PDA

View Full Version : Gas up

Jimx29
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5258/0000gasoline4em.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Funny!

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I really need to trade in my truck.

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Did you guys read about how GM is offering capped gas at $1.99 for certain vehicles now? Basically, you keep track of what you spend in gas each month and they send you a gift card with the difference between $1.99 and what you actually spent on gas.

Shame on you, GM !!!

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Well I currently own a 2005 Ford F-150 Smoke grey.... Besides the point it is a ford so that dont matter to me unfortunaltly

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 11:07 PM
It's just a buying perk for those looking at buying new GM's, (mostly SUV and trucks) not for like existing owners or anything like that.

I wish my SUV got better gas mileage, too Mazzin. Probably gets a little better than your truck, but it's not fun to put $60 in to fill up.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Yea mine is a 27 gallon tank at 2.76 = 74.52. But i never let it get BONE dry so it takes like 60 to fill, i think i get like 14 miles a gallon. One ? GBM i know you are one of the "top dogs" here, How did you get your custom name liek Hottie Rat. (Dont wanna be a "hottie" rat) Just asking like is tehre a forumla or does someone just decide hey this person talks about fishing so they will be fishing rat??

Thanks in advanced

GBRulz
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
mazzin, that's a good question for Mad. He has standard ranks, but also, after people get to know your personality a bit, he will custom make a name for you.

$2.76 for gas/ dayum, that's "cheap" :)

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Cheap, where in the hell do you get gas and how much is it? Last week it was down to 2.56 but shot back up

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:24 PM
It was $2.56/gallon here yesterday. I saw it went up to $2.73/gallon today.

Mazzin
05-25-2006, 11:26 PM
What state Harv?

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Minnesota

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 06:10 AM
"Die Hard" was on the tube last night and in one scene you can see the cop Al gassin' up and looking at gunfire at the Nakatomi Bldg. Gas was $.74/gallon. That was 1988, the year I graduated college. Also, when I was a kid, soda pop from the machine was .$25, and came in bottles. How's about that you whipper snappers!

hurleyfan
05-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Here in NY, we finally have a few stations around that JUST went under $3.00 / gallon. 'Course Mobil is still about $0.15 higher!

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Cheap, where in the hell do you get gas and how much is it? Last week it was down to 2.56 but shot back up

Well, regular unleaded here is $2.89, it actually just came down a few cents. But I have to put premium in mine, which is $3.05/gal.

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 07:24 AM
"Die Hard" was on the tube last night and in one scene you can see the cop Al gassin' up and looking at gunfire at the Nakatomi Bldg. Gas was $.74/gallon. That was 1988, the year I graduated college. Also, when I was a kid, soda pop from the machine was .$25, and came in bottles. How's about that you whipper snappers!

OMG, ya know 1988 was not THAT long ago, either!!

About a month ago, I was cleaning out a closet at home, in which were my HS yearbooks in a box. So, of course I start reading through them. The Gulf War was during my senior year of HS and gas was so "expensive" then. I was reading this part of the yearbook where we write in comments about what things cost currently, etc. Gas in 1991 was "expensive" due to the Gulf War at $1.68/gal

Little Whiskey
05-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Well I currently own a 2005 Ford F-150 Smoke grey.... Besides the point it is a ford so that dont matter to me unfortunaltly

mazzin, you drive a truck, from the south, i bet you like nascar too??? if so stop in the race thread. if not, stop in anyhow and we'll get you hooked.

do you have a gun rack in that truck?? at 14mpg i'm going to guess is is a long box, 4x4? probably a quad cab?

i think your custom ranking should be "southern rat"

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
When I started driving in 1995, Gas was almost 1.15 a gallon.

Jimx29
05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Why, in MY day.........we had to pee in our tanks and hoped we drank enough booze to make the cars run...and we LIKED IT!!

GoPackGo
05-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I haven't been able to buy 87 octane gasoline for less than $3.10 in 2 months

Mazzin
05-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope sorry, I actually HATE nascar. I would rather watch paint dry than watch cars go in CIRCLES for HOURS on end, and than be called ATHLETES because of it. Truck drivers must be athletes than.

Secondly Yes it is a 4x4 smoke grey, quad cab, 5.4 liter V8 with flowmaster exhaust. No I don't hunt, just got the 4x4 because my boyfriends brother works at the dealership and suggested it. Also do like going mud bogging everynow and again. :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I am no Jim Rome fan, but he did come up with a damn funny name for nascar: neck car.

mraynrand
05-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Nope sorry, I actually HATE nascar. I would rather watch paint dry than watch cars go in CIRCLES for HOURS on end, and than be called ATHLETES because of it.

Not to be picky here, but they go around in OVALS, not CIRCLES. That's the kind of bone-headed mistake I'd expect from a NASCAR fan! (j/k)

Bretsky
05-27-2006, 09:23 AM
I find the greyhound races (which I don't really care for) more entertaining than Nascar

retailguy
05-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Gas has average $3.20 (87) for the past 2 months. My E420 takes premium. That's about $3.39.....

I can only dream of 2.56. I can only dream.

Mazzin, have you ever driven in a circle at 200 mph? I have, once reaching about 165, and I can assure you it was NOT boring.

And, NO, I'm not a Nascar fan either.

:mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
05-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Nope sorry, I actually HATE nascar. I would rather watch paint dry than watch cars go in CIRCLES for HOURS on end, and than be called ATHLETES because of it. Truck drivers must be athletes than.

Secondly Yes it is a 4x4 smoke grey, quad cab, 5.4 liter V8 with flowmaster exhaust. No I don't hunt, just got the 4x4 because my boyfriends brother works at the dealership and suggested it. Also do like going mud bogging everynow and again. :wink:

How's your bass'n skills??

so your boyfriend's bro suggested the truck and you listened, right? i'm suggesting nascar and you don't???? give it a chance. head over to the race thread and we (i guess i should say, I) can help you find a driver to root for. that is step one. by the way they don't always drive in circles (or ovals), twice a year they drive on a road course :mrgreen:

retailguy, ask j. gordon how exciting it is to drive 200mph into a corner. on sunday his brakes failed and headed into said corner. i but he was a little excited when his foot went to the floor!

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Some depressing gas facts:

1. The last time gas cost under $1 per gallon was March 1999.
2. Gas hit $3 a gallon for the first time in September 2005.
3. The last time gas cost under $2 a gallon was March 2005.
4. The highest average price of regular gas since 1995 was $3.07.
5. The lowest average price of regular gas since 1995 was $0.90.

1995.....the "good old days" lol

retailguy
05-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Some depressing gas facts:

1. The last time gas cost under $1 per gallon was March 1999.
2. Gas hit $3 a gallon for the first time in September 2005.
3. The last time gas cost under $2 a gallon was March 2005.
4. The highest average price of regular gas since 1995 was $3.07.
5. The lowest average price of regular gas since 1995 was $0.90.

1995.....the "good old days" lol

007, this is just the cost of "being green". The real issue is that we don't have the capacity to refine as much oil as there is demand for. This is a classic supply and demand issue. Nothing more.

If, we as a country, allow new refineries to be built, then supply will increase and prices will fall. If we fail to do that, and decide instead to conserve "needs", then demand will fall and prices will fall also.

If, we, as we have for the last 10 years fail to do anything, then, supply will shrink, demand will rise, and prices will rise further.

retailguy
05-30-2006, 11:14 AM
retailguy, ask j. gordon how exciting it is to drive 200mph into a corner. on sunday his brakes failed and headed into said corner. i but he was a little excited when his foot went to the floor!

Hmmm... Not entirely sure that "exciting" is the right word. I'd have to think that "terrifying" would get a few votes. I'll agree on the adrenaline rush, but I still don't think that's a positive thing..... :shock:

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I think I'll buy a hybrid...

retailguy
05-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I think I'll buy a hybrid...

As long as you don't "finance" that hybrid, it might work. Practically speaking, the money you save on fuel will be eaten up by the higher payment, and additional interest most likely leaving less disposable income in your wallet that if you had stuck with that "gas guzzler" you already own.

Also, consider, the maintenance costs on that new fangled complex hybrid after the warranty expires..... Oh, and what the dickens are we going to do with all those damn batteries when they don't work anymore? :wink:

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Ding Ding, Ding!!!

You've just hit on my biggest concern. I've heard that the are expected to last about 100,000 miles and that some of teh cells would be able to be repaired once they lose their ability to store energy, but what will we do with all those batteries??? As this car will be used and I will want to keep it for a long time, these are things that I am considering in making a decision (I also have to drive a few and see if I even like them). But gas prices do kind of sway the mind, don't they?

retailguy
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Ding Ding, Ding!!!

You've just hit on my biggest concern. I've heard that the are expected to last about 100,000 miles and that some of teh cells would be able to be repaired once they lose their ability to store energy, but what will we do with all those batteries??? As this car will be used and I will want to keep it for a long time, these are things that I am considering in making a decision (I also have to drive a few and see if I even like them). But gas prices do kind of sway the mind, don't they?

Well, they don't really sway my mind. I'm either really stupid, or all those econ classes sunk in more than I thought.

Quite honestly, I don't really care if gas gets to $7.00 a gallon, I'm still going to use my car for what I need/want to use it for.

Practically speaking, if fuel continues to rise, something else will fall, or income will have to rise. There is no other alternative. Joe six-pack only has so much money to spend (that describes all of us btw), and someone has got to buy all this junk they are importing from every corner of the globe. Those prices will have to fall.

But, really, I do want to know what is going to happen with all the batteries. My early prediction is that "green" artists will make sculptures with them, similar to the "abstract" sculptures made today with old rusty metal.... :wink:

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I wonder what they're made of, can they be broken down into component parts and recycled? I would imagine SOMEONE must have thought of this and it's not just you and I who are wondering about it...

I do think the hybrids are great for people who commute on freeways and end up in traffic jams a lot. No fumes. That's just not how I drive.

retailguy
05-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I wonder what they're made of, can they be broken down into component parts and recycled? I would imagine SOMEONE must have thought of this and it's not just you and I who are wondering about it...

I do think the hybrids are great for people who commute on freeways and end up in traffic jams a lot. No fumes. That's just not how I drive.

Well, that's me. I drive 40,000 miles a year, and I wouldn't own one of the damn things. Do you know that the Honda Accord hybrid gets FIVE miles to the gallon more than the gas accord? Any idea how long it would take to see a gas savings with that beast?

I watch these ads and just laugh. Now they have a full-size hybrid pickup truck. Yep, pullin the 5th wheel with that thing to save some fuel.... LMAO.

Hybrids have their place in the world. Unfortunately, like everything else, those that NEED them the most can't afford them.

Partial
05-30-2006, 05:06 PM
hoes down

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 05:29 PM
I don't think hybrids are the answer. The answer is the government requiring higher fuel efficient vehicles, period.

While my lease isn't up on my Pathfinder for 2 more years, I'm glad to see that some SUV makers (honda) are putting out higher fuel efficient vehicles. Although I can't totally complain about my Nissan SUV that gets about 20-21 on the hwy. It just sucks taking $60 to fill it up.

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
AT LEAST THE DIESEL PRICES AREN'T SKY HIGH THIS SUMMER. It would be nice if one politician actually cared about this. Bush is awol and what in the hell did the environmentalist Albert Gore do???? NOTHING!!!!

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 09:12 PM
busy with his movie about Global Warming

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 09:16 PM
i DRIVE A CREW CAB, DIESEL THAT GETS ME 22 ON HWY 51 :D

b bulldog
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Havwe you ever eaten at bent's Camp in L O'Lakes?

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
A couple friends stayed there and I went to visit about 5 years ago. Didn't eat there, but we had some drinks at the bar. It's pretty cool inside with their lodge look to it all, minus all the deer heads.

Little Whiskey
05-30-2006, 10:02 PM
A couple friends stayed there and I went to visit about 5 years ago. Didn't eat there, but we had some drinks at the bar. It's pretty cool inside with their lodge look to it all, minus all the deer heads.

come on GBM, what wrong with "deer heads"??

I was watching smoky and the bandit, and snowman filles up his rig and the the sale was just over 80 bucks!!!

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I just don't get into "decor" of dead animal carcasses !

A nice abstract art painting would look SO much nicer :wink:

Little Whiskey
05-31-2006, 12:31 PM
I just don't get into "decor" of dead animal carcasses !

A nice abstract art painting would look SO much nicer :wink:

they are called trophies, not carcasses!!