PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Combine

b bulldog
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
This stirs the pot for us fans and gets our blood flowing since it is the offseason but the combine has to be the biggest waste of time for the Scouts and GM's. The absolute best thing any of these personel people can do is simply to watch game tape on these players to see how fast they run, how agile they are and how explosive they are. The one thing I think is great for the personel people is the chance to really interview these players and take a look at their character. That being said, I love to read what they are all doing and how they are doing and thanks Nick for posting these articles cause I'm too damn lazy to do it but most of this stuff is just for us fans.

RashanGary
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
This stirs the pot for us fans and gets our blood flowing since it is the offseason but the combine has to be the biggest waste of time for the Scouts and GM's. The absolute best thing any of these personel people can do is simply to watch game tape on these players to see how fast they run, how agile they are and how explosive they are. The one thing I think is great for the personel people is the chance to really interview these players and take a look at their character. That being said, I love to read what they are all doing and how they are doing and thanks Nick for posting these articles cause I'm too damn lazy to do it.

Plus I have to pay to get it so unless you guys have ESPN insider, it's not available.

b bulldog
02-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Well I'm really glad your posting it than. I heard today on ESPN radio that the combine is starting to get old to the evaluators since they have routinely been burned by workout warriors and that game film is the players best friend or worst enemy.

Jimx29
02-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Well if they had half a brain, they'd listen to my suggestion about having cheerleader combines.
Now there's your must see TV

Lurker64
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the combine is useful to NFL scouts and GMs in two ways:
1) The Physical
2) The Interview.

Everything else is pretty worthless when it comes to actually evaluating talent. So the Combine should certainly not be as big of a deal as it is, but both 1&2 above are potentially of great interest to NFL scouts and GMs.

The Leaper
02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
I think the combine is useful to NFL scouts and GMs in two ways:
1) The Physical
2) The Interview.

You forgot the third way.

3) Catching up on sleep.

Sherman was a master at it.

]{ilr]3
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I was just at the RCA Dome and convention center for the big Motorsports Dealer show last week. Would have been exciting to stick around Indy to see who you could spot on the streets but I wanted to get home. It was a long week :o

The RCA dome is really a nice stadium. I cannot believe they are just going to tear it down this summer when that monster next door is done! :shock: Someone should be slapped for building a NFL stadium that small in the first place :cat:

What you see here was about 5-10% what all was at the show. Frikin huge! 8-)
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/KilrB_photobucket/RCADOME.jpg