PDA

View Full Version : All That Clicking Paid Off Big Time

Farley Face
02-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Wisconsin Food Banks Receive Soup-er Donation

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/02/14/1/

6 years running!! Here's to making it 7 next year. What a great cause for the local food banks.

"With six straight wins in the annual contest, Packers' fans have won nearly 80,000 cans of soup for local food banks. This year's 2.5 million votes more than doubled last year's total, which had set a voting record."

packinpatland
02-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Packer fans AGAIN prove we are the best.

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
While I agree that this is wonderful, we won by such an insane margin that I think next year once we're up by a million votes or so, we should turn our attention more toward the Pro Bowl voting and see if we can vote the stupid Cowgirls out of the thing...a dozen players was kind of sickening...

Farley Face
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Packer fans AGAIN prove we are the best.

Other teams have their vote total rise and fall respective to their win/loss record. Pack leads the pack whether 4-12 or 13-3. Kudos to Campbells as well for all the soup they donate. My goodness.

Farley Face
02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
While I agree that this is wonderful, we won by such an insane margin that I think next year once we're up by a million votes or so, we should turn our attention more toward the Pro Bowl voting and see if we can vote the stupid Cowgirls out of the thing...a dozen players was kind of sickening...

We actually came within a realistic distance of having more votes than all other teams COMBINED I thought that would be a worthy goal, but your Cowpies note is well taken.

Cheesehead Craig
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Some accuse us of cheating (elimating cookies so we can click 25x/day). I think of it that we are very passionate about helping the local food banks.

CaliforniaCheez
02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/02/14/1/

Wisconsin Food Banks Receive Soup-er Donation
by Mike Spofford, Packers.com
posted 02/14/2008

The Packers have won this contest for six years running, and food pantries in Wisconsin certainly appreciate it.

More than 13,000 cans of Campbell's Chunky soup were distributed to 15 Wisconsin area food banks in the parking lot of Lambeau Field on Thursday, the result of Packers' fans registering more than 2.5 million votes in the annual "Click For Cans" online food drive.

Food pantries came from as far as a couple hundred miles away to collect approximately 880 cans apiece. Their trucks and transport vehicles were loaded by Packers players Brady Poppinga, Cullen Jenkins and Noah Herron, along with strength and conditioning coaches Rock Gullickson, Mark Lovat and Brandon Johnson.

The full donation represented the weight of the official Green Bay Packers' roster in soup cans, which will benefit those in need in Wisconsin. An additional 1,000 cans were split between two Brown County pantries.

With six straight wins in the annual contest, Packers' fans have won nearly 80,000 cans of soup for local food banks. This year's 2.5 million votes more than doubled last year's total, which had set a voting record.
Actually the last year they did not have the field goal attempts for multiple votes. So actually the voting was down if the total was only double of last year.

So the "official" weight of the the Packers roster was 13,000 cans. Assuming it was exactly 13,000, the average Packer weighed 245.28 cans.
Each can weighs 18.6 oz so the average Packer weighed 4562.26 oz or 285 lbs. officially.

285 is higher than I would have guessed.

Farley Face
02-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Some accuse us of cheating (elimating cookies so we can click 25x/day). I think of it that we are very passionate about helping the local food banks.

Soupgate? :D

Belicheat would have the Patriots winning every year if he thought there would be a competitive advantage translated from the number of cans donated to games won. Makes me wonder which Rat would be dating Giselle? :P (I'll volunteer...)

Harlan Huckleby
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
More than 13,000 cans of Campbell's Chunky soup were distributed to

That's about a $5000 donation from a company that maybe pays $10,000,000 per year to advertise their soup. Probably the most effective advertising dollars they spent this year.

How about 500,000 cans of soup? 13,000 is not many.

- Grumpy Gus

Lurker64
02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
That's it. The Packers need to drop the ZBS and switch to a power-running scheme so that local food banks can get more soup.

Also, bring Gilbert Brown out of retirement.

CaliforniaCheez
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
More than 13,000 cans of Campbell's Chunky soup were distributed to

That's about a $5000 donation from a company that maybe pays $10,000,000 per year to advertise their soup. Probably the most effective advertising dollars they spent this year.

How about 500,000 cans of soup? 13,000 is not many.

- Grumpy Gus

It the "official" weight of the Packers roster at a designated point in the season in 18.6 net weight cans. I do not know how much the can without product weighs. So there is an error in my math.

Harlan Huckleby
02-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I ready the article, and Campbells actually is donating millions of cans of soup every year. I saw the 13K, and thought it was a pretty meager soup kitchen after all the fuss. I apologize to the Campbells Company, their employees and family members, and fans of their soup.

Over the past 10 years, Chunky soup has donated more than 35 million cans of soup to hunger relief charities across the country, including one million cans of soup for food banks nationwide at Super Bowl XLII in Phoenix.

GrnBay007
02-16-2008, 01:37 AM
It's a wonderful cause and I hope people benefit from it............but........can soup is really NOT healthy with a TON of sodium added.

I grew up with a family that made homemade soup....I make homemade soup and the can stuff is gross when you are used to that.

But....thanks to Campbell's for doing something to help people!!