PDA

View Full Version : Javon may be cut

red
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
i just heard from one of my other sources (pft again) that walker could be cut soon

no one wants to trade for him and he's due a ton of money

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Walker Expected to Be Cut by Denver

ComcastSportsNet.com

The Eagles may be poised to pursue a veteran wide receiver.

An NFL source has told Comcast SportsNet’s Derrick Gunn that the Denver Broncos are likely to release unhappy wide receiver Javon Walker, who is due a $5.4 million roster bonus on March 4, and the Eagles are one of the teams interested in signing him.

Dissatisfied with his role in the Broncos’ offense, Walker (6-3, 215) has made it known that he wants out of Denver. Because Walker is still under contract, the Eagles are not permitted to comment.

After spending his first four seasons with Green Bay, the 29-year-old Walker played his last two with the Broncos. He had 69 receptions for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns in his first season in Denver but re-injured his right knee last season and underwent surgery. Walker returned but finished with 26 receptions for 287 yards and no touchdowns in eight games. He had 17 catches for 220 yards in Denver’s first two games before aggravating the injury.

Walker tore the ACL in the knee in the 2005 season opener and missed the rest of the season.

The Buccaneers and Redskins have also been mentioned in published reports as possible suitors for Walker.

MTPackerfan
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
too many concerns about his knee.

Merlin
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Walker got what he wanted and flopped. No way Green Bay even considers bringing him in. Let other teams waste the money. If he would have stayed in Green Bay and shut the hell up, who knows how good he may be today. He is becoming very quickly a never was with potential that is fading.

That's what happens when your ego gets ahead of your game, you always get your comeuppin's

GoPackGo
02-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Feb. 29 - 3:51 pm et

Broncos released WR Javon Walker, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

TT is a genius

Scott Campbell
02-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Feb. 29 - 3:51 pm et

Broncos released WR Javon Walker, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

TT is a genius

I don't see it on espn.