PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad I'm not a Patriot fan....

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
....it's a long enough span of time before next season :wink:

http://www.nypost.com/video/?vxSiteId=0db7b365-a288-4708-857b-8bdb545cbd0f&vxChannel=NY%20Post&vxClipId=1458_237376&vxBitrate=300

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
And this...........

"Pro Bowl crowd boos Patriots
Posted: Monday February 11, 2008 06:34AM ET
Some Patriots played in a Pro Bowl sauna yesterday at Aloha Stadium, but their reception from the sellout crowd of 50,044 was ice cold. The six Patriots who played in the all-star game in 80-degree temperatures and on artificial turf that was hot to the touch were greeted with a surprisingly emphatic chorus of boos during introductions yesterday. Cornerback Asante Samuel, linebacker Mike Vrabel, nose tackle Vince Wilfork, center Dan Koppen, tackle Matt Light, and guard Logan Mankins followed a standard-bearer of the Patriots logo onto the field amid fireworks as the crowd erupted with the only negative greeting it accorded any of the game's participants."
Boston Globe

Guilty of spygate or not..........they are not 'loved' by many.

oregonpackfan
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM
This booing of the Patriots I think is also reflective of the contempt some NFL fans have towards the losing team of the Super Bowl. If you recall, the Patriots were winning with just 2 minutes and some 40 seconds to go in the game.

I remember when the Packers lost XXXII to the Broncos. Despite losing by just one touchdown, I heard comments out here on the West Coast like, "The Packers really aren't that good," "They didn't belong in the Super Bowl," or "The Packers Suck."

It baffled me because there were 30 other teams that did not make it to the Super Bowl!

I am hardly a Belichick fan but I don't have any animosity towards the players.

KYPack
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
The Patriots are one of the most hated teams of all time.

I hate 'em, too, but it took me a time to really develop my hate.

I started hating 'em during the streak. The fact that they got caught cheating bugged me. Not the cheating, really (that shit's gone on since the game started), but how arrogant and bold they were about it. They weren't humble, they were assholes. I really started hating 'em when all the hype about then being on the verge of being called "The Greatest Team of All Time". They didn't deserve that mantle. They got caught cheating and they were jerk-offs because of BB's attitude.

I finally realized how much I hated 'em during the Super Bowl. For a bit, I thought I might not even watch the Super Bowl. Once that game started, I was a Giant fan all the way.

We were all jumpin' around when Burress caught that pass. Happy for a win when you didn't think you'd watch the game.

It will very interesting to see how they do next year. More teams will gunning for them that NY next season. It could be a tough year for 'em.

I hope.

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
This booing of the Patriots I think is also reflective of the contempt some NFL fans have towards the losing team of the Super Bowl. If you recall, the Patriots were winning with just 2 minutes and some 40 seconds to go in the game.

I remember when the Packers lost XXXII to the Broncos. Despite losing by just one touchdown, I heard comments out here on the West Coast like, "The Packers really aren't that good," "They didn't belong in the Super Bowl," or "The Packers Suck."

It baffled me because there were 30 other teams that did not make it to the Super Bowl!

When I moved to the east coast, almost 28 years ago, I was shocked at the way folks here felt about 'my' Packers. They hated them! No one player, no one coach, just the Packers. Purely for the reason that GB was known as 'Title Town'. The Jets, the Giants or the somewhat new Patriots couldn't claim that.
As for the Patriots today, for the longest time if they weren't playing the Packers I rooted for them.........after this past year.......never again. I dislike arrogance......in an owner, in a coach or in players. Here in NE, there's a 'trifecta' going on.

woodbuck27
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM

When I moved to the east coast, almost 28 years ago, I was shocked at the way folks here felt about 'my' Packers. They hated them! No one player, no one coach, just the Packers. Purely for the reason that GB was known as 'Title Town'. The Jets, the Giants or the somewhat new Patriots couldn't claim that.
As for the Patriots today, for the longest time if they weren't playing the Packers I rooted for them.........after this past year.......never again. I dislike arrogance......in an owner, in a coach or in players. Here in NE, there's a 'trifecta' going on.

I am peeved at Bill Belichick. I hate the way he operates and sulks.

I like Tom Brady and I love Randy Moss. I like the way the Pats generally play 'D'.

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Just curious, were you a fan of Randy's when he was with the Vikings?

MJZiggy
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
The Patriots are one of the most hated teams of all time.

I hate 'em, too, but it took me a time to really develop my hate.

I started hating 'em during the streak. The fact that they got caught cheating bugged me. Not the cheating, really (that shit's gone on since the game started), but how arrogant and bold they were about it. They weren't humble, they were assholes. I really started hating 'em when all the hype about then being on the verge of being called "The Greatest Team of All Time". They didn't deserve that mantle. They got caught cheating and they were jerk-offs because of BB's attitude.

I finally realized how much I hated 'em during the Super Bowl. For a bit, I thought I might not even watch the Super Bowl. Once that game started, I was a Giant fan all the way.

We were all jumpin' around when Burress caught that pass. Happy for a win when you didn't think you'd watch the game.

It will very interesting to see how they do next year. More teams will gunning for them that NY next season. It could be a tough year for 'em.

I hope.

Amen.

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm hoping they get 'stomped'.......again and again and.......... :twisted:

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/12/goodell.specter.ap/index.html

In defending the destruction of the notes, Goodell said "there was no purpose to them at all." Specter said Goodell's response "didn't make any sense at all" and also questioned whether there might have been illegal acts by the Patriots before the 2005 Super Bowl, when they beat the Philadelphia Eagles.

The punishment went beyond the confiscated Jets tapes. The tapes and notes dated as far back as 2002 and the NFL said in October that Belichick acknowledged to Goodell that there had been spying since he became New England's coach in 2000.

Last week at the Pro Bowl, Goodell was asked why only six tapes were confiscated by the NFL's security department.

"That's what they had," he replied. "My guess is that they taped over some of those from time to time. That's what video departments do. They did it more than six times because there were notes that reflected that."

This just sounds so rinky-dink. If here was no purpose to them, why the punishment?

Bretsky
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/12/goodell.specter.ap/index.html

In defending the destruction of the notes, Goodell said "there was no purpose to them at all." Specter said Goodell's response "didn't make any sense at all" and also questioned whether there might have been illegal acts by the Patriots before the 2005 Super Bowl, when they beat the Philadelphia Eagles.

The punishment went beyond the confiscated Jets tapes. The tapes and notes dated as far back as 2002 and the NFL said in October that Belichick acknowledged to Goodell that there had been spying since he became New England's coach in 2000.

Last week at the Pro Bowl, Goodell was asked why only six tapes were confiscated by the NFL's security department.

"That's what they had," he replied. "My guess is that they taped over some of those from time to time. That's what video departments do. They did it more than six times because there were notes that reflected that."

This just sounds so rinky-dink. If here was no purpose to them, why the punishment?

PIP, you are a bit obsessed You should create your own I hate the Pats thread and lock everybody else from being able to post in it so you can do it all in one spot. :wink: :lol:

It'd be great to be a fan of the local teams where you reside. Watching the Red Sox win some titles, the Pats win some titles, and now the Celtics having a shot at a title as well. The sports fans there are quite spoiled.

packinpatland
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM

PIP, you are a bit obsessed You should create your own I hate the Pats thread and lock everybody else from being able to post in it so you can do it all in one spot. :wink: :lol:

It'd be great to be a fan of the local teams where you reside. Watching the Red Sox win some titles, the Pats win some titles, and now the Celtics having a shot at a title as well. The sports fans there are quite spoiled.

Had another 'chat' today with the man in the seafood dept... I swear B, you'd feel differently if you had to live here. Try to imagine yourself living in Chicago or Minnesota.
Ok.....I'm a tad obsessed :roll:......... Don't you have diaper to change or something? :wink:...........how's the little guy doing?

GBRulz
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Ahem, the same can be said for your grailism obsession, my friend! :wink:

GBRulz
02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Remember when Bronco fans were booing the team when they didn't go to the SB for a third time in a row? I thought that was pretty shitty.

As far as the Pats, I love Brady, but I can't stand Bellicheat.

Zool
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Remember when Bronco fans were booing the team when they didn't go to the SB for a third time in a row? I thought that was pretty shitty.

As far as the Pats, I love Brady, but I can't stand Bellicheat.

If Brady looked like Bernie Kosar you wouldn't love him I bet.