PDA

View Full Version : Which Packer will take a major step forward this year?

Partial
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
see title. I think AJ Hawk will become a truly special player this year.

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Only if the coaches give him the freedom to do so. He's already good. I think Jason Spitz will take a major step forward and become a solid starting OG.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-19-2008, 01:45 PM
If he can stay healthy, I really believe that Will Blackman will be a very good player as a CB. If he stays healthy, he easily will be our number 3 corner next year. Am predicting about 4 ints from him.

Partial
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM

Only if the coaches give him the freedom to do so. He's already good. I think Jason Spitz will take a major step forward and become a solid starting OG.

I think Bobby Sanders will have the pressure on him to bring the heat more often.

GrnBay007
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
James Jones!!! :clap:

MJZiggy
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
James Jones!!! :clap:

Your favorite player and your favorite emoticon all rolled into one post... :)

red
02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
greg jennings= pro bowl

and i agree that its more then overdue for the coaches to take the reigns off hawk. he will be a star, IF they let him play

Brando19
02-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Brandon Jackson. The O Line is better than when he had a chance and he'll be a great player for us next year.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Jones and Rouse

Green Bud Packer
02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Mason Crosby. He's going to show how big of a leg he's got this season.

The Leaper
02-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Jones is a reasonable choice. The kid showed potential last year, but hit the wall over the course of the season. He caught at least 4 passes in each of the first 5 games of the year...but I think the aftermath of the Chicago game really shook the kid up and he all but disappeared by December. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jones rack up 75 catches next season.

However, I think Bigby probably is the guy I would look at if you are talking about the potential for the BIGGEST step. Bigby's play in December and into the postseason was strong...he certainly improved as the year went on. I was one of his biggest critics this year, and I'm still not sure he can pull it all together in terms of coverage. However, if Rouse steps up and can become a ballhawk (which I think he can), that opens it up for Bigby to play closer to the line of scrimmage. The kid is a great athlete...and he has a nose for the ball when the play is in front of him. If he has a reliable coverage player at the other safety position, Bigby could become a huge force as an 8th man in the box.

Green Bud Packer
02-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Bigby will be on the minds of every wide out who plays against the Pack this season.

twoseven
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Rouse or Bigby.

mmmdk
02-19-2008, 04:54 PM
My money is on Mason Crosby.

BallHawk
02-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Ruvell Martin.

RashanGary
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I think Aaron Rodgers will light up the pre season.

The backup Oline will be something like:

Colledge
Barbre
??
Coston
Moll

I think they'll contribute to making Rodgers look good against #2 Defenses.

Chubbyhubby
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Brandon Jackson. He will solify our running game, We have 3 solid young backs with upside. Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, and Wynn.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't think Wynn will be here next season.

ND72
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM

I just had a tear come to my eye, I'm so proud, like a new daddy.

Within my man-love for AJ Hawk, I hope he does "show" himself more this year, but if all 3 of our LB's play at the level they did this year, I'd be more than happy.

I have a few picks for guys to "step up". Brandon Jackson & Aaron Rouse. Those are my picks.

Bretsky
02-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I love Hawk, but I think the system and lack of aggression from the DC makes his extreme progression a challange

I'd like an OG to take a big step forward......any of them for gosh sakes

My best guess is Spitz needs to be that guy

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
I think Hawk is best in coverage and that is why he has been doing that much more after the middle of the season. Poppy is very good playing near the line of scrimmage and 56 can do both well.

ND72
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I think Hawk is best in coverage and that is why he has been doing that much more after the middle of the season. Poppy is very good playing near the line of scrimmage and 56 can do both well.

:lol: Like I said, if all 3 of our LB's can keep playing at the level they're at this year, and/or keep progressing, I'll be more than happy even if Hawk never becomes a Hall of Fame LB like I'd love him to be.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I think the scheme as B suggests really puts most of our defenders on their heals. I'd actually love to see Poppy blitzing much more often than he does. The three as a group make a strong group but I think the Dline is the problem with our D.

ND72
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I think the scheme as B suggests really puts most of our defenders on their heals. I'd actually love to see Poppy blitzing much more often than he does. The three as a group make a strong group but I think the Dline is the problem with our D.

I think Sanders relies too much on our front 4 to do anything, which bangs them up through the year. We were a much different team early than late up front. I would like to see our team a bit more agressive especially with Poop & Hawk, but make smart blitz's...I HATE when they stem down Jenkins and walk Hawk up so we're basically in a 5-2 defense...der, I wonder what's going on? D-3 college OL's can block those blitz's, they accomplish nothing.

b bulldog
02-19-2008, 09:17 PM
I like what defenses were doing against the Pats on passing downs by being very unconventional and having many LB's in the game and keeping them upright at the line of scrimmage.

ND72
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I like what defenses were doing against the Pats on passing downs by being very unconventional and having many LB's in the game and keeping them upright at the line of scrimmage.

:lol: That's called creativity. That memo hasn't been faxed to Bob yet.

KYPack
02-19-2008, 09:26 PM

I think Sanders relies too much on our front 4 to do anything, which bangs them up through the year. We were a much different team early than late up front. I would like to see our team a bit more agressive especially with Poop & Hawk, but make smart blitz's...I HATE when they stem down Jenkins and walk Hawk up so we're basically in a 5-2 defense...der, I wonder what's going on? D-3 college OL's can block those blitz's, they accomplish nothing.

Fan types want a lot of blitzes which often isn't the answer. But, in our case, we should storm more. When we do blitz, our boys don't finish worth a shit. That's one area that we could vastly improve on. Our guys are right there (Espec Hawk) but they just don't finish.

I'd like to see Sanders vary our basic shell so we could do a fire zone type blitz. Hawk and Barnett would be illegal on a Fire X blitz. Our basic scheme is pretty inflexible so it doesn't let us do it much.

Also ND, yer right. Bringing the backers up is a dead giveaway. If you show a pre-snap look like that, you can only fool the Grossman-Boller type idiot QB's. The Jeff Garcia types eat us alive.

Our lb corp improved a lot this year. I think they will be at the top of the NFC this next season.

Bretsky
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Improvment from Sanders would improve the defense IMO