PDA

View Full Version : It's about time!

Freak Out
02-21-2008, 11:23 AM
VW is bringing a diesel back to the US. I've driven VW diesels for years and have been waiting patiently for them to come back.

Macht snell!

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=10808

LL2
02-21-2008, 11:47 AM
To get 69mpg would be awesome! It will probably be about two years before we see the cars here in the US, which will be around the time I will be looking to buy a new car.

Freak Out
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
To get 69mpg would be awesome! It will probably be about two years before we see the cars here in the US, which will be around the time I will be looking to buy a new car.

I drive an older TDI now and get 50MPG on the highway and around 42-45 in town. It drops a little when it's real cold but not bad. They and Honda have been working on new single rail diesels for some time and both should be out in the next couple of years. The hybrid just makes it that much sweeter. What I want is one of the Vans.....but they are hard to find and very expensive even in Germany.

packinpatland
02-21-2008, 12:32 PM
How much to do you figure it will run ($)? I'm getting ready to trade my Volvo in. Seems that since Ford bought them out, they aren't the 'tanks' of old.

LL2
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
How much to do you figure it will run ($)? I'm getting ready to trade my Volvo in. Seems that since Ford bought them out, they aren't the 'tanks' of old.

Ford is trying to sell Volvo, and I think the other brands they own too like Land Rover and Jaguar. To me that's stupid, because those brands are probably what keeps Ford afloat.

Freak out...who makes the TDI?