PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage: Got it?

GrnBay007
05-24-2006, 10:05 PM
If so....to what degree?

Deputy Nutz
05-24-2006, 10:42 PM
In usually just swear at people in the privacy of my car, but I have gotten into a verbal incident where I threatened to kill the guys dog. It was a little messy

Is it considered road rage when your not in your car, and you yell at passing cars that are driving too fast through an area, mainly my neighborhood?

MadtownPacker
05-24-2006, 10:43 PM
If I had a gun in the car I might shoot out their tires.

GrnBay007
05-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Just the things that drive me nuts driving in residential areas:

You pull into a parking spot at a store and there are 5 spots open on either side of you. Someone pulls up and parks next to you ...........SO CLOSE they have to squeeze out of their vehicle. idiot.

People that don't use their turn signals.

People that ride your ass. There is this very long residential street I take every morning to take my kids to school. Speed limit is 25 mph. There is a cop (maybe even 2) parked somewhere on that street every single morning to catch speeders. It is one of the most beautiful streets in the city and I know why.......all the money they pull in from tickets on that street alone.

And the worst is when you see someone do something really stupid and they have a cell phone at their ear.

I feel bad for those that have to travel a significant distance to get to work each day in heavy traffic.

Bretsky
05-25-2006, 12:12 AM
My road rage has improved greatly.....with age or kids.

I use to flip people off

Then I modified my behavior to mass profanity within my auto.

And then a life event changes me.

I'm driving my first born daughter who was 2.5yrs old and learning how to imitate words I speak. She is in car seat. This jerkoff pulls right out in front of me and then swerves to the other lane. Happened very fast. Not safe. We ended up side by side as the stop light since he pulled out of MacD's and immediately changed lanes so he was in the right lane and I was in the left. Out of habit I blurter out "You f'cker". And he was for doing that. Windows were thankfully up.

But the 2Yr old heard that and picked up more than I thought. And I heard Taylor say, "Daddy why dat guy a f'cker"

That was a bit tramautizing.

So now normally is at a bare minimum and restricted to thoughts alone.

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
But the 2Yr old heard that and picked up more than I thought. And I heard Taylor say, "Daddy why dat guy a f'cker"

She needs to learn the truth B. Who better to learn from than her Daddy! :razz: :wink:

Iron Mike
05-25-2006, 07:07 AM
OK, people--here's the situation that REALLY irritates me. I have no problem maintaining the average speed on the highway. For instance if traffic is averaging 72 mph on the highway, I drive 72 mph. If traffic is averaging 68 mph, I drive 68 mph. No problem. I'll stay in the right lane with the rest of the traffic. What I can't take is when traffic on the 4-lane is averaging 68 mph and some %$^#(*% $#*&%$#$ decides they HAVE to drive 69 mph, or they won't be able to live. You know what you wind up with--two lanes clogged with traffic for miles 'cuz idiot boy can't manage 75 mph in his SUV in order to pass, and 10 irritated drivers behind him, 'cuz he's going 1 mph faster than the rest of the traffic. Either slow down 1 mph and join us in the right lane, or PASS, DAMN IT!!!!

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Sorry Little Whiskey, I forgot to put a poll option in there for you:

--My shotgun and I never have a problem with road rage. :D

FavreChild
05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
"Blinker Cluelessness" is a general category of driving disease that is not appreciated. 'Cause seriously, it takes so much effort to twitch one finger in order to turn your blinker on or off.

My commute can be enjoyable, because I often get to see FIBs and other local idiots get pulled over. Best cure for road rage there is.

Homer Jay
05-25-2006, 09:45 AM
This is the situation that makes me wish I had a flame thrower on my car. You're driving down the highway, nobody behind you for miles. Then some dumb ass decides they have to pull out in front you, and go 10 MPH slower than you are. Never mind the fact that if they had waited 10 seconds they could have the road to themselves, they have to get in front of me.

Little Whiskey
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Sorry Little Whiskey, I forgot to put a poll option in there for you:

--My shotgun and I never have a problem with road rage. :D

007, its a shotgun and a rifle. my truck isn't as fast as some of these sports cars. I need the added range of the rifle. :mrgreen:

I can't believe mad doesn't have a gun rack. he has the boots, the hat, and the belt buckle!! mad, it's time to add the rack to the '69

MadtownPacker
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I can't believe mad doesn't have a gun rack. he has the boots, the hat, and the belt buckle!! mad, it's time to add the rack to the '69
A sprig clip under the drivers seat worked much better.

MadtownPacker
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
A spring clip under the drivers seat worked much better.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 12:09 PM
As some of you know, once you go north of central WI, 4 lane highways pretty much become extinct. The northern part of the state is a haven for many to get out on the lakes, to their cottages, towing boats, RV's etc. Anyhow, there is ALOT of traffic all bottled up all the way north....yet you find these idiots that think by passing one car at a time, it's going to get them somewhere faster. FIB's are famous for doing that. Hey, i don't like moving along at 45-50mph anymore than you do, but when there is a line of hundreds of cars, it's useless to pass.

Another pet peeve is when people don't take advantage of this great thing called cruise control and their speeds fluctuate about 10-15 mph. An example... I was driving from Cinci on the Interstate...there was a cop transporting a prisoner and would go 65, then 75, back and forth. Speed limit was 65. honest to god, this went on for about 100 miles, finally i set my cruise at 70 and eventually passed him. Well, he didn't like that too much and pulled me over. Gave me a warning, but then when he left, he was going about 85 mph the rest of the way.

billy_oliver880
05-25-2006, 12:09 PM
I ride my motorcycle quite often. You would be amazed at how invisible you become on one. People cut me off and pull out in front of me daily. I think people get into a "zone" when driving and forget that they are DRIVING! :neutral:

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I see that all the time, too Billy. Which makes it hard for me to understand why most cyclists don't bother to wear helmets.

billy_oliver880
05-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I see that all the time, too Billy. Which makes it hard for me to understand why most cyclists don't bother to wear helmets.

To motorcyclist...a helmet law is alot like a safety belt law for automobiles. Just cause its a rule no one wants to follow it. I wear my full face HJC all the time.

GrnBay007
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Actually when I'm driving near a motorcycle I become nervous and am especially cautious. I'm just always thinking about how horrible an accident could be for that person. When I'm following a motorcycle I stay further away than a vehicle ...and try to get away from them as soon as possible. .....no offense :razz:

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 01:04 PM

You are the anti-Libertarian.

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I had a friend once who rode a motorcyle. God I miss him.

billy_oliver880
05-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Actually when I'm driving near a motorcycle I become nervous and am especially cautious. I'm just always thinking about how horrible an accident could be for that person. When I'm following a motorcycle I stay further away than a vehicle ...and try to get away from them as soon as possible. .....no offense :razz:

None taken...just stay out of my lane or else you will have a broken tail light...or a dent in the side of you car. Either or. :wink:

pacfan
05-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Who here has caused road-rage?

just curious.

Deputy Nutz
05-25-2006, 11:59 PM

just curious.

No one of course. It's always the god damn FIBS

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 08:13 AM

just curious.

No one of course. It's always the god damn FIBS

right on, Nutz. And later today I will be making the trek up to the WI Northwoods. Which by the way is getting as bad as Door County... one can get confused rather easily by looking at the license plates around them thinking they are in IL

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I used to commute from Wrigleyville to downtown Chicago on my bike. Every single minute of every single day is road rage. Without it, you don't survive. Cabbies have their own language, and it only contains swearwords. But if you start ripping off their side view mirrors when they cut you off they learn not to *uck with you. Plus a good hard shot in the kisser when they have the temerity to get out of their cab does a world of good. Most of those guys are afraid to ride up on the sidewalk, so on a bike you can usually escape retribution. Believe it or not Chicago cops like cyclers more than cabbies. I never got hurt in two years, but I'd never do it again!

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 08:46 AM
mray, I thought the only way cabbies know how to communicate is laying on the horn!!

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 08:52 AM
mray, I thought the only way cabbies know how to communicate is laying on the horn!!

That's just another type of expletive!

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 08:58 AM

is that the chrome horn??

by the way Michigan has FIBs too. they are just from Indiana.

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I will be honest, I love driving in chicago, it is like a road track during the nascar season. Rubbing is racing, deal with it. If everyone drives like a raging asshole at least it is consistent.

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Had a nice session this morning on the highway. These 2 college looking chumps where in a new Range Rover holding back the fast lane for miles. When I got my chance to pass them on the slow lane I did. I then motioned for them to move to the slow lane. Not sure what the passeneger did but it was a hand motion so I slammed my brakes, saw the panic in the drivers eyes and speeded back up. He still stayed on fast lane but it still felt good.

I love the morning rush.

AtlPackFan
05-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Some guy in a pickup truck cut us off just before a traffic light the other night and my wife flipped him off. The guy slammed on his brakes and the door to his truck started to open. Luckily the light changed, I just blew by him and he turned. I ain't getting in any road rage argument with any Bubba down here. Guns are just another car accessory in this part of the country...like a CD player. I told my wife the next time she flips someone off to make sure she is alone. :roll:

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Guns are just another car accessory in this part of the country...like a CD player.

yep that works for me

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 12:18 PM
I told my wife the next time she flips someone off to make sure she is alone. :roll:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!