PDA

View Full Version : A Packer From The North Pole?

oregonpackfan
02-24-2008, 11:22 PM
This weekend, my college-aged daughter brought home a male classmate from Anchorage, Alaska. They attend Pacific Lutheran University together, a Division III college near Tacoma, WA.

When I informed him the Packers had a starting offensive lineman(Daryn Colledge) from North Pole, Alaska, he was shocked. North Pole is just a town of 1,600 just outside of Fairbanks.

I showed this young man the results of a Google Search on Colledge. It is rare for someone from that area of the state to even play on a Division I team, much less make it to the pro level.

We discovered that Colledge grew up living on Santa Claus Lane! :)

By the way, he was a personable, respectfull, intelligent young man. I didn't even think of calling up Madtown to take a contract out on the kid!

:lol:

Patler
02-24-2008, 11:32 PM
By the way, he was a personable, respectfull, intelligent young man. I didn't even think of calling up Madtown to take a contract out on the kid!

Kind of disappointing when the daughter comes home with a guy you can't build up a gut-wrenching hate for, huh? :lol:

Freak Out
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
This weekend, my college-aged daughter brought home a male classmate from Anchorage, Alaska. They attend Pacific Lutheran University together, a Division III college near Tacoma, WA.

When I informed him the Packers had a starting offensive lineman(Daryn Colledge) from North Pole, Alaska, he was shocked. North Pole is just a town of 1,600 just outside of Fairbanks.

I showed this young man the results of a Google Search on Colledge. It is rare for someone from that area of the state to even play on a Division I team, much less make it to the pro level.

We discovered that Colledge grew up living on Santa Claus Lane! :)

We've had a couple of good ones come from up here. Schlereth went to the same high school I did and there are few more from Alaska that made the NFL over the years. If I remember right there is even another from North Pole that made the NFL a few years back.

packinpatland
02-25-2008, 07:16 AM
It's got to be the clean air, clean water..........and the cold!

Little Whiskey
02-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Kind of disappointing when the daughter comes home with a guy you can't build up a gut-wrenching hate for, huh? :lol:

he doesn't know shit about the packers. that alone calls for him to be taken out! :)