PDA

View Full Version : A Case For Bob Sanders

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Seems like a lot of people are still ripping on Sanders. I think he should occasionally bring Hawk, the safeties, and Pop a little more, but the Packers did finish near the top in points allowed, opposing QB rate, opposing 3rd conversions, and were solid in rushing yards/attempt. If you look at the talent on the defense (good, not great), you'd say they did about what they should. I feel more confidence at this point that Sanders can do the job.

MJZiggy
02-20-2008, 07:39 AM
It could be just an impression I have, but I thought the defense mixed things up more at the beginning of the season and were far more imaginative than they were near the end. Maybe it's just my imagination, but that's how it seemed to me.

GBRulz
02-20-2008, 08:46 AM
It just seems like we've brought in, I mean spent so much more money on defense vs offense and we're not seeing the results from that. I'm not so sure if Sanders is the problem, but Schott certainly is bringing his case down for him....

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 08:56 AM
The D would have been fine at the end of the season if the pass rush hadn't been worn out. They where also helped in the begining of the season by long, time consuming drives by the offense.

Partial
02-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Our defense was very, very, very good at the beginning of the year.

Harv, do you agree that the defense was not the same in the later part of the year? How can we remedy that? I suppose they still need to keep building depth. Hopefully we land a pass rusher or one of those big ends to spell Kampy.

Patler
02-20-2008, 09:46 AM
it is easy to understand why the defense was less effective the latter part of the season.

Collins was hurt in game 8 and missed games 9, 10 and 11.
Jolly was lost in game 10, missing 11-16 completely.
Cole was lost in game 11, missing 12-16 completely.
KGB was injured in game 11, missed game 12 and was hobbled after that.
Woodson was injured in game 11, missed game 12 and was hobbled thereafter.
Picket was injured in game 14 and missed games 15 and 16.
Kampman hurt his back before game 14, was questionable, but played.

A lot of continuity was lost. New guys were in and out of the starting lineup and primary rotations on a weekly basis. Even Harrell and Blackmon were available on and off the latter part of the season.

Freak Out
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
it is easy to understand why the defense was less effective the latter part of the season.

Collins was hurt in game 8 and missed games 9, 10 and 11.
Jolly was lost in game 10, missing 11-16 completely.
Cole was lost in game 11, missing 12-16 completely.
KGB was injured in game 11, missed game 12 and was hobbled after that.
Woodson was injured in game 11, missed game 12 and was hobbled thereafter.
Picket was injured in game 14 and missed games 15 and 16.
Kampman hurt his back before game 14, was questionable, but played.

A lot of continuity was lost. New guys were in and out of the starting lineup and primary rotations on a weekly basis. Even Harrell and Blackmon were available on and off the latter part of the season.

As Sir Stat-alot points out the D was pretty banged up late in the year but carried the team through some tough games early in the year. Sanders did not adjust well to some key situations that played a big factor in at least two losses but the experience should help out in that regard.

The Leaper
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
A case of what? Heineken? That might be the only way we see any creativity in this defense.

Bretsky
02-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Bland and unimaginative IMO

b bulldog
02-20-2008, 09:32 PM
The D was good in the beginning of the year but truthfully, the offenses they played at that time weren't doing much.

Packers4Ever
02-20-2008, 09:48 PM
It could be just an impression I have, but I thought the defense mixed things up more at the beginning of the season and were far more imaginative than they were near the end. Maybe it's just my imagination, but that's how it seemed to me.

I got that same feeling early in the season, that changes had been made
and it was almost like watching a new team, especially the first 6 games or so. More zip, some new plays, It was good to see, hope there's
more of it.

Joemailman
02-20-2008, 10:10 PM

You mean Sanders, or this thread? :wink:

Bretsky
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM

You mean Sanders, or this thread? :wink:

Good old Dobber Sanders

Kiwon
02-21-2008, 03:59 AM