PDA

View Full Version : NE worried?

KYPack
02-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Some have dismissed Spygate II as a ridiculous media sham. A mountain out of a molehill, etc., etc.

There are signs that NE is taking precautions in case Spygate II does blow up in the Pats face. Dom Capers was added to the Pats staff, ostensibly to help coach the Dbacks. Joel Collier was dismissed as a defensive coach from that staff.

Others are wondering if Capers was added as a "coach in waiting" in case Billy B quits or is suspended as the NFL tries to limit this second scandal.

b bulldog
02-22-2008, 04:15 PM
pft.COM has been all over this and the Pats should be worried.

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Others are wondering if Capers was added as a "coach in waiting" in case Billy B quits or is suspended as the NFL tries to limit this second scandal.

I doubt Capers was added as a coach in waiting. What team wouldn't want to hire a former head coach to be a positions coach.

packinpatland
02-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm starting to think they're all in 'bed together'.
:roll:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3259278

KYPack
02-22-2008, 05:07 PM

I doubt Capers was added as a coach in waiting. What team wouldn't want to hire a former head coach to be a positions coach.

Sure, from the team's perspective that's a good deal. The problem is not a lot of former HC/CD's are gonna take a minor gig like this one. Capers is older and might want the less pressure/responsibility job, but this one looks like NE is trying to hedge it's bets.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Poor logic. What former head coach would want to be a position coach?

Something stinks and it ain't the harbor.

GoPackGo
02-22-2008, 05:45 PM

When you get fired from your job you take what you can get.

packinpatland
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM

If you're referring to Boston Harbor..........they cleaned that up years ago.