PDA

View Full Version : Crazy rumor from Fox Sports

b bulldog
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
The Pats and Moss are not very close on a new contract and they are reporting that Jerry Jones could be interested in uniting Moss and Owens in Dallas.

Freak Out
02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
The Pats and Moss are not very close on a new contract and they are reporting that Jerry Jones could be interested in uniting Moss and Owens in Dallas.

Not surprising at all if true.

b bulldog
02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
They'll be this past years Patriots

The Shadow
02-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Not enough footballs.

b bulldog
02-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Watch the Boys get Moss and than swing the trade for McFadden. They would be a dream team

red
02-25-2008, 10:45 PM
pft i think it was was also saying rumors were going around that the cowboys wanted javon too

packers11
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
pft i think it was was also saying rumors were going around that the cowboys wanted javon too

There is no way that new stadium could fit those three egomaniacs... I think Jerry Jones has to build something a little bit bigger (maybe the size of Texas)...

denverYooper
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM

There is no way that new stadium could fit those three egomaniacs... I think Jerry Jones has to build something a little bit bigger (maybe the size of Texas)...

Yeah, and they'd be out a QB because Romo's head would explode from trying to figure out how to keep everyone happy.

GrnBay007
02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
uniting Moss and Owens in Dallas.

There is not a locker room in the NFL big enough for both of their heads!!

Fritz
02-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Jerry Jones owns that team like a fan would.

CaliforniaCheez
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Don't believe any rumor until after the draft. It's only agents talking.

This time of year agents spread wild rumors as salesmen of players without a team.

PackerPro42
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
If half these rumors are true, Jerry Jones will be 100 mil over the cap. The only plausible rumor would be them trading up in the first to get RUN DMC.

Freak Out
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM

This time of year agents spread wild rumors as salesmen of players without a team.

No shit?

Zool
02-27-2008, 07:43 AM

No shit?

YAY FOR FONT FUN!!!

cheesner
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, I just found out why Moss never came to GB in the first place:

They are still in denial, since I got the information weeks and sometimes days before local and national media got it. I feel partly responsible for the Moss deal falling through because ESPN immediately took what I posted and what Joe posted and made TV entertainment out of it just before the draft.

I do still have sources with information, however one is not in a position to give information anymore regarding the packers. I will see what I can dig up for you all, but I will not post anything which may hurt the organization.

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=9644&st=0

red
02-27-2008, 10:16 AM

They are still in denial, since I got the information weeks and sometimes days before local and national media got it. I feel partly responsible for the Moss deal falling through because ESPN immediately took what I posted and what Joe posted and made TV entertainment out of it just before the draft.

I do still have sources with information, however one is not in a position to give information anymore regarding the packers. I will see what I can dig up for you all, but I will not post anything which may hurt the organization.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

what a effing jerkoff

BlueBrewer
02-27-2008, 10:23 AM

Is this guy serious? :shock:

I guess I feel partly responsible for the war in Iraq because I told my buddy at the bar that they probably have WMDs hidden all over the place. The bartender overheard me and told his wife's second cousin's nephew who is in the CIA yada yada yada boom!!!!

Patler
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM

what a effing jerkoff

The funny thing is that some people probably actually believe comments like that.

I can see it now......the ESPN "boiler room" filled with fledgling reporters hunched over their computers, reading all the comments on fan sites 24 hours a day for all pro teams in all sports, trying to pick up inside information to report on their next newscast.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
02-27-2008, 11:52 AM

what a effing jerkoff

The funny thing is that some people probably actually believe comments like that.

I can see it now......the ESPN "boiler room" filled with fledgling reporters hunched over their computers, reading all the comments on fan sites 24 hours a day for all pro teams in all sports, trying to pick up inside information to report on their next newscast.

They have sophisticated bots that roam the internet using key words. :roll:

BTW, beat writers certainly do peruse boards. You'll find potrykus on badgernation.

They aren't using them to break stories, but more to find out what is on the fans minds. Then you'll see it addressed in a short blurb in the "notes" section or on their blog.

It certainly wasn't by accident that Todd Rosiak's story on Scott Christopherson broke just after the message boards were heatedly discussing a rumor that he was considering transferring.

Patler
02-27-2008, 12:03 PM

what a effing jerkoff

They have sophisticated bots that roam the internet using key words. :roll:

BTW, beat writers certainly do peruse boards. You'll find potrykus on badgernation.

They aren't using them to break stories, but more to find out what is on the fans minds. Then you'll see it addressed in a short blurb in the "notes" section or on their blog.

It certainly wasn't by accident that Todd Rosiak's story on Scott Christopherson broke just after the message boards were heatedly discussing a rumor that he was considering transferring.

I don't doubt that they peruse boards for the very reason you said, to get fan reaction and thinking. Many reporters openly admit it.

However, that was NOT what the post was about. It was supposedly ESPN getting inside information on the Moss situation from a fan board. That is absurd. There is absolutely no reliability of the source for that type of information. To think that ESPN would run with a story based on a fan site comment is ridiculous.

Guiness
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't doubt that they peruse boards for the very reason you said, to get fan reaction and thinking. Many reporters openly admit it.

However, that was NOT what the post was about. It was supposedly ESPN getting inside information on the Moss situation from a fan board. That is absurd. There is absolutely no reliability of the source for that type of information. To think that ESPN would run with a story based on a fan site comment is ridiculous.

I dunno Patler. Some of the people on this board who live near Lambeau field are more credible sources than what some of the programs must use. Hell, Tyronne Bigguns is a more credible source than ESPN must refer to sometimes!!!

Seriously though, I wouldn't doubt some of the reporters get their rumours from boards. Some of the stuff that flies around here is pretty close to the mark!!! Actually, that's not true so much anymore...TT runs a pretty tight ship, and keeps pretty much everyone guessing, I think.

PackerPro42
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I saw something today on ESPN that said Jerry Jones believes the NFL owners are going to turn down some type of contract proposal which in return would eliminate the salary cap in 2011. So maybe he's trying to buy everything up "cheap" before the players contracts go through the roof.

Patler
02-27-2008, 03:33 PM
The owners can "opt out" of the current CBA in November. It has been widely expected that they will, since the current CBA was almost a total concession to the union on several significant points. Basically the owners agreed to "live with it" for a few years, but indicated changes would have to be made.

Without a CBA the salary-cap will end. However, without a CBA the league simply may not continue to operate (although it could). Accordingly it is likely that a new CBA will be negotiated during the nearly 2 full seasons that will pass before the "opt out" takes full effect to end the agreement.