PDA

View Full Version : Your first thought when you read the BS Favre Retiring post.

PackerBlues
02-28-2008, 01:12 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favreretiresbullshit.jpg

First thought...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

followed closely by: "hmmmmm extra cap space." then "Damn, I hope Rogers is ready".

The Leaper
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Since it was a guy with 5 posts, I was skeptical immediately. I read about this "breaking news" being a replacement for the regular home page, so I checked packers.com...and lo and behold the regular home page was still there.

So I checked the ESPN and AP news areas. Nada.

I'm not going to believe ANYTHING at this point unless I hear the words coming straight from Favre's mouth.

red
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
i took it pretty well

i was like "huh, well thats that".

then i checked everyplace else real quick like espn, and nfl network. and they said nothing. so then i read the rest of the thread

Lurker64
02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I was sad, then I thought "well, it's not that much of a surprise", then I thought about what the team would look like with Rodgers at the helm, then I went to brush my teeth, then I took another look and was skeptical.

Noodle
02-28-2008, 01:38 PM
I fell for it, and I was surprised because the vibe I'm feeling is that there's no way he's retiring yet. Just no way.

But I was also ok with it. And I thought the Pack would likely be ok in the new era. I was not as depressed as I thought I would be. I think this means I'm a shallow SOB.

Deputy Nutz
02-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I thought, "What the fuck? The team is finally a serious contender and that motherfucker has just left us high and dry."

I am sorry and ashamed to admit this.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I thought - Wow his last pass is that dumb ass pick, great.....

The Leaper
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
I thought, "What the fuck? The team is finally a serious contender and that motherfucker has just left us high and dry."

I am sorry and ashamed to admit this.

Nothing to be sorry about.

Favre WOULD be an idiot to not come back for at least one more year at this point. Why would you stick around after going 4-12 only to drop out when your team now has a legitimate chance to get back to the Super Bowl and you are coming off your best season since your MVP years?

That is why we all are assuming he will return.

Merlin
02-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I figured it would have shown up ion the MSM instantly. However, saving a web page for a rainy day has me concerned. Never heard of anything that lame before. A template is one thing but a full page?

GrnBay007
02-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I walked off the job and went home to get the scoop. Now I'm fired.

:twisted:

...well, a person can dream.

Guiness
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I didn't have any thoughts...cause I'm just getting online now, and although that thread was at the top, it was the only one!

I suspect every thread on the front page here at PR would be about this if it was true!!!

AtlPackFan
02-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I was going to hunt down Mike Greenburg (or is it Greenberg) and ask him if he was happy now.

He was bitching on Mike and Mike this morning about how selfish Favre was for not letting the Packers know his decision, how it would hurt them in Free Agency and how it would hurt in their planning for the draft. I know it was just a talking head making noise for the sake of something to talk about but it was really irritating.

I wrote Mike and Mike and told Greenberg (or is it Greenburg) it was a non-issue. Thompson wasn't going to base his plans for free agency or the draft on whether or not Favre is coming back...he never has. I also stated that most Packer fans would rather hear that Favre is returning in July than hear that Rodgers is our QB today. I said that this wasn't a knock on Rodgers, just Packer nation hoping to watch a legend play for at least one more year.

Jimx29
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I thought shens, and then why in the hell am I reading something posted by a member who's had a whooping 6 posts here since joining almost 2 years ago?

Brando19
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I was at work on my break. I just stared at the screen and was stunned. I was ready for Brett to make a decision, but I wanted him to announce his return. Alot of guys I work with were very happy (Cowboys fans.)

Joemailman
02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I thought "WTF? What does Favre have against Joe Toledo?"

Freak Out
02-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I thought BS.

Scott Campbell
02-28-2008, 05:08 PM
I went looking for the inevitable "Ted Forced Brett Out" and "Ted's Secret Agenda" threads.

MJZiggy
02-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I wonder how many e-mails the website editor got this morning after they pulled it down and who got fired for it...?

b bulldog
02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
My first thought when I heard this was total shock

packinpatland
02-28-2008, 07:52 PM
I'll be honest..........my first reaction was 'HOLY SH*T'!!!!
Then I quickly 'regrouped' and thought..............we'll be OK.

Scott Campbell
02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I wonder how many e-mails the website editor got this morning after they pulled it down and who got fired for it...?

I dunno. Did they fire Donald Driver?

b bulldog
02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Mine was shock because I really think he'll be back

MJZiggy
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM

I dunno. Did they fire Donald Driver?

Doubtful, but thanks for reminding me of something.

MadtownPacker
02-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I was hell of stunned. The team is too good not to come back and will get even better this year.

Here's a conspiracy theory. Maybe TT told the them to do it to force Favre to make a decision?? :lol:

GBRulz
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I didn't see any of this until now, but I know it's not true because there would be multiple threads such as:

"Favre officially retires"
"Favre says decision was hard"
"Favre says he will miss football"
"Favre wonders life after football"
"Favre PC at 3pm today"
"Your comments on Favre's PC"
"Was it TT's fault for not communicating with Favre more in the off-season?"
"Will Rodgers be the starter?"
"POLL: Will TT bring in competition for Arod?"
"POLL: Will the Packers reach the SB without Favre?"
"POLL: Do we need another GD Favre retires thread?"

packers11
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I was in to much shock to believe it... I kept checking every single sports and news site... I didn't believe it at all, I kept thinking why now when they have a good chance at the SB... but as one poster said before me that sort of wrapped my feelings up "What the fuck? The team is finally a serious contender and that motherfucker has just left us high and dry."

It didn't make sense to me at all... Hes to young to retire :wink: :lol:

VegasPackFan
02-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I was at work. I threw my computer against the wall, smashing it to pieces. Then I beat a Bear fan co-worker into a bloody pulp with my keyboard when he started taunting me. This led to a very unfortunate police standoff situation.

Once we all found out it was fake, the situation diffused itself and I walked a free man - left to commit further atrocities in the future when it actually happens.

GrnBay007
02-29-2008, 06:46 AM
:lol: :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Since it was a guy with 5 posts, I was skeptical immediately. I read about this "breaking news" being a replacement for the regular home page, so I checked packers.com...and lo and behold the regular home page was still there.

So I checked the ESPN and AP news areas. Nada.

I'm not going to believe ANYTHING at this point unless I hear the words coming straight from Favre's mouth.The guy with 5 post sure got the most bang out for buck. The thread is tight, it actually happenened even though it was a screw up. Plus he got the jump on all of us with what will likely be the craziest thing to happen in a while. True or false it still added some excitement to the offseason.