PDA

View Full Version : Snow Days...

ND72
02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
What else would I do as a teach when we haven't had school since last Wednesday? Well duh...I make a mock draft.

This is pure guessing game so dont' hold anything for the gospel. I went through and took the top 10 at every position, and also the 5 most reliable draft boards I have...and here's what I came up with.

1.Miami Dolphins Matt Ryan QB, BC
2.St. Louis Rams Glenn Dorsey DT, LSU
3.Atlanta Falcons Brian Brohm QB, Louisville
4.Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas
5.Kansas City Chiefs Jake Long OT, Michigan
6.New York Jets Chris Long DE, Viginia
7.New England Patriots Aqui Talib CB, Kansas
8.Baltimore Ravens Sedrick Ellis DT, USC
9.Cincinnati Bengals Derrick Harvey DE, Florida
10.New Orleans Saints Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB, TSU
11.Buffalo Bills Chris Williams OT, Vandy
12.Denver Broncos Dan Connor LB, Penn St.
13.Carolina Panthers Keith Rivers LB, USC
14.Chicago Bears Kenny Phillips DB, Miami
15.Detroit Lions Phillip Merling DE, Clemson
16.Arizona Cardinals Jonathon Stewart RB, Oregon
17.Minnesota Vikings Vernon Gholston DE, Ohio St.
18.Houston Texans Rashard Mendenhall RB, Illinois
19.Philadelphia Eagles Malcom Kelly WR, Texas A&M
20.Tampa Bay Buccaneers Limas Sweed WR, Texas
21.Washington Redskins Calais Caldwell DE, Miami
22.Dallas Cowboys DeSean Jackson WR, California
23.Pittsburgh Steelers Jeff Otah OT, Pitt
24.Tennessee Titans Mario Manningham WR, Michigan
25.Seattle Seahawks Felix Jones RB, Arkansas
26.Jacksonville Jaguars Quentin Groves DE, Auburn
27.San Diego Chargers Kentwan Ballmer DT, North Carolina
28.Dallas Cowboys Sam Baker OT, USC
29.San Francisco 49ers Leodis McKelvin CB, Troy
30.Green Bay Packers Chilo Rachal OG, USC
31.New England Patriots Forfeit
32.New York Giants Antoine Cason DB, Arizona

Bretsky
02-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Chilo; there's a cool name. Never heard of the guy though. I'll take an OG though

ND72
02-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Chilo; there's a cool name. Never heard of the guy though. I'll take an OG though

I had never heard of him until I heard McShay & Kiper on espn radio one afternoon, and they said Chilo is gonna shoot up the draft boards. Right now he's a lock 2nd rounder, but they said he's gonna go into the combine and put up some top notch numbers, and as the top rated guard, they said he should be a lock to go at the end of the 1st round, so I thought we were the perfect fit.

ND72
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Chilo Rachal

Hometown:
Compton, Calif.

High School:
Dominguez

Height / Weight:
6-5 / 315

2007: Rachal returns for his second season as a starting offensive guard as a junior in 2007.

2006: Rachal started 12 games at right offensive guard as a sophomore in 2006. He earned 2006 Collegefootballnews.com Sophomore All-American second team, All-Pac-10 second team, and Rivals.com All-Pac-10 second team. He missed the Washington game after spraining his ankle at Washington State.

2005: Rachal appeared in all 13 games as a backup offensive guard and on special teams as a redshirt freshman in 2005.

2004: Rachal redshirted as a freshman offensive guard and tackle in 2004, his first year at USC. He had arthroscopic surgery to remove torn cartilage from his left knee prior to the Colorado State game, sidelining him for 3 contests (Colorado State, BYU and Stanford).

HIGH SCHOOL: He was a 2003 Super Prep All-American, Prep Star All-American, Prep Star Top 100 Dream Team, Lemming Top 100, Super Prep All-Farwest, Prep Star All-West, Long Beach Press-Telegram Best in the West honorable mention, Tacoma News Tribune Western 100, Orange County Register Fab 15 second team, All-CIF Southern Section first team, All-CIF Division III, Los Angeles Times All-Southeast/South Coast Lineman of the Year, Long Beach Press-Telegram Dream Team first team and All-Conference selection as a senior offensive lineman at Dominguez High in Compton (Calif.). He only played in 4 games in 2003.

As a junior in 2002, he was named to the Cal-Hi Sports All-State Underclass squad.

PERSONAL: He's a sociology major at USC.

WHAT OTHERS SAY: USC head coach Pete Carroll: "No doubt that Chilo has a chance to be a great football player. He has all the necessary attributes to become a dominating one-the right attitude, the right work habits, the right physical skills. He has quick feet for being such a big man and he also has tremendous explosiveness. I think he'll be one of those players who just keeps getting better and better. I like his fierce determination. He knows what he wants and he's working to reach that goal. There's no reason why he can't."

KYPack
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Chilo Rachal?

Sounds like a dish on a menu in the Yucatan.

Let's beat out NE and draft that guy Forfeit they're getting with the 31st pick.

Bretsky
02-18-2008, 09:32 PM
maybe we'll get our Logan Mankins :!:

CaliforniaCheez
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Do you know anything about Compton CA??

Tyrone Bigguns
02-18-2008, 11:05 PM
There is no chance brohm goes in the top 5.

MadtownPacker
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Do you know anything about Compton CA??For damn sure it's not Green Bay. :lol:

http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/n/nwa~~~~~~~~_straighto_101b.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
02-18-2008, 11:20 PM
When I'm called off, I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger, and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if ya fuck with me

SudsMcBucky
02-19-2008, 06:46 AM
Boy, I just don't see the Dolphins taking Ryan #1. Aren't they pretty high on the kid they took at the top of round 2 last year?

ND72
02-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Boy, I just don't see the Dolphins taking Ryan #1. Aren't they pretty high on the kid they took at the top of round 2 last year?

Parcell's said a couple weeks ago, "we have no NFL Quarterback on our roster"

denverYooper
02-19-2008, 10:14 AM

DAMN, that shit was dope!

KYPack
02-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Many draftniks believe there will be no QB's taken in the first 20 picks.

Ryan is thought not to be very athletic.
Brohm has suspect arm strength, with most of his tosses coming on crosses and plays that are yards after catch type gains.

We will see.

Some are likening this draft to '97 when Jim Druckenmiller (Walsh's boy) was the first QB at 26.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2008, 10:20 AM

With parcells you can't be sure if that is an accurate assesment or his way of needling a guy to step up. He is the master motivator.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
I've been reading quite some articles that back up the kernals notion that no QB may be taken in the top 20. If Brett retires, would you take a qb with our first if one of the top 3 is there?

The Leaper
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM

And they still wouldn't if they drafted Ryan #1.

The Leaper
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I've been reading quite some articles that back up the kernals notion that no QB may be taken in the top 20. If Brett retires, would you take a qb with our first if one of the top 3 is there?

Hell no.

Rodgers already fits that bill...he's still young, and has already had a few seasons to learn and develop. Why would you pay first round money to a 3rd string QB?

twoseven
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM

This is serious business.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2008, 05:28 PM

And they still wouldn't if they drafted Ryan #1.

Word down here in the mia is that parcells is pretty high on beck... Honestly its hard for anyone in miami to look good with all the problems they had last year. I still think that they could take a DT number 1, if they dont trade it they could take about anything besides RB.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM

Hell no.

Rodgers already fits that bill...he's still young, and has already had a few seasons to learn and develop. Why would you pay first round money to a 3rd string QB?

no i agree with leaper, A-rod looked good in the Dallas game, i mean how can you expect someone who was a high pick, and who studied under Favre to be bad especially with what i saw in that one game.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
This was a question on a local sports show today. If Brett does retire, I'd take one on the first day, third round would be good imo.

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 06:02 PM
I thought they moved the 3rd round to the second day...

twoseven
02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I thought they moved the 3rd round to the second day...
Yep. First overall pick on the clock at 2pm, ten minute clock. Second round, seven minutes. 3-7rds are on day two at 5 minutes.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
1.Miami Dolphins i really see them going with dorsey
2.St. Louis Rams with dorsey gone they could go with chris long
3.Atlanta Falcons if peterno was still there than i would say brohm, but since ryan is the better QB i think they go ryan
4.Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden RB, Arkansas--they take him or sedrick ellis
5.Kansas City Chiefs Jake Long OT, Michigan
6.New York Jets Chris Long DE, Viginia
7.New England Patriots Aqui Talib CB, Kansas-- if there was a higher ranked LB then they would take one here but for time being they should go the DB route
8.Baltimore Ravens i think the ravens run a 3-4 in that case haloit ngata should have that middle position, i have to go back and look at it but since mcnair hasnt worked out and boller isnt the answer i think they go with brohm
9.Cincinnati Bengals think they go vernon gholston in this spot
10.New Orleans Saints Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB, TSU
11.Buffalo Bills they missed out on patrick willis last year and i thing they go keith rivers this year
12.Denver Broncos -for the 2nd time they take a Florida DE in derrick harvey
13.Carolina Panthers Chris williams, both the panthers Tackles are going to be FA's
14.Chicago Bears ryan clady
15.Detroit Lions what dont the lions need? i see them going with malcom kelly the WR :lol: J/K they go with a Cb because since Dre Bly got traded theirs been a void-Leodis mckelvin
16.Arizona Cardinals Jonathon Stewart RB, Oregon-- good pick, james hasnt met the expectaions
17.Minnesota Vikings calais Caldwell
18.Houston Texans Rashard Mendenhall RB, Illinois
19.Philadelphia Eagles Desean Jackson
20.Tampa Bay Buccaneers malcom kelly
21.Washington Redskins limas sweed,
22.Dallas Cowboys reggie smith, i dont think WR is the cowboys biggest need
23.Pittsburgh Steelers brandon albert- since faneca will most likely not be resigned
24.Tennessee Titans Mario Manningham WR, Michigan-- vince young needs some targts
25.Seattle Seahawks Felix Jones RB, Arkansas
26.Jacksonville Jaguars Quentin Groves DE, Auburn
27.San Diego Chargers Kentwan Ballmer DT, North Carolina
28.Dallas Cowboys Sam Baker OT, USC
29.San Francisco 49ers -James Hardy-- its hard for a 6-7 reciver to be passed down,especially with the needs at corner
30.Green Bay Packers mike jenkins- we desperately need to start grooming a corner,
31.New England Patriots Forfeit
32.New York Giants Antoine Cason DB, Arizona

i havent really studied the draft much, and also untill combine happens, nothing is for sure

ND72
02-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Hell no.

we're fine at QB. You probably do draft one, but I don't think in the first 3 rounds, maybe 3rd if there is a steal type.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
Petrino Paterno Pitino.

All those eyeties look the same to tyrone.

I repeat again..no way is brohm going that high. Weak arm. He'll be lucky to go late first round.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Petrino Paterno Pitino.

I repeat again..no way is brohm going that high. Weak arm. He'll be lucky to go late first round.

i have him going 8th to baltimore

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Petrino Paterno Pitino.

I know...way to high.

But, i don't think you got my joke on eyeties..at your expense.

twoseven
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Petrino Paterno Pitino.

I know...way to high.

It would've been easier if you used 'wop.' It's hard to be politically correct and funny all at the same time, well unless we're talking about Mit Romney and his knee slappers.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I think jenkins is staying in school

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Petrino Paterno Pitino.

I know...way to high.

It would've been easier if you used 'wop.' It's hard to be politically correct and funny all at the same time, well unless we're talking about Mit Romney and his knee slappers.

Eyeties isn't politically correct.

Still, you gotta question someone who thought paterno was coaching the falcons.

Leading the falcons onto the field...JoePa!!!

ND72
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
1.Miami Dolphins i really see them going with dorsey

I'll take some heat with this statement...But I don't think Dorsey was even the best DT on his team. AND, I don't think he's the best DT in this draft...yet he'll probably go 1 or 2 based on potential and pure talent. I see a big time comparison to Big Daddy Wilkinson on the way with him going so high.