PDA

View Full Version : DL Shaun Rogers to the Broncos?

OKC PackerFan
02-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Broncos | Team expected to trade with Lions
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:27:13 -0800

The Rocky Mountain News reports the Denver Broncos are in deep discussions with the Detroit Lions about trading for DL Shaun Rogers. It is uncertain what the Broncos would give up in return for Rogers, but the deal is expected to be done as early as Monday, Feb. 25, or Tuesday, Feb. 26.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

What will they give up in return? Interesting.

ND72
02-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Do the Broncos have a OL, DL, LB, DB to trade to the Lions this year for him? (Dre Bly trade :lol: )

the_idle_threat
02-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Broncos | Team expected to trade with Lions
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:27:13 -0800

The Rocky Mountain News reports the Denver Broncos are in deep discussions with the Detroit Lions about trading for DL Shaun Rogers. It is uncertain what the Broncos would give up in return for Rogers, but the deal is expected to be done as early as Monday, Feb. 25, or Tuesday, Feb. 26.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

What will they give up in return? Interesting.

I don't think Terrell Davis is officially retired yet ... throw in Rod Smith, and it's a done deal! 8-)

KYPack
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
OK, Why does Matt "The Brain" Millen wanna get rid of Shaun Rogers? He's one of their best defensive players. He needs to shed, say, 15 pounds and doesn't always play hard, but you can coach him to do those things. He's right in the prime of his career.

Millen is so stupid, it's incredible.

Lurker64
02-26-2008, 10:57 AM
OK, Why does Matt "The Brain" Millen wanna get rid of Shaun Rogers? He's one of their best defensive players. He needs to shed, say, 15 pounds and doesn't always play hard, but you can coach him to do those things. He's right in the prime of his career.

Millen is so stupid, it's incredible.

I think that this might be a Marinelli motivated move, I can't imagine he and Rogers get along particularly well, as Marinelli is not unlike a drill sergeant and Rogers is historically a lazy bum a lot of the time.

Still, even if he only plays 40% of the downs, this move certainly isn't going to make the Lions vaunted defense any better.

Fritz
02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
If Millen doesn't getr at least a second rounder for Rogers, this will be another one of Matt Millen's boneheaded blunders. In the past I have posted his draft picks from round three on down, and if Millen's very consistent history of drafting dunderheads in later rounds continues, this trade would be one of the bigger talent giveaways of the past ten years.

If TT got a third or fourth for Rogers he might be able to find a player. If Millen gets a third or fourth for Rogers he might be able to find the next A.J. Davis.

b bulldog
02-26-2008, 10:12 PM
No chance they get a 2 for him imo.