PDA

View Full Version : Great opportunity to get better squandered.. Whale Signs

Pacopete4
02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
POSTED 6:50 p.m. EST, February 14, 2008

WAHLE SIGNS WITH SEAHAWKS

Free-agent guard Mike Wahle is a free agent no more.

Wahle told the Afternoon Blitz on Sirius NFL Radio that he has signed a contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

The deal reunites Wahle with former Packers coach Mike Holmgren, who selected Wahle in the second round of the 1998 supplemental draft.

Joemailman
02-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I didn't know Holmgren was the Packers GM in 1998.

Jimx29
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
That's a whale of a signing

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-14-2008, 07:01 PM
I thought you can't sign free agents until March 3?

MadtownPacker
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Not getting signed by TT is the sure kiss of death for any player at the end of his career. Nice knowing you wahle. BTW - Remind your wife she is a snobby bitch.

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
......thought that was Longwell's wife :wink: ...........what is it with ex-Packer wives?

hoosier
02-14-2008, 07:58 PM
MD is right, unrestricted free agent signing period doesn't begin till march. Smells kinda rank to me. Where exactly was this posted?

packinpatland
02-14-2008, 08:04 PM
HarveyWallbangers wrote:
Wahle just signed with Seattle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/02/14/wahle.seattle/index.html

MJZiggy
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
It's also on Seattle's site.
http://www.seahawks.com/News/PressReleases.aspx?id=68560

b bulldog
02-14-2008, 08:36 PM
He was cut, his contract never expired.

KYPack
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
The Colt guards or the kid from Tenn are better prospects anyhow.

Brando19
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
From www.profootballtalk.com

Media reports indicate that guard Mike Wahle's deal with the Seahawks is five years in length. A league source tells us that, as a practical matter, it's a contract that will last three or four years.

The source also says that Wahle received a small signing bonus but "good" salaries.

Wahle was cut earlier this week by the Panthers, and the only team he visited was Seattle. Though some readers question why Wahle would be able to sign with anyone prior to February 29, released players with four or more years of credited service whose contracts are terminated in the offseason are automatically eligible to sign with any team. Players with less than four years of service are subject to waivers before becoming free agents.

Packers4Ever
02-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Wonder what Seattle's giving him.....?

VegasPackFan
02-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Fire TT!!!!

/sarcasm off

cheesner
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
POSTED 6:50 p.m. EST, February 14, 2008

WAHLE SIGNS WITH SEAHAWKS

Free-agent guard Mike Wahle is a free agent no more.

Wahle told the Afternoon Blitz on Sirius NFL Radio that he has signed a contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

The deal reunites Wahle with former Packers coach Mike Holmgren, who selected Wahle in the second round of the 1998 supplemental draft.

Damn TT! The Packers will now be lucky to win 14 games next season. Fire him now!

Pacopete4
02-15-2008, 01:07 AM
i think this coulda been nice for us, but it didnt work out so oh well.. i think what we've learned from TT is that he always seems to have options to fix problems

Harlan Huckleby
02-15-2008, 04:29 AM
this a real postman bites dog story. whale signs!

MacCool606
02-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't get why Wahl would sign so fast before any bidding could get going. Either there was no other interest, or Seattle offered more than he thought he would get. The "details" in the PFT quote don't sound blockbuster.

Maybe he wanted to get his before the FA's hit the market?

Patler
02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't get why Wahl would sign so fast before any bidding could get going. Either there was no other interest, or Seattle offered more than he thought he would get. The "details" in the PFT quote don't sound blockbuster.

According to an article in the Seattle newspaper, which quoted his agent, Wahle's parents have a second home in the Seattle area. His father played played at Oregon State, and he has relatives all over Washington and Oregon. Wahle and his wife live in San Diego, so the west coast may have been appealing. Seattle has a need for a guard. Perhaps all he wanted was a fair deal for a few more years, playing in an area he wants to be in.

"The Seahawks definitely had a home-field advantage with Mike," Cornrich said in a telephone interview with the Associated Press.

MadtownPacker
02-15-2008, 01:33 PM
According to an article in the Seattle newspaper, which quoted his agent, Wahle's parents have a second home in the Seattle area. His father played played at Oregon State, and he has relatives all over Washington and Oregon. Wahle and his wife live in San Diego, so the west coast may have been appealing. Seattle has a need for a guard. Perhaps all he wanted was a fair deal for a few more years, playing in an area he wants to be in.Didn't know all this. Yeah there is no way he was coming to GB. No reason to and Seattle team situation isn't a bad one to be in either.

Fritz
02-15-2008, 04:11 PM

According to an article in the Seattle newspaper, which quoted his agent, Wahle's parents have a second home in the Seattle area. His father played played at Oregon State, and he has relatives all over Washington and Oregon. Wahle and his wife live in San Diego, so the west coast may have been appealing. Seattle has a need for a guard. Perhaps all he wanted was a fair deal for a few more years, playing in an area he wants to be in.

"The Seahawks definitely had a home-field advantage with Mike," Cornrich said in a telephone interview with the Associated Press.

For many people, having relatives in a specific area would be enough to give a team from across the country the distinct advantage. Glad Mikey is tight with his family.

I heard three mill a year for the next three or four years. As always, we fans tend to focus on the near future, so there is some gnashing of teeth on this site (though not too much). Thus it would be interesting to see how well and if Wahle is playing in, say, 2010, for that three mill per.