PDA

View Full Version : Zach Thomas is visiting the Patriots

GoPackGo
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
The Patriots are hoping the 34 year old can inject some much needed youth into their aging linebacking core.

Cheesehead Craig
02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
The Patriots are hoping the 34 year old can inject some much needed youth into their aging linebacking core.
That's funny!

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Sellout. He should just retire a Dolphin.

Patriots aint getting back to the SB anyways.

Patler
02-19-2008, 07:16 AM
NFL Network reported that the Patriots have made an offer, and negotiations have begun with Thomas' agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

The Leaper
02-19-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm stunned that the Pats are trying to do the same thing that failed before, although I'm guessing Zach might not be their only solution for the LB situation.

Cheesehead Craig
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm stunned that the Pats are trying to do the same thing that failed before, although I'm guessing Zach might not be their only solution for the LB situation.
They have a high draft pick, get some young LB stud in there and get some athleticism. It's almost like they are scared of the draft.

Deputy Nutz
02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Seems like a good fit. Until he forgets his name and address and can't remember if he had two kids or four.

Freak Out
02-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Good for Zach.

Good for the Pats. :lol:

Carolina_Packer
02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I would guess there will be some kind of protection for the Pats in their negotiations, with Thomas having so many concussions. I'm guessing the Pats will go CB in the draft if they lose Samuel.

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
I would guess there will be some kind of protection for the Pats in their negotiations.Maybe they asked him if he had any videotape from the Fins practice? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
02-20-2008, 07:44 PM
That's funny!

Hey! I said about 4 days ago that the Pats were embarking on a youth movement, nobody said that was funny, they responded like I was being serious.

KYPack
02-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Seau got USED in the SB.

Good gameplanning by the G-Men.

I'll never forget the haunted look on Junior's face as he left the field.

It was the "portrait of a SB loser".

Scott Campbell
02-21-2008, 08:29 AM
That's funny!

Hey! I said about 4 days ago that the Pats were embarking on a youth movement, nobody said that was funny, they responded like I was being serious.

Timing and delivery.

GoPackGo
02-21-2008, 10:51 AM
That's funny!

Try this :rs: next time

Harlan Huckleby
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll tell you, I don't get any respect, no respect at all.
Last night I went out to a massage parlor. Turned out to be self service!
:rs:

Scott Campbell
02-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Zach Thomas To Cowboys - from PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

DETAILS ON THOMAS DEAL

A league source tells us that the contract that eventually will be signed by linebacker Zach Thomas with the Cowboys carries a $1 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary in 2008. Thomas also can earn up to $1 million in incentives.

Though it's technically a multi-year deal, the structure will make it essentially a one-year relationship.

Per the source, Thomas was very intrigued by the offers to join the Patriots and the Saints. In the end, though, he decided to return to his home state of Texas. Another factor was his belief that he will be a good fit within the Dallas defense.

Thomas played in only five games last season due to a couple of concussions. It remains to be seen whether these problems will return for him in 2008.