PDA

View Full Version : The demise of JSO and the oasis of Packer Rats

Spaulding
05-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Don't know where to start and realize that this is an old topic but eventhough I'm not that active of a poster I do read almost daily the various packer sites (JSO, Packer Chatter, Packer News, Packer Rats, etc.) and can't tell you how continually refreshing it is to see well thought out posts and spirited/objective arguments.

I have kept hoping that the JSO would recover but things continue to degrade over there to the point where it's pretty much a waste of time to even check for interesting posts anymore.

Just wanted to say thanks to Packer Rats for picking up the slack. Now if you'd just allow bigger avatars :)

jack's smirking revenge
05-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Well, props to everyone for making this the place it is and for making it the anti-JSO (and, no, we're not elitist). Packer Rats wouldn't be anything without the many voices that make it an interesting, lively and engaging place to hang out.

Glad to have you here mrbojangles!

tyler

Badgepack
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I have been peeking in at JSO and it is downright depressing.
Useless bashing of one another, pathetic.

packrulz
05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
JSO has turned into a hole but I do miss posters like Tex, St. Lou, Green Day, & etc. The good old days. I don't get why they don't come here except some people don't like to change. To each his own.

Deputy Nutz
05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
I miss Harlan.

hurleyfan
05-25-2006, 05:19 PM
It certainly is nice to have this forum.. I don't post all that often, but enjoy the read..

Cmon rulz, you really miss Tex :razz:

Rastak
05-25-2006, 05:54 PM
I miss Harlan.

Right on the nutz with that one.....

wist43
05-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I only came over not too long ago... I, along with others, went over to the C-E site, but then it shut down, or changed, or something; so, I just went back to JS.

I knew everyone had gone somewhere, but I wasn't sure where... then someone posted this link on there, I saw it, and here I am. I'm assuming there has to be some others still over there that haven't caught sight of this site yet.

Harlan Huckleby
05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Now that SOV is here, it's like we never left.

I wish DonHutson would come over. Ahhh, all those guys are probably lurking here under names like "CandyAss" and "ILuvPack".

CaptainKickass
05-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I've been reading this site for a few weeks now as well as packerchatters (who are mysteriously NOT accepting new members at this time) and figured I'd at least pop in and say hi to all you whose names I recognize but have never met.

I've had an account on JSO since '04 but rarely post for some of the same reasons everyone else gave but mostly because I enjoy reading up on the Pack and then amazing my friends with my in depth knowledge of my team and thereby making me look like I'm an amazingly dedicated fan and making them look like lesser fans of their own team. Then I tell 'em that that's how everybody is back in WI.

The Dr.'s tell me I might have a superiority complex, but I think it's merely an addiction to football.

I grew up in WI but now live in the Seatlle area - there are tons of transplants from other states and lots of fair weather fans. I go to a local sports bar to catch the noon Packer games at 10am with a breakfast and bloody mary special and several other Cheeseheads. There's even some kinda club out here for Packer fans.

Anyway - thanks for the entertainment and please keep writing.

MJZiggy
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
Nice to see ya CKA. Football addiction runs rampant 'round here along with Rockstar in the Romper Room. Don't hesitate to jump in on the insanity when the mood strikes.

Kiwon
05-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Kudos to anyone who comes here and makes a positive contribution.

That said, special recognition has to go to those who really put this site together. I won't name names but you know who you are. I, for one, really appreciate your efforts!

Rastak
05-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Now that SOV is here, it's like we never left.

I wish DonHutson would come over. Ahhh, all those guys are probably lurking here under names like "CandyAss" and "ILuvPack".

No shit, it's perfect. GBM and SOV at each other throats.....man, what could be better?

This is the way it should be....

Pack0514
05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Amen, I love this place, nice job guys and gals!

Murphy37
05-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Did you guys come here to talk about the Pack or make out with each other like your at the 8th grade fairwell dance? Cut the crap and get back to work.

It was a joke.......Put the knife down Harlan............................Harlan No! No!

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Man it truly is sad, when I go back just to see if there is ANYTHING good to read at JSOnline, its just "DaBadestBear" talking smack to everyone and just the same old threads. (godforsaken FYIs) haha. But the only reason I EVER go there is to see if they updated the front cover story.

Pack0514
05-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Did you guys come here to talk about the Pack or make out with each other like your at the 8th grade fairwell dance? Cut the crap and get back to work.

It was a joke.......Put the knife down Harlan............................Harlan No! No!

Yippy Kiah, Mother Fucker.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I miss Bananaman, where is that guy anyhow?

Murphy37
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I miss Bananaman, where is that guy anyhow?

I agree! I loved that Banana. You see that dancin banana and you just know everything is gonna be alright. I love you banana, wherever you are.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Murph, can you go bait him with a Chiquita or something?

Joemailman
05-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm afraid Bananaman must have finally run off with Carrot. Actually he has posted at JSO as recently as March. I'm not registered there anymore. Can someone who is send him a message?

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I lost my password from there and don't care to get it back. I'm pretty sure he was contacted about this site though. He posted on C-E didn't he?

Guiness
05-25-2006, 11:09 PM
http://www.bananamuseum.com/earlmoran2.jpg

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 06:00 AM
nice gams!

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 09:37 AM
I've been reading this site for a few weeks now as well as packerchatters (who are mysteriously NOT accepting new members at this time) and figured I'd at least pop in and say hi to all you whose names I recognize but have never met.

I've had an account on JSO since '04 but rarely post for some of the same reasons everyone else gave but mostly because I enjoy reading up on the Pack and then amazing my friends with my in depth knowledge of my team and thereby making me look like I'm an amazingly dedicated fan and making them look like lesser fans of their own team. Then I tell 'em that that's how everybody is back in WI.

The Dr.'s tell me I might have a superiority complex, but I think it's merely an addiction to football.

I grew up in WI but now live in the Seatlle area - there are tons of transplants from other states and lots of fair weather fans. I go to a local sports bar to catch the noon Packer games at 10am with a breakfast and bloody mary special and several other Cheeseheads. There's even some kinda club out here for Packer fans.

Anyway - thanks for the entertainment and please keep writing.

Welcome CaptainKickAss! Thanks for posting!

Love the sig too!!!! "Team America: World Police" is da bomb!

tyler

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 09:42 AM
The threads their suck, but they are starting to some personality back.

No Mo likes to start the same thread over their as he does here. Interesting.

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 09:52 AM
No Mo likes to start the same thread over their as he does here. Interesting.

So does Nick Collins. They haven't severed their ties yet. Nutz, if I told you 6 months ago we would all leave that place, you would have sworn at me more often.

None of us saw that shit coming.

Charles Woodson
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I went on JSO this morning...It was hell, everything there is negative and you have retards trying to diss texs, man i feel bad for him, im glad that PR is better, i love this place

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I loved that place, but at the same time I think we all ruined it. We went to the law for protection and they took away our rights without offering the protection we wanted, we declared a revolution. I think for the most part we were successful, thanks to alot of people, UNF(France) gave us a little shelter and a bit of protection which was nice.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
I just want to reiterate a common thread of why this place rocks: the people. I think we all have an understanding here, a level of respect and professionalism that doesn't exist at JSO. I'm here because of all of you and that's the bottom line. I think the feelings would be mutual if you surveyed the rest of the group (with some exceptions). We've got something good; my suggestion is that we always keep it that way (ie. we all are responsible for maintaining this level of coolness).

tyler

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 10:33 AM
I just want to reiterate a common thread of why this place rocks: the people. I think we all have an understanding here, a level of respect and professionalism that doesn't exist at JSO. I'm here because of all of you and that's the bottom line. I think the feelings would be mutual if you surveyed the rest of the group (with some exceptions). We've got something good; my suggestion is that we always keep it that way (ie. we all are responsible for maintaining this level of coolness).

tyler

I think I agree with you. I do like the ability to tear someone a new asshole, but there is really no need. I know I went a round with Nick Collins about OT stuff, and although shit was spewed we still respect each other, I think.

prsnfoto
05-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I went on JSO this morning...It was hell, everything there is negative and you have retards trying to diss texs, man i feel bad for him, im glad that PR is better, i love this place

If you are talking about Texaspackerbacker he needs to be dissed after reading thousands of his posts these are his beliefs:
1)carroll is the best CB on the team
2)the offensive line is going to be awesome
3)record this year will be 13-3
4)we didn't need to draft AJ Hawk because Manning and Pooppig are pro bowlers we should've took Vernon(crybaby) Davis because TE win SB's.
5)Gado will have 2000yds and Green will be cut
6) Al Harris is the weakest corner on the team
7) Tex likes politics too GW Bush is the greatest prez ever
8)All liberals kill babies and have sex with same sex partners
9)Sadaam Hussien was the greatest threat to world peace since hitler
10)Texas is the greatest state ever.

If you believe in all of the above then you can be his friend otherwise your an idiot! This is why I come here now I was going crazy.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 11:12 AM

If you are talking about Texaspackerbacker he needs to be dissed after reading thousands of his posts these are his beliefs:
1)carroll is the best CB on the team
2)the offensive line is going to be awesome
3)record this year will be 13-3
4)we didn't need to draft AJ Hawk because Manning and Pooppig are pro bowlers we should've took Vernon(crybaby) Davis because TE win SB's.
5)Gado will have 2000yds and Green will be cut
6) Al Harris is the weakest corner on the team
7) Tex likes politics too GW Bush is the greatest prez ever
8)All liberals kill babies and have sex with same sex partners
9)Sadaam Hussien was the greatest threat to world peace since hitler
10)Texas is the greatest state ever.

If you believe in all of the above then you can be his friend otherwise your an idiot! This is why I come here now I was going crazy.

I would put Tex in the same category as Anti-Polar Bear (Tank, as he's affectionately called by some of us from his previous alias at JSO): steadfast and unflinching in their beliefs. Whenever I saw a Tex post at JSO, I ignored it. With APB's anti-TT rants here, I think he's going to get a similar treatment very soon. Like you, much of what Tex says and stands for annoys me, but he knows his football (well, minus some Packer takes) and every now and then the discussion is good.

With some posters, you just have to accept that that's all you're going to get and the discussion will end at that point. With others, debate is fun and engaging.

Bottom line: uhh....welcome to Packer Rats. And if I get on your nerves, please let me know.

:D

tyler

Guiness
05-26-2006, 01:27 PM

tyler

Dunno how we pulled it off, but we did. We've all created a welcoming atmosphere, where mud slinging, etc just isn't in the spirit of the board. Debate and discussion rule the day, and that's awesome.

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I think the occasional personal insult hurtled back and forth is ok. Not desirable, but ok. Hopefully people cool down and don't take it too hard. When the extended sagas of personal attacks and counter-attacks drone on, that's when things get...... some would say "fun", I say "ugly." I'm glad that we don't have those ongoing bad vibes here.

pacfan
05-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I agree with the Blue dog. I just wanna be hugged.

Tarlam!
05-27-2006, 03:04 AM
I prefer peace and harmony, too, but there's this one poster..... :sad:

MadtownPacker
05-27-2006, 11:26 AM
All this lovefest crap is really making me wanna puke.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Ya gotta wonder how JSO can tally a total of 7 posts in a day and a half, two by me. What the hell happened to that place?

http://www.goatpod.co.uk/going%20up/squig.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
05-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I love that picture.

I wish Woody would come back.

Deputy Nutz
05-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I love that picture.

I don't, that guy was a moron with the thinniest of skin. He couldn't take a little ribbing and he decided to go postal.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 02:34 PM
I love that picture.

I posted that for you, but I am glad Woodie is where the Maritimes play and not here.

Highly Favored
05-29-2006, 04:48 PM
what's JSO?

MJZiggy
05-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Journal Sentinel Online. The forum many of us used to post to until it ran into some security issues that were never resolved.

Highly Favored
05-29-2006, 04:51 PM
ok

MadtownPacker
05-29-2006, 06:47 PM
only one prayer away...

Mobb?