PDA

View Full Version : Outrageously Fast Web Browser

Partial
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Download Safari for windows.

Then, google search for "Webkit" and download the latest build. Double click "run-nightly-webkit.cmd".

Wow, its outrageously fast.

SkinBasket
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Then quit to DOS and type format c:

Harlan Huckleby
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I have a DOS web browser called BobCat that SCREAMS

Jimx29
02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
D/L the windows beta version first, install it and then install this too? http://nightly.webkit.org/

Freak Out
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
The last thing I need is another web browser......FF works great in most cases and has some great extensions.

Partial
02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
D/L the windows beta version first, install it and then install this too? http://nightly.webkit.org/

Yeah. Then run the nightly build cmd. It will update safari and launch. It is really F'in fast once it builds a cache. I use FF 99% of the time because I do not like Safari for Windows at all and more often than not I am running Ubuntu, but this F'in screams. Fastest browser I've ever used by far.

hurleyfan
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM

Yeah. Then run the nightly build cmd. It will update safari and launch. It is really F'in fast once it builds a cache. I use FF 99% of the time because I do not like Safari for Windows at all and more often than not I am running Ubuntu, but this F'in screams. Fastest browser I've ever used by far.

Please speak english :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zool
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I dont like Safari on either platform.

Partial
02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
I dont like Safari on either platform.

Why's that? I suggest you try this Web-kit. It is WAY faster than FF.

Zool
02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Because its a memory eater. Thats how it runs so fast. I had it up to 450meg before i shut it down. It doesnt release anything, it just keeps building and building.

It just feels clumsy to me for some reason also. I actually like the feel of IE7 better. Might just be familiarity there. I'll stick with FF on both.

On a side note, I'm building my first Hackintosh this weekend. I have some parts laying around and figured WTF.

AMD FX57
MSI nForce4 board
XFX 7950GTX
3G of RAM

I'll let you know how it turns out.

4and12to12and4
02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
OMG. I had no idea how many computer geeks were on this site. I am starting to build confidence that I could kick the living shit out of all of you. Oh, wait, shit, sorry SkinBasket, it seems as though the Captain is speaking again. Damnit!! Disregard any post of mine after 4pm central.

4and12to12and4
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I wish I knew what you guys were talking about. I want a fast browser too. It's not fair.

Partial
02-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Because its a memory eater. Thats how it runs so fast. I had it up to 450meg before i shut it down. It doesnt release anything, it just keeps building and building.

It just feels clumsy to me for some reason also. I actually like the feel of IE7 better. Might just be familiarity there. I'll stick with FF on both.

On a side note, I'm building my first Hackintosh this weekend. I have some parts laying around and figured WTF.

AMD FX57
MSI nForce4 board
XFX 7950GTX
3G of RAM

I'll let you know how it turns out.

http://lifehacker.com/348653/install-os-x-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required

the_idle_threat
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .................

MJZiggy
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
OMG. I had no idea how many computer geeks were on this site. I am starting to build confidence that I could kick the living shit out of all of you.

I'd take you out in 2 shots. 8-) Then again, I'm no computer geek either.

SkinBasket
02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
OMG. I had no idea how many computer geeks were on this site. I am starting to build confidence that I could kick the living shit out of all of you. Oh, wait, shit, sorry SkinBasket, it seems as though the Captain is speaking again. Damnit!! Disregard any post of mine after 4pm central.

I enjoy your random angry outbursts. I just think you have to pick a fight here and there and stick with it though instead of just insulting everyone without any real conviction behind it. Like I said last night, you'll just burn yourself out trying to attack everyone. Try Zool. He likes it in the ass.

Zool
02-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Only when you wear that fancy vibrating strap on. Feels great on the ole prostate. Skins actual man-parts were injured when he tried raping that wolverine. If I've told you one, I've told you 1000 times, C Thomas Howell was an actual person in that movie, not an animal.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
OMG. I had no idea how many computer geeks were on this site. I am starting to build confidence that I could kick the living shit out of all of you.

I'd take you out in 2 shots. 8-) Then again, I'm no computer geek either.

If you are going to be beating anyone up it is going to be me. Your slaps will be like tickles to Tyrone. :oops:

Partial
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Did anyone else try this? It's really not complicated and I encourage everyone to take a moment or two are try it. I was very satisfied with the speed.

Freak Out
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Did anyone else try this? It's really not complicated and I encourage everyone to take a moment or two are try it. I was very satisfied with the speed.

:lol:

I'm sorry dude....that's just to fucking funny.

Harlan Huckleby
02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I just got an FTP program that SCREAMS. Outrageous.

Jimx29
02-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Did anyone else try this? It's really not complicated and I encourage everyone to take a moment or two are try it. I was very satisfied with the speed.Whelp, I just did the safari install, then ran the nightly build cmd and as soon as safari reopened, it closed/froze up and I got the error reporting prompt. Not a good first impression :D

It opened ok after that, so i'll play around some tonight and see what happens

MadtownPacker
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
The only thing faster then Partial's new browser are the young ladies running away from his geek ass.

Bossman641
02-14-2008, 11:30 PM
The only thing faster then Partial's new browser are the young ladies running away from his geek ass.

Haha

Bossman641
02-14-2008, 11:34 PM
http://radiokilled.waffl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/computernerd.jpg

I love Safari

haha, just messin Partial

Jimx29
02-15-2008, 11:48 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/33ddqxg.gif

It's maybe a bit faster. "A bit" being less than a second difference in any page load overall. Not enough difference to cause me to consider making it my default browser.
There's also lack of extensions that I cannot live without, like noscript, adblock and no squint. Should there come a day that extensions and themes are available, then i'd be more likely to use it.

Partial
02-16-2008, 01:57 AM
I agree on the principle of add-ons and plug-ins. But it is easily 50% faster once you build a cache.