PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network Prediction

Brando19
02-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I was just watching the NFL Network and an "expert" picked the Chargers over the Packers in next years SuperBowl (if Favre comes back.) I was just looking at the Packers schedule for next year and as it stands right now, pre draft and free agency, I have the Packers going 11-5 with losses at home to the Cowboys and Colts and away to the Bears, Jaguars, and Seahawks. I believe if it comes down to the Packers/Chargers...the Lombardi trophy will be coming home to Titletown.

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I picked the bolts also

packinpatland
02-24-2008, 07:02 PM
I picked the bolts also

......but not the Pack?

Freak Out
02-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I picked the bolts also

......but not the Pack?

Surprised?

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Surprised?? I'm not going to pick the Packers to get that far unless they get some passrush help and some OL upgrades. IMO, the Bolts are really going to be good next season.

packinpatland
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Surprised?? I'm not going to pick the Packers to get that far unless they get some passrush help and some OL upgrades. IMO, the Bolts are really going to be good next season.

Can this be put somewhere so it's easily accessed next Jan? :lol:

Patler
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM

Have they replaced their Head Coach? :)

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
If I had to pick now, I'd take the Bolts over the Cowboys. :x

KYPack
02-24-2008, 08:03 PM

Have they replaced their Head Coach? :)

QB, too.

Rivers did some strange shit last year. He's wired funny.

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
he is but that team is loaded and I think they got all the bugs worked out near the end of last season but that may not translate for the 08 season.

oregonpackfan
02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
The number of serious injuries to key players is a huge factor in determining a team's success. The Packers were relatively fortunate this past year. Though they did lose several players to season-ending injuries, none of them were key starters.

b bulldog
02-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Agree and health is something you can't predict and in the salary cap era, major injuries will kill any team.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-25-2008, 12:19 AM
he is but that team is loaded and I think they got all the bugs worked out near the end of last season but that may not translate for the 08 season.

Loaded?

Their WRs are average..and that is being kind. Gates is now undergoing surgery.

Their line has had major problems pass blocking.

Their linebackers (exept merriman) and defensive backfield aren't loaded as well. Weddle is gonna be the starter and he looked good last year, but Hart sucks against the run. Cromartie is obviously good in pass defense, but he is not good against the run nor a stout tackler.

They struggled to stop the run when williams went out. Loaded teams don't. They have good starters but their backups aren't good.

ST are always critical and Kaeding hasn't been great in the playoffs, and that is being kind.

They have a nice team, but Rivers has shown much.

Partial
02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
I agree with bulldog that the Chargers are stacked. Tyrone, waht team are you watching? Compare the pack to the chargers player by player and I think you'll be surprised.

Zool
02-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Pack Off > SD Off
Pack Def < SD Def

How much of a difference is there between each unit? I guess I'll never understand why people call themselves a fan of a specific team, then only pick out negatives and dwell on them. Seems like you just want something to bitch about.

Packgator
02-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I have the Packers going 11-5 with losses at home to the Cowboys and Colts

Won't lose both of those games at home....at least they better not. Those games are going to be hyped as two of the most anticipated games of the year.....league wide. If the Packers are going to be "real" contenders they must at least get a split.

Scott Campbell
02-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Their WRs are average..and that is being kind.

Chambers, Jackson and Gates can hang with most receiving corps.

MadtownPacker
02-25-2008, 09:16 AM
I agree with bulldog that the Chargers are stacked. Tyrone, waht team are you watching? Compare the pack to the chargers player by player and I think you'll be surprised.
Besides injury there is no way in hell the Packers lose to the cowboys at home this year. I think they will even beat the colts.

As for the chargers, the Pack beat them without any running game so if the chargers are gonna get a pass because they had a "slow start" in 07 then the invisible run game the Pack sported the first half of the season has to count for a lot too.