PDA

View Full Version : Honest, I didn't know...

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
So, if I get pulled over by the traffic cop, for slightly weaving. I've not been drinking, but I did take some over-the-counter cold meds. The law now states that I'm responsible for knowing that I shouldn't be driving while medicated.....if I say, 'honest officer, I didn't know it wasn't legal...', think it'll fly?

Specter says that Goodell claims Belichick thought the taping was legal.

My obsession will not go away...............

Tyrone Bigguns
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
So, if I get pulled over by the traffic cop, for slightly weaving. I've not been drinking, but I did take some over-the-counter cold meds. The law now states that I'm responsible for knowing that I shouldn't be driving while medicated.....if I say, 'honest officer, I didn't know it wasn't legal...', think it'll fly?

Ignorance of the law will not save you.

Many meds tell you that you shouldn't operate heavy machinery, etc.

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
As reported by ESPN in September 2007, Belichick privately admitted to Goodell that videotaping opposing team's defensive signals had been his standard practice since he became the New England coach in 2000. Belichick argued that he believed he was within the letter of the rule, as long as he did not use the material on game day.

Then why were they taping the Packers in 2006? When did he plan on using the gathered info,....not like they've played each other since, and especially seeing as how they only seem to own 6-7 tapes and had to keep reusing them? :roll:

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Maybe I should have said 'hypothetically'.......... :wink:

swede
02-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Bill Murray was in a movie called Stripes in which the cough medicine affected his cab driving.

It was one of his funniest lines.

twoseven
02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Bellicrook said the same thing after he got caught in week one, 'I misinterpreted the rule.' Maybe he misremembered as well. Thanks, Roger, it's my new favorite word. :D

Tyrone Bigguns
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Maybe I should have said 'hypothetically'.......... :wink:

I got the joke. I was just playing along. The meds directions was supposed to be like the NFL edict not to tape. Despite reading the meds you still chose to drive...like BB.

You'll be better off with a bellicheat defense that you "misinterpreted the law."

Or that you took the meds prior to driving believing the law only pertained to taking the meds when actually in the car.

And, despite numerous tickets to other drivers you thought you were in compliance. :roll:

woodbuck27
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM

Your likely cooked. The LAW ignores ignorance.

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
'Your likely cooked. The LAW ignores ignorance.'

My point exactly.

woodbuck27
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
'Your likely cooked. The LAW ignores ignorance.'

My point exactly.

The Officer treated you badly man. DAM quotas and COPs trying to make their name will screw a decent man every time. Take it to the limit and see what you learn though. I always have fought back when it was obvious I had even a slight chance to win.

The Courts really back the Officer's though (in my experience) even when my case was sound. Thank GOD I havn't had to go there often. NO LESS!There are a lot of bad cops out there.

MJZiggy
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Buck, she was speaking hypothetcally to make a point...

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks MJ.
Buck...............I made up the story.....never happened.......I don't have a cold......have been relatively healthy all winter...........

wist43
02-14-2008, 03:26 PM

If you got pulled over for "weaving" he was just harassing you...

A hallmark of totalitarian societies is that they have laws against everything - and anything can be used as a pretext to search you, or detain you, or "legally" and literally take your money.

It's "Big Brother" disguised and justified as an officer "concerned" about safety...

twoseven
02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Crossing the center line is more serious. You'll get nailed pretty good if this is the case.

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
You guys!!!!!!!!
I MADE UP A STORY TO ILLUSTRATE MY POINT!

The point being BB's ignorance is no excuse.

Badgepack
02-14-2008, 04:03 PM
You should never drink and drive.

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I give up.

twoseven
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Were there any other vehicles present? Was Bellicheck there?

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Evil......you guys are all evil. :lol:

Bretsky
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
It's all the Patriots fault; since there is nothing better to discuss about the Packers, let's make this a Patriots forum :idea:

RashanGary
02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
From what I understand they found out what signals meant a certain blitz. Then the next time they play a team, Brady is aware of hand signals for blitzes and he properly adjusts protection to pick it up.

They didn't use it that same day, they used it the next time they played.

Still, every thing I read, it was a real advantage, esspecially to the QB.

packinpatland
02-15-2008, 07:42 AM
It's all the Patriots fault; since there is nothing better to discuss about the Packers, let's make this a Patriots forum :idea:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd like this to just all go away wouldn't you............