PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green Cut by Dolphins

oregonpackfan
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Quarterack Trent Green was cut by the Dolphins yesterday.

Should Favre announce his retirement, the Packers might consider signing Green. The Packers could use a veteran quarterback to back up Rodgers.

The Leaper
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd agree that we need a veteran backup if Favre retires.

I'd disagree that Green, who shouldn't play another down in the NFL after all the concussions he's taken, is the guy we should get.

b bulldog
02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Maybe he'll end up in Minny :lol:

the_idle_threat
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
His bell has tolled so many times that he can only wear velcro shoes now. He had better hang it up, while he still knows his own name.

LL2
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Now Zach Thomas has been cut. If he can get back to the form he had two years ago he'd be worth signing. Replace Poppinga with Thomas. After last season Thomas might even take a incentive laden contract. Thomas / Barnett/ Hawk would be scary for other teams.

Guiness
02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
ZT would be interesting for sure. I don't think he'll ever be the player he was, but if you're asking him to be a piece, instead of being the centerpiece, I think he could still be a contributor...like Seau was in NE this past year.

Someone might still break the bank for him though, hoping he can solve their problems. Here, he'd just be one of the guys, and probably our 3rd best LB at that.

Green gone already, eh? After Miami made such a big push to get him.