PDA

View Full Version : Raiders interested in trading Michael Huff

Brando19
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I wouldn't mind seeing Huff in a Green Bay uniform. Perhaps trading Corey Williams straight up may get him? I don't think Collins is playing well enough to start on our defense. He's the weakest link, in my opinion. I like Rouse and Bigby, but Huff could compete with them as well.

KYPack
02-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Huff isn't as good as Collins.

If anyone replaces slick Nick, it'll be Aaron Rouse.

Lurker64
02-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Knowing Al Davis, when he says "everybody's available for trade" means "I will give you any of these guys if you give me the entirety of your next 3 drafts". The raiders say they're shopping somebody, it means that "we will give you this guy for the entirety of your next two drafts."

In essence, this doesn't mean anything.

]{ilr]3
02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I like the idea of Huff in Green and Gold. Nice compliment to Woodson, Harris and Bigby.

red
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM
i think they'll want a first or second round pick for him

i don't see TT giving that up

falco
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
tank should be all over this one

twoseven
02-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I haven't heard his name since the 05' draft when he was supposedly the overwhelming choice as the best safety in the draft. Has he lived up to that hype since then?

KYPack
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I haven't heard his name since the 05' draft when he was supposedly the overwhelming choice as the best safety in the draft. Has he lived up to that hype since then?

Yeah, Tank was all ate up about Huff. That should tell you something about the boy.

He hasn't come close to living up his reputation. He's got one pick in two seasons. Simply hasn't lived up to his hype. Kid you not, Collins is the superior player, at this point.

Travbrew
02-24-2008, 06:01 PM

Tank, or whatever name he's posting under now, is too busy stroking himself to the Huff poster he has on his bedroom wall to respond to this thread.

digitaldean
02-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Oh, APB, where for art thou???? :lol:

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Who is Tank posting under?

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Is he Tyrone?

Bretsky
02-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Who is Tank posting under?

Pretty sure Tank is gone again

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 07:53 PM
b, ARE YOU GOING TO BLOW UP AGAIN THIS YEAR IF tt DOESN'T MAKE ANY MOVES TO BETTER THE TEAM DURING ufa?

Bretsky
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
b, ARE YOU GOING TO BLOW UP AGAIN THIS YEAR IF tt DOESN'T MAKE ANY MOVES TO BETTER THE TEAM DURING ufa?

Nope

In fact I pretty much expect nothing from free agency this year

It's much easier being a fan when I don't expect much

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Agree but it is hard not be a tad jealous of these teams that make some moves and the excitement that goes with those moves.

Bretsky
02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Agree but it is hard not be a tad jealous of these teams that make some moves and the excitement that goes with those moves.

My views are no secret bulldog and I'm pretty sure we don't agree on one of them.

For the past couple years I've wanted GB to get a legit starting OG on this roster and let the young guys fight it out for the last spot and learn on the job. My gut tells me we'd agree on this.

I'm also of the view that our window of championship opportunity shrinks when Brett Favre retires. I'm not sure we'd share that view and based on some of his recent playoff games I don't blame those who disagree with me.

So would I like to see TT go get some starters in free agency ? Sure. But like I said I'm not going to get emotional about it this year and my expectations are next to nothing in free agency.

Hey, I'd have no complaints on an upside suprise.

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
All of your points are valid. I really don't disagree with any of them as long as if your upgrading to make a run with Brett, do it with a player that will also be there for Rodgers.

MJZiggy
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Nope

In fact I pretty much expect nothing from free agency this year

It's much easier being a fan when I don't expect much

Think of what you got by not getting much...

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I must admit that when the signings start to happen and teams like the Cowboys, Seahawks and Giants are getting better, my blood may start to boil if we again do nothing. One thing the postseason made clear is that you need to be able to run the ball and a passrush is a nescessity to have. You may disagree with this but I don't think our Dline is good enough to generate a rush against the good lines in the NFL .

Bretsky
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
I must admit that when the signings start to happen and teams like the Cowboys, Seahawks and Giants are getting better, my blood may start to boil if we again do nothing. One thing the postseason made clear is that you need to be able to run the ball and a passrush is a nescessity to have. You may disagree with this but I don't think our Dline is good enough to generate a rush against the good lines in the NFL .

I'll agree if you let me restate your point like this

With our lack of creativity in pressure packages to rush the quarterback, our defensive line is not good enough to generate a consistent rush against a top OL.

I was thinking about a debate I recently had with JH about the merit of Ron Wolf and my thoughts led to the two coaching staffs the GM's were blessed with.

I pondered whether there was a GLARING difference between the two staffs

FRITZ SHURMUR versus BOB SANDERS was what I came up with.

Bretsky
02-24-2008, 08:27 PM

I'd also agree with your snyopsis of the other top NFC teams; although just letting our own guys seemed to help last year.

Green Bay, Seattle, Dallas, the Giants, and maybe Tampa Bay seem to clearly be the ones to keep an eye on for the NFC crown next year.

I hope none of the others do much; well except for Dallas improving their LB depth and Seattle adding a top tier OG (since that already occured)

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Fritz was a very good DC but please don't forget that he had a Dline that could put pressure on an offense without needing to blitz. When he wanted to blitz, he had one of the best S's at doing so to have ever played the game. That team was a much better team than any of the teams that are playing in today's NFL imo.

KYPack
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM

I'd disagree with you on that point, Dog. Our DLine has question marks, but we have a great personnel grouping there. TT did make a UFA move when he got Pickett, who is a top hand. If Jolly & Jenkins bounce back we could have one of the top 3 Dlines in the league. NT had injury troubles early & at mid-season on the Dline and were not a good team until they got their guys going again.

We had our injuries late and our D tailed off. If we can keep our bunch intact all year, we will again be a force in the NFC.

Guiness
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Ya, that's nice. But I'd rather have the excitment that goes along with a 13 win season, and hosting a conference championship game! :P

Tyrone Bigguns
02-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Is he Tyrone?

Tyrone is not Tank.

Tyrone considers that a grievous insult.

Tyrone submits that Bulldog choose his weapon and his second.

KYPack
02-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Is he Tyrone?

Tyrone is not Tank.

Tyrone considers that a grievous insult.

Tyrone submits that Bulldog choose his weapon and his second.

Absolutely.

Them's definitely fightin' words.

b bulldog
02-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I like the excitement of a 13 win season also but I do not like a Dline that struggled the last 6-8 games of the season and a running attack that can't grind it out. IMO, if you think kampy and KGB will be able to generate a rush from week one to the SB, I think your asking too much.