PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters

Iron Mike
02-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Copper Queen Hotel (http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/episodes/episodes.php?seas=3&ep=0302&act=1)

This is no lie......I was at this hotel two weeks after they filmed this episode. 8-)

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Thats really funny that you posted this because I'm staying in a haunted hotel tomorrow night! Yikes!
http://www.hotelmontevista.com/images/hotelmain.jpg
http://www.hotelmontevista.com/

Reported Hotel Monte Vista Ghosts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bank Robber
In 1970, three men robbed a nearby bank & during the robbery, a bank guard shot one of the men. Despite their injured comrade they decided to stop by the hotel lounge and have a drink to celebrate. The wounded man bled to death while enjoying his last drink. Since then both patrons and staff have reported being greeted by a an anonymous voice saying "Good Morning!" There have also been reports of barstools and drinks that seem to move on their own.

The Women of the Night
Years ago Flagstaff's Red Light District could be found just south of the railroad tracks, only 2 blocks away from the Monte Vista. In the early 1940's two prostitutes were brought to the hotel to room 306. During their "visit" they were killed and thrown from their third floor window to the cold street below. Over the years, numerous guests have reported being awakened in the middle of the night and unable to return to sleep due to a feeling that they are being watched. In most instances, it is our male guests that report the feeling of having a hand placed over their mouth and throat, and awakening unable to breathe. After they awake, these guests say they found it very difficult to return to sleep due to an overwhelming feeling of anxiousness and a sense that someone is "keeping an eye" on them.

The Phantom Bellboy
Hotel guests have reported a knock at their door and in a muffled voice, someone announces "room service". When guests open the door, they find that no one is there. Some guests however have seen the figure of a bellboy standing outside of room 210. John Wayne experienced this ghost while he was a guest of the hotel. Mr. Wayne reported that the ghost seemed friendly, and that he did not feel threatened at all by its presence.

The Little Boy
Some guests have seen the image of young boy wandering the halls of the hotel. Some guests say that they have had this young ghost touch their hand! His voice can sometimes be heard as if he is walking behind you. Guests who have seen this ghost have said it looks as though he may be speaking with his mother.

The Meat Man
This bizarre long term boarder was known by his strange habit of hanging raw meat from the chandelier. In the early 1980's he was found in room 220 three days after his death. Not long after his death, a maintenance worker was doing repairs in the room. Needing a new fixture for the repairs, the employee left the room, turned the lights off, and locked the door. Upon returning, only a few minutes later, he found the television on with the volume full blast, and the linens on the bed had been ripped and scattered around the room!

The Rocking Chair
Once featured on the television show "Unsolved Mysteries" room 305 is by far the "most active" room in the Hotel. There are numerous reports of seeing a woman in the rocking chair near the window. Also guests and housekeeping alike report seeing the chair "move by itself"! History tells us that years ago an elderly woman who was a long term renter would sit by the window for hours on end. No one knows what she was looking at or looking for. Could it be she was waiting for someone? Someone she waits for even in death.

Baby in the Basement
The disturbing sounds of an infant crying in the basement have been heard again & again. Reported primarily by maintenance & laundry personnel, this is possibly the most disturbing encounter reported in the hotel. Staff have found themselves running upstairs to escape the sound of the cries. Though the sounds are very real to those who hear them, there has been no information that has explained this phenomenon.

The Dancing Couple
On several occasions lounge staff & patrons have witnessed a transparent couple dancing in the Cocktail Lounge. They are seen in formal dress laughing and smiling, eternally dancing.

The Voices
The staff at the Old Post Office (OPO Salon) have heard voices & seen figures moving in the building for years. No one is quite sure who these shadowy visitors might be.

Poltergeists
For years housekeeping have reported problems with light bulbs being unscrewed, or on some occasions completely removed! While this may be frustrating for the staff this is rarely a problem for out guests. However, if your lights don't work, check the bulbs!

Freak Out
02-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Thats really funny that you posted this because I'm staying in a haunted hotel tomorrow night! Yikes!
http://www.hotelmontevista.com/images/hotelmain.jpg
http://www.hotelmontevista.com/

Reported Hotel Monte Vista Ghosts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bank Robber
In 1970, three men robbed a nearby bank & during the robbery, a bank guard shot one of the men. Despite their injured comrade they decided to stop by the hotel lounge and have a drink to celebrate. The wounded man bled to death while enjoying his last drink. Since then both patrons and staff have reported being greeted by a an anonymous voice saying "Good Morning!" There have also been reports of barstools and drinks that seem to move on their own.

The Women of the Night
Years ago Flagstaff's Red Light District could be found just south of the railroad tracks, only 2 blocks away from the Monte Vista. In the early 1940's two prostitutes were brought to the hotel to room 306. During their "visit" they were killed and thrown from their third floor window to the cold street below. Over the years, numerous guests have reported being awakened in the middle of the night and unable to return to sleep due to a feeling that they are being watched. In most instances, it is our male guests that report the feeling of having a hand placed over their mouth and throat, and awakening unable to breathe. After they awake, these guests say they found it very difficult to return to sleep due to an overwhelming feeling of anxiousness and a sense that someone is "keeping an eye" on them.

The Phantom Bellboy
Hotel guests have reported a knock at their door and in a muffled voice, someone announces "room service". When guests open the door, they find that no one is there. Some guests however have seen the figure of a bellboy standing outside of room 210. John Wayne experienced this ghost while he was a guest of the hotel. Mr. Wayne reported that the ghost seemed friendly, and that he did not feel threatened at all by its presence.

The Little Boy
Some guests have seen the image of young boy wandering the halls of the hotel. Some guests say that they have had this young ghost touch their hand! His voice can sometimes be heard as if he is walking behind you. Guests who have seen this ghost have said it looks as though he may be speaking with his mother.

The Meat Man
This bizarre long term boarder was known by his strange habit of hanging raw meat from the chandelier. In the early 1980's he was found in room 220 three days after his death. Not long after his death, a maintenance worker was doing repairs in the room. Needing a new fixture for the repairs, the employee left the room, turned the lights off, and locked the door. Upon returning, only a few minutes later, he found the television on with the volume full blast, and the linens on the bed had been ripped and scattered around the room!

The Rocking Chair
Once featured on the television show "Unsolved Mysteries" room 305 is by far the "most active" room in the Hotel. There are numerous reports of seeing a woman in the rocking chair near the window. Also guests and housekeeping alike report seeing the chair "move by itself"! History tells us that years ago an elderly woman who was a long term renter would sit by the window for hours on end. No one knows what she was looking at or looking for. Could it be she was waiting for someone? Someone she waits for even in death.

Baby in the Basement
The disturbing sounds of an infant crying in the basement have been heard again & again. Reported primarily by maintenance & laundry personnel, this is possibly the most disturbing encounter reported in the hotel. Staff have found themselves running upstairs to escape the sound of the cries. Though the sounds are very real to those who hear them, there has been no information that has explained this phenomenon.

The Dancing Couple
On several occasions lounge staff & patrons have witnessed a transparent couple dancing in the Cocktail Lounge. They are seen in formal dress laughing and smiling, eternally dancing.

The Voices
The staff at the Old Post Office (OPO Salon) have heard voices & seen figures moving in the building for years. No one is quite sure who these shadowy visitors might be.

Poltergeists
For years housekeeping have reported problems with light bulbs being unscrewed, or on some occasions completely removed! While this may be frustrating for the staff this is rarely a problem for out guests. However, if your lights don't work, check the bulbs!

I've stayed there....the only thing that kept me up was the wild party going on down the hall from where I was sleeping....errr staying.

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I hear it can get rowdy. After a day of snowboarding, and a night of heavy drinking, falling asleep won't be a problem for me.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Go,

You live in AZ?

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Go,

You live in AZ?

yes, and no you can't move your cardboard box into my my house.

Iron Mike
02-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Look at all of the haunted places in Flagstaff:

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/arizona.htm

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Look at all of the haunted places in Flagstaff:

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/arizona.htm

Wow. That is a fascinating website. :shock:

Iron Mike
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
I'ma go up to Weyauwega some time to check out the goatman:

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/wisconsin.htm

GrnBay007
02-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Go,

You live in AZ?

:lol:

GrnBay007
02-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I couldn't stay in a place that's known to be haunted.

Iron Mike
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Hell with that......I'm just gonna head over to Sheboygan:

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080211/SHE0101/802110458/1973/frontpage

GoPackGo

Weyauwega - Marsh Road - Studies have been conducted out on the road and have found "orbs" in pictures. - October 2004 update: The local legend behind that is one of a Goatman. Yes a goatman. Legend has it that back in the 60's or 70's maybe even earlier that there used to be a "makeout" couch located halfway down the rd. While late one night after high school prom a young couple was down there and the goatman killed them and the couch was covered with thier remains. Also a myth with the road is you can travel it one was and it will be so many miles long you can turn aroung go back to the other end and the length of the road will be dramatically different As legend has it.

Are you the Goatman?

Badgepack

I can't believe there is not a story on the "Ridgeway Ghost"

http://www.w-files.com/files/ghridgeway.html

Iron Mike
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I can't believe there is not a story on the "Ridgeway Ghost"

I can't believe there's no story on Summerwind:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/summer.html

Tyrone Bigguns
02-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Go,

You live in AZ?

I my box is more that sufficient. tyrone is all about cutting down his environmental footprint.

Why Flag? Sunrise is better..though obviously not for the weekend.

If i'm going overnight..it is Co. You ever go with Alpine?

oregonpackfan
02-22-2008, 06:18 PM

Which would be worse--staying in a place that is haunted or a place full of Bears fans? :)

GrnBay007
02-22-2008, 09:25 PM

Which would be worse--staying in a place that is haunted or a place full of Bears fans? :)

honestly, I'd take the Bear fans......lol

MJZiggy
02-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't know, I've been to a few places on that Wisconsin list, some of them quite often, and I've never seen anything out of the ordinary. As to "sudden cold," it IS Wisconsin after all.