNK

chain_gang
02-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Actually not a bad game so far, but still too depressing knowing that it's the last time to watch a live NFL game until August. Damn that sucks. I guess at least the combine starts the 20th.

DRC for with our number 1 in 2008!

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Did you see the hit that Samuel just laid on Fitzgerald??? :worship:

Yeah.....I think TT needs to loosen the ol' purse strings a little.

chain_gang
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah that was one wicked shot, guy packs a punch for his size.

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 06:43 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL I DRUNK

Not only that, I think you're channeling Bearman. :wink:

The_Dude
02-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Good come from behind win for the NFC.

pretty well called game by the packers staff.

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 06:48 PM
looked like Cliffy played a lot and Kampman had 2 sacks. They didn't throw much to Driver, i only say two catches.

Partial
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
that was a pretty entertaining all-star game.

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
what were they talking about with Darryl Johnson and wearing a Packers helmet? I was on the phone and couldn't listen?

packinpatland
02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Actually not a bad game so far, but still too depressing knowing that it's the last time to watch a live NFL game until August. Damn that sucks. I guess at least the combine starts the 20th.

DRC for with our number 1 in 2008!

I was thinking the same thing. Haven't really been watching it, been using it has 'background' noise.............I find it strangely soothing.
OK.........it's going to be a lonnnnnnng time till Aug. :roll:

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 07:06 PM
what were they talking about with Darryl Johnson and wearing a Packers helmet? I was on the phone and couldn't listen?

They have phones in Montana??? :shock:

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 07:10 PM

We still have the kind where you crank to ring an operator to get a connection. that is why I couldn't hear what was going on!

packinpatland
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM

We still have the kind where you crank to ring an operator to get a connection. that is why I couldn't hear what was going on!

Was the operator bugging you to put more $ in the slot? Do pay phones even exist anymore?

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Bwahahaha!!!!

http://www.timvp.com/greenacres6.jpg

Rastak
02-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Gotta love that Pro Bowl MVP!

Hats off to those that showed up.....not to be too negative to those that didn't. The Pro means nothing....although I wouldn't give a cent to anyone who skipped it. Not that anyone who did skip it would give a damn about the chump change involved.

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Ras, your one QB away from going to the SB imo. I think the Vikings could win the north next year but I'd give the Pack a slight 60-40 edge.

BF4MVP
02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I can't say I'm surprised that the NFC squad had success with Mike McCarthy at the helm 8-)

Iron Mike
02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Ras, your one QB away from going to the SB imo. I think the Vikings could win the north next year but I'd give the Pack a slight 60-40 edge.

Don't forget Da Bears still have Grossieseton.........BEAR DOWN PISS AND MOLD CLOWNS!!!!!! :roll:

Rastak
02-10-2008, 07:29 PM

Depends on your QB coming back. Even then who the hell knows? If I were were a betting man I'd say Favre back = good production. If not, hard to say. Jackson improving for Minnesota? Maybe, I don't know and anyone here who says they do know for sure is an idiot of the highest order. Do we have any high ranking idiots who'd like to chime in?

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I love Peterson. The kid is a stud. Kampy, Cliffy and Driver did well. Harris was once again, Harris, drawing penaties on third and a mile to give the O a first down.

MJZiggy
02-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Good come from behind win for the NFC.

pretty well called game by the packers staff.

CUTE baby!!

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Actually with Brett's age, the same could be said if he comes back. The Packers have questions at QB imo no matter who the QB is.

Bretsky
02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I can't say I'm surprised that the NFC squad had success with Mike McCarthy at the helm 8-)

By same account are you surprised the D gave up a boatload of points with Sanders at the helm ?

Honestly, it's hard to get anything out of a Pro Bowl.

Maybe some confirmation on how great AP is when healthy. That's about it

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Agree but AP is a special, special talent

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Depends on your QB coming back. Even then who the hell knows? If I were were a betting man I'd say Favre back = good production. If not, hard to say. Jackson improving for Minnesota? Maybe, I don't know and anyone here who says they do know for sure is an idiot of the highest order. Do we have any high ranking idiots who'd like to chime in?

Has anyone besides me noticed that Ras has gotten REALLY cocky since AP has shown up and been as spectacular and entertaining as ANY running back in EARTHS history? You know what, Mr. Ras, you need to tone it down a little, cuz, we here at Rats.com are counting on you're queens to utilize AP the same way MoTown utilized Mr. Sandman. Let him run, and lose bitterly for a decade. Anything more, and you're keys to this kingdom may be confiscated, SIR!! :wink:

I think that AP has a chance to be the BEST running back to EVER grace a football field. I LOVE watching him run. Other than Barry Sanders, there is no other back that I wanted to see get the ball instead of a pass play. He is REALLY special, and SO likeable. I am beginning to hate you rather than pity you Ras, good ol' buddy ol' pal.

Rastak
02-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Has anyone besides me noticed that Ras has gotten REALLY cocky since AP has shown up and been as spectacular and entertaining as ANY running back in EARTHS history? You know what, Mr. Ras, you need to tone it down a little, cuz, we here at Rats.com are counting on you're queens to utilize AP the same way MoTown utilized Mr. Sandman. Let him run, and lose bitterly for a decade. Anything more, and you're keys to this kingdom may be confiscated, SIR!! :wink:

I think that AP has a chance to be the BEST running back to EVER grace a football field. I LOVE watching him run. Other than Barry Sanders, there is no other back that I wanted to see get the ball instead of a pass play. He is REALLY special, and SO likeable. I am beginning to hate you rather than pity you Ras, good ol' buddy ol' pal.

Dude, read what you just quoted and please explain to me how it even remotely relates to what you just said. I didn't mention a damn thing about AP. I was talking QB's with Bulldog....and just saying who the hell knows....

Partial
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
AP showed he is a stud today. Not that he didn't before, but he was running over the best players left and right.

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:00 PM
You know what, ras, I just went back to a thread I posted in and saw that you threadjacked me, so f you and A pussy P. I hope he gets injured 1st preseason game which is a good possibility the way he runs like a lunatic a day out of the looney bin. Can you feel my hurt? Ya. AP is worthless and he is dumber than a 2andahalf dollar bill. Why do you hurt me so Ras? Why?

BallHawk
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Dude, read what you just quoted and please explain to me how it even remotely relates to what you just said. I didn't mention a damn thing about AP. I was talking QB's with Bulldog....and just saying who the hell knows....

Just in case you haven't seen the MJ thread in the Romper Room 4and12 isn't exactly in the best state of mind..... :alc:

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM

I will concur that I am somewhat in LaLa land, however, to say that my comment made no sense to the quote is ridiculous. You were implying that the Queens may have a chance and that we don't know if our hero is coming back, thus the "cocky" comment. I can tell you are starting to believe in you're team because you now have a runner. But, the "cockiness" comes with the fact that you state we may not have Brett back (I'd love to wager on that) and you're idea that you're team is "suddenly" good because you have a back now. Yet, you're second best receiver is probably Fergy and you're QB would lose in most division one programs, and is a longshot to be a legitimate NFL QB. So, my comment DID make sense, as you seem to have a stigma about you thanks to Mr. AP. No biggy, we all have a cockiness about Brett around here. Just thought I'd state my opinion on you're attitude change. Still love ya man. No need for you to threadjack me, and belittle me in this thread. Save it for the romper room, there's a thread there that you can REALLY go to town on me. Kisses.

b bulldog
02-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Ras is touchy about their QB situation, I don't blame him. As he noted, nobody knows how Jackson will do but a team with gobs of talent on both sides of the ball and having a QB such as Jackson leading that team, I'd be on edge also. They have a great deal riding on the play of Tavaris.

packinpatland
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM

Just in case you haven't seen the MJ thread in the Romper Room 4and12 isn't exactly in the best state of mind..... :alc:

I was just going to say the same thing. If ever we cut anyone some slack, now would be the time. :wink:

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:22 PM
OK, wow, I must be a real asshole right now. I'm so sorry Ras, and everyone, just dealin' with shit. I came here tonight to get "away" and talked to DD's mom, and nobody else wanted to talk to her. OMG, wtf am I saying. I am so wasted, I actually got a thread moved to the Romp and I had another thread jacked. ALL IN ONE NIGHT!!!!!!! No more comments from me. Disregard everything I've said tonight. But I'm still a little ticked that you jacked me Ras!! I mean, come on man. I wasn't THAT off point. (I don't think :oops: ).

HarveyWallbangers
02-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Ras is touchy about their QB situation, I don't blame him. As he noted, nobody knows how Jackson will do but a team with gobs of talent on both sides of the ball and having a QB such as Jackson leading that team, I'd be on edge also. They have a great deal riding on the play of Tavaris.

Minnesota is more than a QB away from winning the title, but you've always been more forgiving of the purple than the Pack, so I'll let it slide.
:D

They have talent. Every team in the NFL does.

BallHawk
02-10-2008, 08:30 PM
OK, wow, I must be a real asshole right now. I'm so sorry Ras, and everyone, just dealin' with shit. I came here tonight to get "away" and talked to DD's mom, and nobody else wanted to talk to her. OMG, wtf am I saying. I am so wasted, I actually got a thread moved to the Romp and I had another thread jacked. ALL IN ONE NIGHT!!!!!!! No more comments from me. Disregard everything I've said tonight. But I'm still a little ticked that you jacked me Ras!! I mean, come on man. I wasn't THAT off point. (I don't think :oops: ).

Goodnight, dude. Have a good night's sleep. I'm sure you will...... :D

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:34 PM

Thank you. I think you're hamster is cool. And Stuff. LOL, god I'm an ass. :oops:

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I cant go to sleep, I want to talk to someone, I think I heard some creaking, and I don't wanna go into the bedroom. Damnit!!!!

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
SHIT. Goodnight. I'm so lonely.

Brando19
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM
I cant go to sleep, I want to talk to someone, I think I heard some creaking, and I don't wanna go into the bedroom. Damnit!!!!

Hahahahahha...this is entertainment.

Little Whiskey
02-10-2008, 09:04 PM
someone, somewhere asked about moose wearing a packer helmet during his probowl days.

i think they were running out of things to talk about since they ran this story twice. someone broke into the lockerroom before the game and stole a bunch of stuff including moose's helmet. he didn't bring any spares, so he saw that brett had a few extra for autographs he loaned him the hat for the game.

it was making me sick to hear moose talk about how this game means something to the players. they don't care. the defense cant play defense. no press coverage until inside the 5 yard line?? give me a break just run a slant every down. does it make you an allpro if they send you because the first two players at your position don't go?

BallHawk
02-10-2008, 09:06 PM

Thank you. I think you're hamster is cool. And Stuff. LOL, god I'm an ass. :oops:

It's a prairie dog, but judging the circumstances, I'll let that slide. :D

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
someone, somewhere asked about moose wearing a packer helmet during his probowl days.

i think they were running out of things to talk about since they ran this story twice. someone broke into the lockerroom before the game and stole a bunch of stuff including moose's helmet. he didn't bring any spares, so he saw that brett had a few extra for autographs he loaned him the hat for the game.

it was making me sick to hear moose talk about how this game means something to the players. they don't care. the defense cant play defense. no press coverage until inside the 5 yard line?? give me a break just run a slant every down. does it make you an allpro if they send you because the first two players at your position don't go?

Yeah, i just hope all the players get laid by hawaiin chicks. I mean, other than that who cares? It's good the NFC finally won the Probowl AND the Superbowl, maybe we'll get more respect now. Berman will be like "Holy Fuck, the NFC is Fucking good. I mean Fuckin' fuck diddy fuck fuck, I like watching the the fucking NFC, the AFC and their fucking espionage tactics can kiss my Fucking ass, fuck fuckers". Get it? That was topical humor. HaHa. That was fucking funny. Mods, please don't kick me off this site, I'm fucking divorced and fucking lonely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJZiggy
02-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Does anyone have a link to the local Chicago alternative rag?

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Does anyone have a link to the local Chicago alternative rag?

Ha, Zig, that's why I am deeply in love with you. You're sense of "shove jimmy's balls down his own throat" is so keen that it makes me melt. I long for you, and I hope that tomorrow when I start a thread apoligizing to the entire rat population, you will be the first to my rescue!!!!

Pacopete4
02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
yawn.. AP showed he can play touch football like a god.. congrats

Freak Out
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
SHIT. Goodnight. I'm so lonely.

Suck it up man.

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
yawn.. AP showed he can play touch football like a god.. congrats
quit hijacking my love letter

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 09:47 PM

So apparently, no one else heard this either???

]{ilr]3
02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I thought Kampman did a great job today. Got a lot of pressure on the QB and got 2 sacks. He never gave up on a play. There were several times when he got pressure on the QB and still ran up to tackle the receiver while others (namely Dallas players) all but gave up on the play.

If it was anyone other than AP I would say get ready for the Sophmore slump next year. With all the press and achievments he has tallied up anyone else would let it go to there head and figure all they have to do next year is flick the switch and it will happen again. I have a feeling that AP will earn his nickname of All Day next year again.

Anyone else think that most the Dallas players look slow and lazy out there today? Barber and Whitten were the only ones I thought gave it all, all the time. Romo was starting to piss me off with all of his scramble scramble scramble to try and find the open dallas receivers in the first half. :roll:

]{ilr]3
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM

If its what I am thinking it was about his first pro bowl appearance someone broke into the locker room and stole his helmet. Brett Favre happen to have a spare he brought along to have other players autograph. He let him use it in the game so he was allowed to play even though it was not the helmet of his team. His dad thought it was a tribute to him as his dad grew up a Packers fan.

There is more to the story, but that pretty much sums it up I think

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 10:31 PM
{ilr]3]I thought Kampman did a great job today. Got a lot of pressure on the QB and got 2 sacks. He never gave up on a play. There were several times when he got pressure on the QB and still ran up to tackle the receiver while others (namely Dallas players) all but gave up on the play.

If it was anyone other than AP I would say get ready for the Sophmore slump next year. With all the press and achievments he has tallied up anyone else would let it go to there head and figure all they have to do next year is flick the switch and it will happen again. I have a feeling that AP will earn his nickname of All Day next year again.

Anyone else think that most the Dallas players look slow and lazy out there today? Barber and Whitten were the only ones I thought gave it all, all the time. Romo was starting to piss me off with all of his scramble scramble scramble to try and find the open dallas receivers in the first half. :roll:

From what i understand, Tony romo plays for the Dallas Cowgirls. Wait, was that in question here? Holy shit, i see desert straight ahead, omg, is that a lephrican lizard? I heard about them but didnt think they existed, wish me well, I'm gonna hunt me some lepricon lizard (sorry about the spelling, im just trying to type while i rock back and forth, whoa, its hard to do) hey, sassy, I love you so much, i love you so much ... i just did that period period period thing, whats that called, hahahaha

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
dont respond to 4 ane 12, first of all, he underestimated the beloved Pack cuz they were 13 and 1 (just kiddding, we lost 3), but anyways, i'm sorry for getting hammered, but i still know that i live and breathe Pack all year, and I pray to my invisible god that we get jared allen and that will almost guarantee a superbowl victory. I talked to donald drivers mom today and you guys didnt so im better than you, or at least more proactive. Hahahaha, thats stupid. oh shit, everyone is gonna make fun of me, but im really a good person and sensitive, no im not, f you, i can take your shit, deal it, i dare you, and see what slings back in your direction (god, that was really stupid, how can i spell when im REALLY wasted) it took ALL my energy to hit caps, my heels hurt. IlovesassyandMJ, yeah, i said it.

4and12to12and4
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
dont respond to 4 ane 12, first of all, he underestimated the beloved Pack cuz they were 13 and 1 (just kiddding, we lost 3), but anyways, i'm sorry for getting hammered, but i still know that i live and breathe Pack all year, and I pray to my invisible god that we get jared allen and that will almost guarantee a superbowl victory. I talked to donald drivers mom today and you guys didnt so im better than you, or at least more proactive. Hahahaha, thats stupid. oh shit, everyone is gonna make fun of me, but im really a good person and sensitive, no im not, f you, i can take your shit, deal it, i dare you, and see what slings back in your direction (god, that was really stupid, how can i spell when im REALLY wasted) it took ALL my energy to hit caps, my heels hurt. IlovesassyandMJ, yeah, i said it.
fuck you jimmy (jimmy is my maiden name)

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
{ilr]3]

If its what I am thinking it was about his first pro bowl appearance someone broke into the locker room and stole his helmet. Brett Favre happen to have a spare he brought along to have other players autograph. He let him use it in the game so he was allowed to play even though it was not the helmet of his team. His dad thought it was a tribute to him as his dad grew up a Packers fan.

There is more to the story, but that pretty much sums it up I think

Thanks for that, now it all makes sense!!!

MTPackerfan
02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
{ilr]3]I thought Kampman did a great job today. Got a lot of pressure on the QB and got 2 sacks. He never gave up on a play. There were several times when he got pressure on the QB and still ran up to tackle the receiver while others (namely Dallas players) all but gave up on the play.

It was clear to me on the TD he threw to Owens that he was looking his way the whole time, plus after they broke huddle he called out to TO.

BF4MVP
02-10-2008, 11:03 PM

By same account are you surprised the D gave up a boatload of points with Sanders at the helm ?
Not really..His "bend but don't break" defense isn't going to work against an offense full of Pro Bowlers..Especially when the corners are forced by rule to play off of receivers..We all know how horrible Harris is when he isn't playing press coverage..

PS does anybody besides me think that's the dumbest rule ever? :roll:

b bulldog
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Actually harv your wrong. Minny gets a QB and they will win the north next season, they might even with jackson and after that they could easily make a run to a SB ala the Giants. They are built to play outside in the playoffs, we are not. Their D line is awesome and they have a strong LB unit along with a strong secondary. They have the best RB in football, one of the best Olines and their WR's are young and they could use some upgrades here but Rice looks to be a steal. QB is the queston along with their HC. Every tam in the north has some big questions to be honest and fair.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Actually harv your wrong. Minny gets a QB and they will win the north next season, they might even with jackson and after that they could easily make a run to a SB ala the Giants. They are built to play outside in the playoffs, we are not. Their D line is awesome and they have a strong LB unit along with a strong secondary. They have the best RB in football, one of the best Olines and their WR's are young and they could use some upgrades here but Rice looks to be a steal. QB is the queston along with their HC. Every tam in the north has some big questions to be honest and fair.

Best Rb? One season doesn't make a back. Especially one who can barely catch a cold and can't stay healthy. Trends says he'll miss games again.

You conveniently left out a pretty poor WR set: Willliamson and Wade. C'mon. Average at best at TE. How long you think Richardson can continue, he is 36.

PWill isn't going to last much longer at 36.

Secondary: you are sold on them alot more than me. Smith is just a guy. Sharper is well, sharper, and etting old. It has to irk them that Doss can't win the job. Griffin ain't much. Winfield is a stud...THE OHIO STATE!! But, CBs after thirty, who never were known for their speed, well that doesn't bode well.

They get Donovan, that is another story. But, to do so, they are gonna have to trade someone good.