PDA

View Full Version : Partial's Preliminary Players....

Partial
02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
to watch:

QBs:

Erik Ainge and Chad Henne.

Both are going to be lower round draft picks and both have shown me excellent poise in the pocket and the ability to make all the throws. I'm not quite sure why but Ainge kind of reminds me of Chris Simms when he was at Texas. Henne is just a very good passer.

LL2
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
I used to be a fan of Chad Henne, but not anymore. He did pretty good at Michigan, but don't expect him to be the next Tom Brady.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
to watch:

QBs:

Both are going to be lower round draft picks and both have shown me excellent poise in the pocket and the ability to make all the throws. I'm not quite sure why but Ainge kind of reminds me of Chris Simms when he was at Texas. Henne is just a very good passer.

Stick to what you know..i'm not sure what it is, but it isn't the draft.

Henne will be gone by the 3rd round.

Partial
02-14-2008, 05:22 PM
That sound about right. Ainge will prolly be a 4th.

Freak Out
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
I've never seen much of the Michigan QB but Ainge could turn into a heck of a pro QB. But maybe not. :)

Didn't he start about half way through his freshman year?

Tyrone Bigguns
02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
I've never seen much of the Michigan QB but Ainge could turn into a heck of a pro QB. But maybe not. :)

Didn't he start about half way through his freshman year?

Henne, imo, will be a steal. Very solid. But, i'm sure Bulldog has his opinions..guessing negative.

Ainge: Yes, he got some snaps. Along with Brent Schaefer. He also shared the job with Clausen in 05.

He has a rocket for an arm, but is horribly inconsistent, both in accuracy and the way the ball comes outta his hand...he makes billy kilmer look like Fouts. When he misses, he really misses.

He is also really immobile.

Charles Woodson
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
to watch:

QBs:

being compared to chris simms isnt ideal.

b bulldog
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
henne may be the third QB taken. I don't like Henne because he has a slow delivery and he can't move at all.

Deputy Nutz
02-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Henne is like the past 5 or 6 Michigan QBs, all lacking athletic ability. Henne is smart and has a good arm but he has slow feet, and like bulldog said, a slow release. Really reminds me of an Elvis Gerbac

run pMc
02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Henne outplayed Ainge during Senior Bowl week practices (someone was nice and posted the reports on them at this forum a while back). The scouting reports on Ainge were pretty unflattering. Henne would need tim to develop, and even then he's got question marks...I don't think he's another Brady.
It doesn't seem like a great year for QB's...it's Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm and a bunch of guys who don't exactly make me think 'future Pro Bowler'.

MadtownPacker
02-15-2008, 01:36 PM
to watch:

QBs:

Both are going to be lower round draft picks and both have shown me excellent poise in the pocket and the ability to make all the throws. I'm not quite sure why but Ainge kind of reminds me of Chris Simms when he was at Texas. Henne is just a very good passer.When I saw the title of the thread I clicked on it expecting to see an in depth analysis of QBs. Instead all I get is this pathetic bullshit!

SkinBasket
02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I was just thinking I would trust a dartboard and a blindfold more than this...

Fritz
02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Henne is like the past 5 or 6 Michigan QBs, all lacking athletic ability. Henne is smart and has a good arm but he has slow feet, and like bulldog said, a slow release. Really reminds me of an Elvis Gerbac

Or John Navarre. Or Brian Griese.

Deputy Nutz
02-15-2008, 04:38 PM

Or John Navarre. Or Brian Griese.

The sad thing is the most athletic QB in the last two decades for Michigan couldn't hit a curve ball.

Partial
02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Are you trying to say jesus christ can't hit a curveball?

The Leaper
02-16-2008, 02:15 PM
I think Henne has a chance to be a 1st round pick...he's arguably the third best QB in this draft. He won't last more than 50 picks regardless IMO.

Ainge doesn't overwhelm me. He seemed to frustrate the Vols fans endlessly. He's got a long ways to go to be a capable starter in the NFL IMO.

cpk1994
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
All right, let's not start a holy war here.

Zool
02-16-2008, 10:48 PM

Up your butt Jobu