PDA

View Full Version : Maybe CZAR needs to "Pack" it in!!!!

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Did I miss something???? Did MM say ARod was ready to start??? ....much less the fans??? Write something worthwhile Czar!!!

3. Favre Decision: Although Brett Favre is coming off a masterful season in leading Green Bay to the playoffs, he will be 39 in October and he can retire, if he wants, owning all the records with a Hall of Fame spot secure. However, for the first time, coach Mike McCarthy and everyone else in Green Bay believes Aaron Rodgers is ready to be the starter. Favre and Rodgers have become buddies, consequently there is no tension regarding Favre's decision.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7789482/10-burning-questions-for-NFL-off-season

HarveyWallbangers
02-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I think you are misreading. He isn't saying that people think ARod should be the starter over Brett, but that ARod's shown enough that they think he's ready to be a starter if called upon.

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I think you are misreading. He isn't saying that people think ARod should be the starter over Brett, but that ARod's shown enough that they think he's ready to be a starter if called upon.

Well, maybe you are right....BUT, it didn't say "if called upon".

Do you think he's ready to be the starter Harv? Not if called upon....just ready to be starter?

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
OK, I just read it over again 3 times.....I don't think I was misreading anything.

I officially don't like Czar. :smack:

Jimx29
02-14-2008, 11:37 PM
OK, I just read it over again 3 times.....I don't think I was misreading anything.

I officially don't like Czar. :smack:*hands 007 a Valium*

GrnBay007
02-14-2008, 11:41 PM

I officially don't like Czar. :smack:*hands 007 a Valium*

LOL really? Did I over-react?

I was insulted by the comment "everyone" is ready for ARod. ....I'm not!!

Will Vicodin work? that's all I have around here. :D

HarveyWallbangers
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
I was insulted by the comment "everyone" is ready for ARod.

He didn't say everyone is ready for ARod. He said everyone "believes Aaron Rodgers is ready to be the starter." Meaning that if Favre walks away, they think they have somebody capable of replacing him.

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I was insulted by the comment "everyone" is ready for ARod.

He didn't say everyone is ready for ARod. He said everyone "believes Aaron Rodgers is ready to be the starter." Meaning that if Favre walks away, they think they have somebody capable of replacing him.

They've been saying the same thing for two seasons now. Every time we wait, M3 gets asked if A-Rod can do the job, and every time M3 says he's ready to take over. This is a non-comment and a Czar looking for something, anything to talk about.

KYPack
02-15-2008, 08:00 AM
[quote="Numb"][quote=GrnBay007]

Will Vicodin work? that's all I have around here. :D

Yeah, gimme a couple, willya?

All Rodgers has proved conclusively is that he can play a bit and get hurt a lot. We've got the two extremes at QB:

1. The all-time Ironman
2. A guy who pulls his hamstring in practice and is out for a month.

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
I think they kept him out for a month, cause they figured "why not, it's not like he needs to do anything..."

GrnBay007
02-15-2008, 08:12 AM
All Rodgers has proved conclusively is that he can play a bit and get hurt a lot.
:tup:

I like the guy, but this is pretty much what we've seen so far.

So I guess if being ready to be a starter means playing a quarter or two or a game or two a season....ok. :?:

Time will tell....maybe.

LL2
02-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm sure M3 isn't too worried if Favre retires, and probably does think Rodgers is ready to be the starter. I think he's ready too, but also think they need to bring in a decent veteran backup.

BF4MVP
02-15-2008, 11:09 AM
M3 said last season that Rodgers was ready to be the starter..I'm pretty sure he knows better than any of us. Nothing was written in that paragraph that we didn't already know.

It's not like they will tell Favre to get the hell out if he wants to come back..But they believe they have a capable starter when Favre decides to hang 'em up.

Nothing earth-shattering at all...

Tarlam!
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
All Rodgers has proved conclusively is that he can play a bit and get hurt a lot. We've got the two extremes at QB:

1. The all-time Ironman
2. A guy who pulls his hamstring in practice and is out for a month.

The truest post of 2008. right here, and this truth is the most worrying factor going forward. Nall showed he can play alittle bit. Maybe Gureski was wrong and Ibitiger had this sussed all along?

Zool
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Nall showed he can play alittle bit. Maybe Gureski was wrong and Ibitiger had this sussed all along?

Guy couldn't beat out JP Losman or Trent Edwards, a rookie. He's been in the league long enough for every team to know about him. I'd say career backup is the ceiling for Nall and thats being generous.

run pMc
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Although Brett Favre is coming off a masterful season in leading Green Bay to the playoffs, he will be 39 in October and he can retire, if he wants, owning all the records with a Hall of Fame spot secure. However, for the first time, coach Mike McCarthy and everyone else in Green Bay believes Aaron Rodgers is ready to be the starter. Favre and Rodgers have become buddies, consequently there is no tension regarding Favre's decision.

I think it could have been worded better...seems like it was worded that way to be more sensational...I think it's poor reporting. I've read from other sources (e.g., JSO) that Favre and Rodgers aren't buddies, not like he was with Pederson. They get along professionally, but they don't hang out. Look at Favre and DD..that's closer to what I'd think of as buddies.

I think that Rodgers showed progress, but I'm not convinced he's ready to be THE starter. He could be A starter on a few QB-needy teams, but I think most packer fans would have some doubts and concerns about him if Favre retired. Finally, I can't see any way that Rodgers would beat Favre in an open competition in TC.

Just a strange thing to write. Who's better: Dr. Z or Czar?

MadtownPacker
02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Must be that time of the month.