PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Crop of Receivers

Deputy Nutz
02-26-2008, 08:37 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/combine/positions/wr.html

Really not all that great in terms of size and speed. Manningham ran a 4.6 forty. Not good.

vince
02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
ouch. So much for my theory on stealing Will Franklin at the bottom of the fourth round...

HarveyWallbangers
02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
JSO had an article about how the positions of strength in the draft (TE, OG, CB, RB) match up very well with the Packers weaknesses. If that's true, then I see Ted Thompson doing very little in FA.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-26-2008, 11:26 AM
ouch. So much for my theory on stealing Will Franklin at the bottom of the fourth round...

Why would we waste a 4th on a WR? We are set.

Bretsky
02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
JSO had an article about how the positions of strength in the draft (TE, OG, CB, RB) match up very well with the Packers weaknesses. If that's true, then I see Ted Thompson doing very little in FA.

Hey we're in complete agreement

Although TT doing nothing in free agency would have nothing to do with the draft :lol:

b bulldog
02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Why would you think that B?

Bretsky
02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Why would you think that B?

Stop trying to get me going :lol:
But I still have memories of last year
And the OG problems still continue to exist

b bulldog
02-26-2008, 07:33 PM
With the team being very close to where we all want them, TT SHOULD MAKE SOME MOVES.

Bretsky
02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
With the team being very close to where we all want them, TT SHOULD MAKE SOME MOVES.

I'd agree

Lurker64
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM

Other than moving up in the draft, what moves are there to make? We could probably pick up a FA OG, but other than that and moving up the draft, is there anything worth doing?

Looking at the list of available FAs, there really isn't anybody I want who wasn't resigned or Franchised.

run pMc
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Really not all that great in terms of size and speed. Manningham ran a 4.6 forty. Not good.

I somewhat disagree. Consider: Hardy is 6' 5" and ran a 4.51. The 40 shouldn't be the end-all stat, anyway. I'm not a huge fan of Manningham, but I read he did well in the route and catching drills. He'll run again at the UM pro day and get his time down.

I wouldn't call it a spectacular year for WR's...nobody jumps out as a top 5 pick. I do think there will be some value picks in the later rounds. JJ wasn't exactly timed as a burner in the 40.

Bretsky
02-27-2008, 06:48 PM

Other than moving up in the draft, what moves are there to make? We could probably pick up a FA OG, but other than that and moving up the draft, is there anything worth doing?

Looking at the list of available FAs, there really isn't anybody I want who wasn't resigned or Franchised.

The other OG from Indy