PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Fidel

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Bush Greets Castro Resignation
By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG
Published: February 20, 2008

KIGALI, Rwanda — President Bush said Tuesday that the resignation of Fidel Castro “ought to be a period of democratic transition” for Cuba, and said the country must hold free and fair elections to pick a successor after half a century of Communist rule.

“And I mean free and I mean fair,” Mr. Bush added, “not these kind of staged elections that the Castro brothers try to foist off as true democracy.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/20/world/americas/20rwanda.html

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 07:56 AM
I've defended Bush against the bashers through most of his term. I've seen every president in my lifetime roasted while they are in office.

Uhhhhh, this may be the dumbest comment I've ever heard from any U.S. President. An opportunity opens up for change in Cuba, and Bush responds by insulting the Cuban people by ridiculing their leaders. Bush is simply a stupid man.

I dislike Castro more than most. Bush's words are true but incredibly unwise.

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
“And I mean free and I mean fair,” Mr. Bush added, “not these kind of staged elections that the Castro brothers try to foist off as true democracy.”Change the location to Florida and the brothers to Jeb and George and there isn't much difference from our last election.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:00 AM
“And I mean free and I mean fair,” Mr. Bush added, “not these kind of staged elections that the Castro brothers try to foist off as true democracy.”Change the location to Florida and the brothers to Jeb and George and there isn't much difference from our last election.

that's pretty good, but I really am much, much smarter than you. :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:05 AM

that's pretty good, but I really am much, much smarter than you. :lol:Really? Then why do you have to go out and pay for your chorizo breakfast while I just walk up to my table and have it served to me?

Careful Partial, you may end up like Harlan if you become old and queer.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:06 AM
(MAdtown was arguing in PM with me whether I'm smarter than him. He said proof of my stupidity is that I spend so much time arguing with dumb crackers around here. I conceded some truth in that, but at least I am smarter than PArtial. Mad thinks Partial will be just like me in 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Zool
02-19-2008, 08:12 AM
(MAdtown was arguing in PM with me whether I'm smarter than him. He said proof of my stupidity is that I spend so much time arguing with dumb crackers around here. I conceded some truth in that, but at least I am smarter than PArtial. Mad thinks Partial will be just like me in 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Youre eBrain is no match for my eMuscles.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:13 AM
video gamers don't have muscles.

Zool
02-19-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm not your typical nerd.

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:15 AM
(MAdtown was arguing in PM with me whether I'm smarter than him. He said proof of my stupidity is that I spend so much time arguing with dumb crackers around here. I conceded some truth in that, but at least I am smarter than PArtial. Mad thinks Partial will be just like me in 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: )Since you want to discuss our PM let's make sure to quote correctly.

I never argued with you about who was smarter. Your pathetic attention hungry self said to me "ALWAYS remember, I am much, much smarter than you. If you know something, assume that I know it too."

I then said "you aint much smarter than any of these other crackers."

You replied that you are much smarter than P. I replied that P will be you
in 30 years but I was wrong because Young P gets coochie. Even if you where into chicks I dont think you would get laid.

MJZiggy

You must have a big machine...

Harlan Huckleby

ahh, so you are like the Mac guy!

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
(MAdtown was arguing in PM with me whether I'm smarter than him. He said proof of my stupidity is that I spend so much time arguing with dumb crackers around here. I conceded some truth in that, but at least I am smarter than PArtial. Mad thinks Partial will be just like me in 30 years. :lol: :lol: :lol: )Since you want to discuss our PM let's make sure to quote correctly.

I never argued with you about who was smarter. Your pathetic attention hungry self said to me "ALWAYS remember, I am much, much smarter than you. If you know something, assume that I know it too."

I then said "you aint much smarter than any of these other crackers."

You replied that you are much smarter than P. I replied that P will be you kin 30 years but I was wrong because Young P gets coochie. Even if you where into chicks I dont think you would get laid.

I'll bet your face is red with anger. Well, sort of a brownish red.

you really are a dumb ass!!!!! :lol: :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:19 AM
I'll bet your face is red with anger. Well, sort of a brownish red.

you really are a dumb ass!!!!! :lol: :lol:Why? Is it suppose to be a surprise that you post PMs?

Why are you fantasizing about my face?

you really are a queer ass!!!!! :lol: :lol:

LL2
02-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Good riddance to Castro!

How is what Bush said stupid or insulting their people.

SkinBasket
02-19-2008, 08:26 AM
What the fuck is going on around here?

red
02-19-2008, 08:27 AM
and now the true commie steps up to the plate

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Good riddance to Castro!

It's a time for concilitory talk. The Cubans have their gripes about Castro, but they are still proud of their revolution. Bush doesn't need to rub in their noses that they have lousy leadership. Can you imagine Bush ridiculing the old Chinese men who lead China at the moment when power might be changing hands? This sort of talk just spurs a backlash. People in other countries have pride.

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Harlan wants everyone to pretend to be a politcally correct asskissing phony like him.

LL2
02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Good riddance to Castro!

It's a time for concilitory talk. The Cubans have their gripes about Castro, but they are still proud of their revolution. Bush doesn't need to rub in their noses that they have lousy leadership. Can you imagine Bush ridiculing the old Chinese men who lead China at the moment when power might be changing hands? This sort of talk just spurs a backlash. People in other countries have pride.

True, but their leadership does suck! It's not a true democracy when someone runs a country for decades. If the Castro brothers really do run the country there might not be much change, and time will tell if there really is any change.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Harlan wants everyone to pretend to be a politcally correct asskissing phony like him.

:?: whose ass am I kissing? I think I am more of the offensive sort.

Patler
02-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Harlan;

Molehill = Mountain????

red
02-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Good riddance to Castro!

True, but their leadership does suck! It's not a true democracy when someone runs a country for decades. If the Castro brothers really do run the country there might not be much change, and time will tell if there really is any change.

it was much worse there when they did have a "true democracy" with the US supported batista in control

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:35 AM

:?: whose ass am I kissing? I think I am more of the offensive sort.Like I said, PRETEND. Nothing about you is real.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Harlan;

Molehill = Mountain????

Its part of a steady pattern of diplomatic incompetence.

Do you remember the Rumsfeld/Bush talk of "old/new Europe" that damaged relations with our European allies for 4 years?

I think comments like what Bush made today about Castro are very damaging, particularly at an emotional moment for the Cuban population. Just really, really stupid.

Scott Campbell
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Why would you spend so much time in PM's with an old gay guy?

Scott Campbell
02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
What George should have said - "Good luck Cuba".

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:41 AM

:?: whose ass am I kissing? I think I am more of the offensive sort.Like I said, PRETEND. Nothing about you is real.

I see. So if I am PRETENDING to be an ass-kissing phony, than REALLY I'm a great guy. no, wait, nothing about me is real.

I'm having a little trouble working through this, doctor.

Harlan Huckleby
What George should have said - "Good luck Cuba".

Exactly

Harlan Huckleby

Why would you spend so much time in PM's with an old gay guy?

he likes me. he really likes me.

MadtownPacker
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM

Why would you spend so much time in PM's with an old gay guy?He harrasses me but since Harlan's Law was never enacted I have no protection from the ole bull queer.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:44 AM
now you've gone and hurt my feelings.

Zool
02-19-2008, 08:49 AM

No complaints.

Patler
02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Harlan;

Molehill = Mountain????

Do you remember the Rumsfeld/Bush talk of "old/new Europe" that damaged relations with our European allies for 4 years?

I think comments like what Bush made today about Castro are very damaging, particularly at an emotional moment for the Cuban population. Just really, really stupid.

I don't believe comments such as that are "damaging" even if they are unwise. There is no cause and effect relationship. They simply give an excuse for more anti-American rhetoric, but do not in and of themselves cause changes in attitudes or opinions. Those are changed by what we do as a nation, not by some off-hand remark by any politician, including the President.

Zool
02-19-2008, 08:52 AM

Maybe you could go somewhere and hurt his too? I hear Cuba is nice.

Zool
02-19-2008, 08:54 AM

ahh, so you are like the Mac guy!

More like if Lewis Black came from hearty breeding stock.

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 08:55 AM

No complaints.

I need more RAM, or is it ROM? I can never keep 'em straight. Maybe I just need more memory...(or better memory for that matter) and something to go in that empty expansion bay.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Harlan;

Molehill = Mountain????

I don't believe comments such as that are "damaging" even if they are unwise. There is no cause and effect relationship. They simply give an excuse for more anti-American rhetoric, but do not in and of themselves cause changes in attitudes or opinions. Those are changed by what we do as a nation, not by some off-hand remark by any politician, including the President.

anti-American rhetoric is not relevant. the Cuban people are not particularly anti-American, talk to anybody who has been there. The issue is defensiveness, they are a proud people in a weak position. Remarks by leaders matter, we'll just have to agree to disagree. You're right, what we do as a nation (in this case, a counter-productive embargo) matter more.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 08:59 AM

maybe some time away together would be the thing.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 09:01 AM
I need more RAM, or is it ROM? I can never keep 'em straight. Maybe I just need more memory...(or better memory for that matter) and something to go in that empty expansion bay.

your problems can be fixed by a relatively small machine. no RAM, no ROM, just two AA's.

Patler
02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
The issue is defensiveness, they are a proud people in a weak position.

The same can be said for most homogeneous societies under the rule of a dictator. The Cubans are no different in that regard.

LL2
02-19-2008, 09:04 AM

maybe some time away together would be the thing.

What you two do together is nobody's business.

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 09:25 AM

your problems can be fixed by a relatively small machine. no RAM, no ROM, just two AA's.

Sometimes it takes more power than that to run the operating system.

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2008, 09:28 AM
talk to PackinPatland about a nice wine.

Zool
02-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Mine can run Linux, Windows and MacOS.

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 09:39 AM

So how many gigabytes you got going there?

SkinBasket
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Maybe I just need more memory...(or better memory for that matter) and something to go in that empty expansion bay.

Put a potato in there and hook one of the power leads to it to help power your machine.

Zool
02-19-2008, 09:49 AM

Dual 4G

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 09:50 AM

Dual 4G

Processing...

Freak Out
02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
The Cuban people are probably still fucked. Fidel resigns, his brother takes power and gets his people set up and departs soon there after. Hopefully they will try and open things up a bit more...or completely...But that is doubtful. It will take another revolution...this one should be much less bloody than the last.