PDA

View Full Version : Under Rated?

BlueBrewer
05-25-2006, 09:33 PM
A spin off of Mazzin's over rated thread, name your top five under rated players.

1. Donald Driver
2. KC o-line
3. Byron Leftwich
4. Tiki Barber
5. Drew Bledsoe

ND72
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM
1. Donald Driver - Had been most consistant Packer WR in a LONG LONG time. Does everythign needed.

2. Tiki Barber - Easily the most underrated RB in the league. Does nothing but put up numbers.

3. David Carr - Good QB on a very Bad team...You will see a better David Carr under Gary Kubiak.

4. Brian Urlacher - Probably won't be a favorite pick, but everyone seems to put this guy down. He's the life and soul of the Bears defense...oh, and it's a good defense.

5. Hines Ward - He is a more noticed Donald Driver. Does everythign you want a guy to do...block, catch, come over hte middle, go deep.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Top Five huh?

Well here is ONE

FRIGGIN NICK BARNETT.....Look at the numbers they dont lie.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
William Henderson. He may be at the end of his career but that guy has been one of the best FB's over the past 10 years. He never complains, just goes out and does his job. Because he was actually utlized as a FB should be and not a RB type role (Alsott) he never received the recognition he deserves.

I have to disagree with ya here, Mazzin... I didn't know Nick Barnett had any numbers except for the 5-6 on his nightclub marquee :wink:

BlueBrewer
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Top Five huh?

Well here is ONE

FRIGGIN NICK BARNETT.....Look at the numbers they dont lie.

I agree totally

chain_gang
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
1.) Warrick Dunn, the little guy is like the frickin' energizer bunny, he just keeps going and going and going, and nobody seems to notice.

2.) Willie Parker, the man with the biggest offensive play in the super bowl. He's the real reason the Steelers won it(I know the refs were terrible), and he gets no credit for it. After the season he had he deserves more credit, however, all anyone keeps saying is how can the steelers replace the Bus. Get with the times the Bus was replaced last year.

3.) T.J. Houshmandzadeh, He's the reason why Chad Johnson can still get to the pro bowl, teams have a hard time doubling Johnson when Houshmanzadeh can get open all the time. 78 recs. almost a 1,000 yard and 7tds for a number 2 receiver is impressive.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:00 PM
WR Donald Driver - legit #1 receiver. What can't he do? He has good hands, runs good routes, has speed to get deep, has great jumping ability. Sure, you wish he was bigger, but he's a hell of a receiver.

LB Keith Bulluck, Tennessee - might be as good as any LB in the league.

S Adrian Wilson, Arizona

CB Rashean Mathis, Jacksonville

DT Pat Williams, Minnesota - He's getting old, but he played as well as any DT in the league last year.

Partial
05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Harv's list is pretty much perfect.

Add Leftwich, Kitna and TJ Housh and you've got mine.

edit - and moss, randy moss is just sick.

Guiness
05-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Don't know how Leftwich can be underated - he gets plenty of press, and gets talked up IMO.

I do agree with the KC o-line. They're probably the best in the league right now, and o-lines rarely get any credit at all. Actually, one of the few times I remember a line getting credit it deserved was GB's line around '03 and '04 - I heard a lot of talking heads saying how its continual good play helped Ahman's rushing tremendously.

Picking underated players is tough by definition. I guess that's why this thread is so much shorter than the overrated one!

I know he gets a fair amount of credit, but a a guy I really like is Todd Heap.

Someone on that Tampa Bay squad must be underrated. I have no idea how they went 11-5.

ND72
05-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree about Barnett.

The Leaper
05-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Hines Ward...the guy is easily one of the top 10 receivers in the game, and probably is pushing for inclusion in the top 5, but he rarely gets any hype. He was VASTLY underrated a year ago...the Super Bowl win gives him a little more recognition.

Mark Tauscher...personally, I view him as one of the 3 best RTs in the game. He rarely misses an assignment and almost never is penalized. Packer fans know all about him...but few others outside of Wisconsin do.

Eric Johnson...imagine what this TE could do with an NFL caliber QB throwing him the ball? Vernon Davis will attract all the attention in SF...but Johnson is a very good TE when healthy.

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Don't know how Leftwich can be underated - he gets plenty of press, and gets talked up IMO.

I do agree with the KC o-line. They're probably the best in the league right now, and o-lines rarely get any credit at all. Actually, one of the few times I remember a line getting credit it deserved was GB's line around '03 and '04 - I heard a lot of talking heads saying how its continual good play helped Ahman's rushing tremendously.

Picking underated players is tough by definition. I guess that's why this thread is so much shorter than the overrated one!

Someone on that Tampa Bay squad must be underrated. I have no idea how they went 11-5.

Tampa Bay WR Joey Galloway

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 10:10 AM

Tampa WR Joey Galloway

Chuckie drove the Cadillac and scared everyone into playing above their ability. Plus, Joey Galloway was on fire. (I picked him up week1 in my fantasy squad and he virtually carried me to the playoffs)

tyler

Charles Woodson
05-26-2006, 10:29 AM
1. William henderson-man i love this guy, works his ass off.
2. David carr- i still think this guy is good, its just hard to prove urself when ur line sucks
3. Jonathan Vilma-puts up great numbers, you never hear about him
4. Anquan Bolidin- puts up verry impressive numbers, funny to think that all the draft critics, critisized him for goin in it his jr. year
5. Nick collins- imo he is

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Michael Pittman

Guiness
05-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Tampa Bay WR Joey Galloway

Chuckie drove the Cadillac and scared everyone into playing above their ability. Plus, Joey Galloway was on fire. (I picked him up week1 in my fantasy squad and he virtually carried me to the playoffs)
tyler

Both you guys put me right, and pointed out another underated player - Galloway was definitely a top 10 receiver last year.