PDA

View Full Version : Report: Redskins interested in Chad Johnson

packers11
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
"Numerous league sources" tell the Washington Post that the Redskins are interested in trading for Chad Johnson.

Here we go. Two sources say Johnson is "eager" to get a new contract from the Redskins, confirming that Chad's main beef with the Bengals is about money. With a coaching staff almost fully in place, owner Dan Snyder's top priority is known to be acquiring a No. 1 receiver. While the Bengals aren't interested in moving Johnson currently, sources tell the Post that agent Drew Rosenhaus is actively working to broker a deal. It's believed the Bengals would ask for two second-round picks, or a late first and a third. Feb. 11 - 11:28 pm et

Source: Washington Post

packers11
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
a 1st and 3rd??? that seems pretty cheap for a top 5 WR in the league...

CyclonePackFan
02-12-2008, 02:05 AM
How the hell are they planning to pay for him?

twoseven
02-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Daniel Snyder giving up draft picks for veteran talent, no way.

cheesner
02-12-2008, 09:53 AM
He could be had for less. A disgruntled player on the downside of his career? I think a 2nd would be more than enough.

oregonpackfan
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Would Dan Snyder want to bring in a talented, but "High Maintenence" receiver like Johnson with a brand new Head Coach? That would be a high risk move, IMO.

BallHawk
02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Chad Johnson is going to end up being the NFL's Johan Santana. Continually being dangled out there with teams inquiring. I doubt he'll get traded, though. You just don't see big stars get traded that often.

Charles Woodson
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Chad Johnson is going to end up being the NFL's Johan Santana. Continually being dangled out there with teams inquiring. I doubt he'll get traded, though. You just don't see big stars get traded that often.

its ironic that santana was just traded. Your talking about big stars not being traded? Shaq O'neal was just traded for S marion.

BallHawk
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM

its ironic that santana was just traded. Your talking about big stars not being traded? Shaq O'neal was just traded for S marion.

I was referring to trades within the NFL.

Charles Woodson
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM

I was referring to trades within the NFL.

Then your comparison with santana doesnt fit.

Moss, Thomas Jones Mcgahee was traded last summer,
Its hard to say but i think that Johnson will be traded. If the bengals are smart they will try to clear out some of those trouble makers and start with a clean slate(but thats if they were smart)

BallHawk
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
My comparison was Santana was referring to the continuous speculation whether he will be traded or not, not whether he'll actually be traded.