PDA

View Full Version : CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

packers11
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Eagles have given CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

Bretsky
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
ESPN's John Clayton reports that the Eagles have given CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

surprising; he's a pretty good CB. Prolly just posturing though

HarveyWallbangers
02-18-2008, 09:25 PM
The Eagles are looking to get rid of Sheppard and Sheldon Bown--just like they got rid of Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent (just at the right time, I might add).

Tyrone Bigguns
02-18-2008, 11:10 PM
The Eagles are looking to get rid of Sheppard and Sheldon Bown--just like they got rid of Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent (just at the right time, I might add).

Huh? The dumped Troy after 12 years. Taylor after 9. Brown has played 6 years..and started after his 3rd. Sheppard has played 6.

This couldn't be more different.

HarveyWallbangers
02-18-2008, 11:33 PM

Huh? The dumped Troy after 12 years. Taylor after 9. Brown has played 6 years..and started after his 3rd. Sheppard has played 6.

The similarity is that most people thought Taylor and Vincent could still play. Hell, Vincent had made the Pro Bowl five years running when they let him walk. Many people weren't sure their replacements could replace them, and lamented the loss of their starting corners.

There are a lot of personnel people that think Brown is no better than average and most think Sheppard is solid, but not at Pro Bowl caliber anymore. Some guys last in the league for 15 years. Some last for 7-8 years. My guess is that the Eagles know something. Otherwise, they wouldn't be looking to replace these guys. Of course, the fans of whomever acquires them will talk about what a great pickup the guy is.

I know that may be hard for you to follow, but I have faith that you can do it.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2008, 12:07 AM

The similarity is that most people thought Taylor and Vincent could still play. Hell, Vincent had made the Pro Bowl five years running when they let him walk. Many people weren't sure their replacements could replace them, and lamented the loss of their starting corners.

There are a lot of personnel people that think Brown is no better than average and most think Sheppard is solid, but not at Pro Bowl caliber anymore. Some guys last in the league for 15 years. Some last for 7-8 years. My guess is that the Eagles know something. Otherwise, they wouldn't be looking to replace these guys. Of course, the fans of whomever acquires them will talk about what a great pickup the guy is.

I know that may be hard for you to follow, but I have faith that you can do it.

A bit of revisionism on your part. Most knew that troy was on his last legs. Sorry, but 34 year old CBs aren't long for the NFL. Some thought he could play safety..which..wait for it..wait for it..WAS THE EXACT POSITION HE PLAYED WITH BUFFALO. Taylor was a free agent..and again you don't look to keep him when you have drafted, i believe 3 cbs like they did. They knew the score.

Nobody can be sure of anything, but you don't waste TWO SECOND ROUND PICKS IN 02 if you aren't going to play them. Nor do you waste a first round on a DB in 02 as well. C'mon, man..you aren't that stupid.

And, the pro bowl argument is weak. Everyone knows that once you are in..you tend to stay in longer than you deserve. Hello, Lomas Brown.

I have no disagreement on Brown. Though, to characterize Lito as not having it anymore is ridiculous. 6 years in the league and one year removed from the pro bowl. They might not think he is good, but no one is saying he is over the hill.

What EVERYONE knows is that Sheppard is going to make around 3.5 mill and he can't stay healthy...he has averaged 11.7 games per year the last 3..and that doesn't cut it for that type of cash. Especially in year 2 of an 8 year deal..and one that if they cut him would basically be a 3 mill cap hit.

I also have faith that you will recognize that your analogy was way off.