PDA

View Full Version : Robert Ferguson

Patler
02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Just completed his second most productive season ever!

32 receptions - 391 yards! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Amazingly, he is entering his 8th season in the league.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM

He is, if anything, consistent. Consistently mediocre.

oregonpackfan
02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
If anything, you have to admire his persistence in coming back to play after the many injuries he has sustained over the years.

Patler
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
If anything, you have to admire his persistence in coming back to play after the many injuries he has sustained over the years.

Some have argued that other than the injury from the clothesline tackle, his injuries have been nothing more than what many, many others, experience year after year; and that Ferguson just doesn't recover and/or play through them as well as others.

He really hasn't had any devastating injuries that I recall other than the neck from the clothesline tackle. Sprained foot, sprained knee, sprained ankle. I don't believe he has had any injuries requiring surgeries, but I could be wrong.

chain_gang
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I think Fergie will break out next year, wherever he is. We all know players don't usually have their break out season until the year before they retire.

BF4MVP
02-11-2008, 04:37 PM
He is what he is..I say let the Vikings worry about his lack of production..Our time would be better spent elsewhere 8-)

twoseven
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
He's the one ex-Packer that I am glad went to the Vikings.

KYPack
02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
His 8th year?

He spent 15 season here, didn't he?

pbmax
02-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I think Mel Kiper calls that Tremendous Downside Potential.

red
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I think Fergie will break out next year, wherever he is. We all know players don't usually have their break out season until the year before they retire.

no fergy thread would be complete EVER without someone saying "NEXT YEAR", will be his breakout year

if i had a nickle everytime i heard that

Bretsky
02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
He is what he is..8-)

dogcrap :?:

BF4MVP
02-11-2008, 09:59 PM
He is what he is..8-)

To put it bluntly, yes.

Zool
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
He is what he is..8-)

To put it bluntly, yes.

Every time I miss having him around to make fun of, I realize he's a Viking and I can make fun of them now. Its like a double whammy. Williamson, Turd Ferguson, Wade. Sid Rice looks like he'll be a player, but those other 3.....whew! I think Bill Schroeder could get a roster spot amongst those guys.

Kiwon
02-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Well, I have to acknowledge two things about Fergy:

1. His TD catch in Farve's historic MNF Oakland game.

2. The ability to hang around for seven years and make how much money?

A lot more than me.

run pMc
02-12-2008, 08:32 AM
He really hasn't had any devastating injuries that I recall other than the neck from the clothesline tackle. Sprained foot, sprained knee, sprained ankle. I don't believe he has had any injuries requiring surgeries, but I could be wrong.

I think Ferguson also had a Lisfranc injury...those can be pretty nasty. I also recall it mention of how his work on ST hurt his abililty to play WR. IMO when he was here he was a very good ST player and should have been about a #4 WR. When he was picked he was called "the closest thing in this year's draft to Jerry Rice" and never lived up to it. Bad rookie training camp didn't help things. What Sherman resigned him for was absurd.

It's easy to see why TT kept JJ over Fergy.

woodbuck27
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM

Yup. Next season.

His breakout year. He reminds me of the Post Barry Sanders Lions.

A lot of promises. Then pissszzzzeeellll.