PDA

View Full Version : Obama = bearman??

Jimx29
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Dumbass doesn't realize how big of a mistake he's made going anti-Packers in Wisconsin :roll:

Published: Feb 16, 2008

Obama Makes Packers Joke In Green Bay
by Staff

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama openly supported the Chicago Bears during a speech at the University of Wisconsin in Green Bay, a report said.

The rest of the story (http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212130925.shtml)

b bulldog
02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I actually agree with him. Do you want him to be like Hillary and jump on the home states bandwagon?

Joemailman
02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
What did he say that was anti-Packer?

BallHawk
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
You think the Stormin' Mormon's been Obama all the way or is he a Romney convert?

Rastak
02-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I actually agree with him. Do you want him to be like Hillary and jump on the home states bandwagon?

Yea, what he said....you want him to lie and say he likes the Packers? I guess it would be good practice for the chance he might win the office......

Jimx29
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM

Yea, what he said....you want him to lie and say he likes the Packers? I guess it would be good practice for the chance he might win the office......If you're running for an office like the president, you shouldn't even bring stuff like that up.
Really poor decision making IMHO

BallHawk
02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Better then Hillary going into New England the day after the Super Bowl and telling voters that they can vote on February 5th for a winner, unlike the Patriots.

Surprised she made it outta there alive.

BF4MVP
02-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I was there...He was talking about how Brady Poppinga was in the crowd and that it's hard for a Packer to support a Bears fan..

But then he said something like "But you wouldn't want a guy coming here and saying he's a Packers fan when he's actually a Bears fan, would you? You gotta stick with your team even when they don't break .500, and don't make the playoffs, and make you wanna pull your hair out. (Of course hearing about the Bears' misfortunes drew laughs and cheers from the crowd)"

He also said he was talking with Brady about letting the Bears have Favre for a couple years because we've had him long enough and of course Brady's answer was no haha..Then he congratulated the Packers on an outstanding season..

He was just having a little fun...Give him a break. :roll:

KYPack
02-17-2008, 10:20 PM
John Kerry pulled a good one in '04 when he called Lambeau "Lambert Field".

Obama didn't sound like he went that crazy.

Jimx29
02-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey...I was on the fence before. Now i'm not :D

You just wait and see. If he loses by one vote....oh well :lol:

packinpatland
02-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Has Mrs Clinton showed up in GB yet?

Scott Campbell
02-18-2008, 09:24 AM
John Kerry pulled a good one in '04 when he called Lambeau "Lambert Field".

Obama didn't sound like he went that crazy.

Damn, we've been doing this a long time. I think I remember that thread at JSO.

twoseven
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I was there...He was talking about how Brady Poppinga was in the crowd and that it's hard for a Packer to support a Bears fan..

But then he said something like "But you wouldn't want a guy coming here and saying he's a Packers fan when he's actually a Bears fan, would you? You gotta stick with your team even when they don't break .500, and don't make the playoffs, and make you wanna pull your hair out. (Of course hearing about the Bears' misfortunes drew laughs and cheers from the crowd)"

He also said he was talking with Brady about letting the Bears have Favre for a couple years because we've had him long enough and of course Brady's answer was no haha..Then he congratulated the Packers on an outstanding season..

He was just having a little fun...Give him a break. :roll:
That was absolutely the perfect way to handle things, who's complaining about that exchange?

Packers4Ever
02-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Has Mrs Clinton showed up in GB yet?

Not sure that GB was on her schedule but I could be wrong; - I think it was Milwaukee, Eau Claire and one other city. I believe they took off for Texas
after the visit here as the weather turned wicked poor here which almost
never happens ! :wink:

BF4MVP
02-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Apparently his comments rubbed Numb the wrong way but the rest of Wisconsin didn't care..Obama won Wisconsin by a landslide 8-)

Jimx29
02-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Apparently his comments rubbed Numb the wrong way but the rest of Wisconsin didn't care..Obama won Wisconsin by a landslide 8-)No rub here. I cannot legally vote anyway :?

Zool
02-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Apparently his comments rubbed Numb the wrong way but the rest of Wisconsin didn't care..Obama won Wisconsin by a landslide 8-)No rub here. I cannot legally vote anyway :?

Take the citizenship test.

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
No rub here. I cannot legally vote anyway :?Convicted felon huh? 8-)

Packers4Ever
02-20-2008, 01:41 PM
You think the Stormin' Mormon's been Obama all the way or is he a Romney convert?

Obama all the way, without a doubt ! :roll:

Jimx29
02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
No rub here. I cannot legally vote anyway :?Convicted felon huh? 8-) http://i29.tinypic.com/j0bti0.gif