PDA

View Full Version : Chargers cut star player

Brando19
02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the Chargers have cut Full Back Lorenzo Neal. This guy is 37 years old, but he's a stud. He'd probably want alot of money, but a one or two year deal would definitely help the Packers get over the hump.

Brando19
02-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I also found this from www.profootballtalk.com

The Rams have released veteran receiver Isaac Bruce, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Bruce was due to earn a $2 million roster bonus on Friday, and a $3 million base salary. Since 2008 was the final year of Bruce's contract, the Rams instantly save $5 million in salary cap space.

The Post-Dispatch also reports that defensive end James Hall could be released by the Rams, and that the Rams are expected to make a play for Redskins quarterback Todd Collins.

HarveyWallbangers
02-28-2008, 04:54 PM
No thanks on either guy.

Partial
02-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Sucks for Bruce. I am very surprised he didn't retire a Ram. I suspect he will if no one picks him up.

Scott Campbell
02-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I just heard on Sirius NFL Radio that the Chargers have cut Full Back Lorenzo Neal.

I'd prefer we stick with the youth movement and go with someone younger like William Henderson.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd take Isaac Bruce over Ruvell in a heartbeat. If he didn't ask for too much cash.

Sef0r
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Lets be realistic here, neither player will help us. Our FBs will be more experienced next season, Neal would have to learn the playbook from power to zone blocking. Isaac Bruce? No thanks, Ruvell gets it done in my opinion.

And seriously, these guys wont sell their services to anyone for cheap.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Lets be realistic here, neither player will help us. Our FBs will be more experienced next season, Neal would have to learn the playbook from power to zone blocking. Isaac Bruce? No thanks, Ruvell gets it done in my opinion.

And seriously, these guys wont sell their services to anyone for cheap.

Cheap..most likely you are right, but who knows..perhaps Bruce wants another shot at a ring.

Ruvell gets it done. Get a grip. Bruce had twice as many catches. I'll take the matchup problem he would create against a 5th db anyday.

red
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
the fb would come pretty cheap, and i wouldn't mind an upgrade at that position.

but neal is just so damn old

find a good young guy and give him a shot

The Leaper
02-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Bruce could still be a starter on some teams...and is no worst than a #3 WR on most teams. He certainly wouldn't consider coming to a team like Green Bay that is loaded at WR. He's old...if he isn't going to play, he may as well hang them up.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Bruce could still be a starter on some teams...and is no worst than a #3 WR on most teams. He certainly wouldn't consider coming to a team like Green Bay that is loaded at WR. He's old...if he isn't going to play, he may as well hang them up.

I think you over rating him a tad. He only played in 14 games..started 12. His ypc is in the 13s..and he hasn't caught 5 tds in 4 years.

Going to be 36 in November. I don't see many teams wanting that as a starter...not young team on the rise nor good teams...all bets are off if we are talking bears.

His specialty use to be turning short routes into long gains..not doing that anymore.

He is a 3rd receiver, but with our spread offense he'd see plenty of time on the field. Heck, ruvell caught over 20.

I don't think it is likely, but if we paid him decently and he thought he could win another championship he might come. But, he did turn down 3 mill from the rams..a 2 million cut in pay. Like always..roster bonus that a team didn't wanna pay.

He has really nothing else to play for..he is either a HOF or he isn't..starter or not at this stage ain't gonna put him in...but, more playoff yardage/performance always sways voters.

I see him most likely going to the boys, 49ers, or chargers.