PDA

View Full Version : Eagles to cut Kearse

Brando19
02-23-2008, 11:30 AM
www.profootballtalk.com
Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Philadelphia Eagles will be releasing defensive end Jevon Kearse.

Per Schefter, Kearse was offered a pay cut, but a deal to keep him at a reduced salary could not be reached. He was due to earn a base salary of $6.46 million in 2008.

Kearse took the league by storm as a rookie in 1999 with the Titans. Injuries became an issue for him in subsequent years.

He jumped to the Eagles as a free agent in 2004. After recovering from a serious knee injury in 2006, Kearse was buried on the depth chart in 2007.

There has been speculation that Kearse might return to the Titans, who could be losing Antwan Odom in free agency

twoseven
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
The Vikings are desperate for a pass rusher and have a ton of cap space, it wouldn't surprise me if they went after him.

Iron Mike
02-23-2008, 11:41 AM
The Vikings are desperate for a pass rusher and have a ton of cap space, it wouldn't surprise me if they went after him.

They should just draft another first round bust. :P

HarveyWallbangers
02-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Kearse is a shell of his old self. In 14 games last year, he had 12 tackles and 3.5 sacks. He'll be 32 years old this year, and injuries have sapped him of a lot of his athleticism.

Fritz
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM

yeah, my sense is that there were a few years in a row where the Queens drafted defensive ends the way Matt Millen drafts wide receivers.

twoseven
02-23-2008, 12:19 PM

yeah, my sense is that there were a few years in a row where the Queens drafted defensive ends the way Matt Millen drafts wide receivers.
If it weren't of them taking a chance on Erasmus James, my bet is that we would have wasted a pick on that injury waiting to happen if he made it to the second round.

oregonpackfan
02-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Adrian Peterson can hardly be considered a "First round bust." The guy had a fantastic rookie season!

Fritz
02-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I think this was a reference to Udezi and whatever other first round d-ends they might have drafted. Erasmus James - was he first round? Or maybe it was a reference to that wide receiver of theirs who drops the ball all the time. That fast guy with hands of mortar.

cpk1994
02-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I think this was a reference to Udezi and whatever other first round d-ends they might have drafted. Erasmus James - was he first round? Or maybe it was a reference to that wide receiver of theirs who drops the ball all the time. That fast guy with hands of mortar.Don't forget Demitrius Underwood as well.

red
02-23-2008, 02:32 PM
kearse is done. i don't think he has anything left. too many injuries