PDA

View Full Version : Tender Offers?

sepporepi
02-29-2008, 04:34 AM
Did we tender Cole, Morency or anybody else?

Bossman641
02-29-2008, 05:58 AM
According to an article over at JS, second-round tender on Cole and the low tender on Morency.

Scott Campbell
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Solid moves.

Bretsky
02-29-2008, 08:43 AM
No big surprises

Tendering Cole at a 2nd rounder takes him off the market. We're probably overpaying for him here, but we had to keep him out of free agency with CWilliams gone. If anybody wants to give up their 2nd for Colin Cole TT will do jumping jacks

I think we tendered Morency where we'd get a 3rd round pick; it would really surprise me if any team would jump at this either. We have the cap space; like Cole I bet TT would gladly take the pick or these guys will come into GB to compete.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Yep they are both good moves. You lose nothing by doing this.

Does anyone know whats going on with Grant and Bigby? I understand their ER free agents, so does that mean we don't even need to offer them contracts?

Patler
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Yep they are both good moves. You lose nothing by doing this.

Does anyone know whats going on with Grant and Bigby? I understand their ER free agents, so does that mean we don't even need to offer them contracts?

They have to be tendered at least a minimum wage contract on or before March 1.

HarveyWallbangers
02-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I think we tendered Morency where we'd get a 3rd round pick; it would really surprise me if any team would jump at this either. We have the cap space; like Cole I bet TT would gladly take the pick or these guys will come into GB to compete.

Just to clarify, we gave Morency the lowest tender--which gives you a pick in the round in which the player was originally drafted (which happens to be a 3rd rounder for Morency). The tender for Morency is around 900K. For Cole, the tender is round $1.4K. Not bad. It won't cost anything to cut Morency later. I imagine there's a good chance that Cole remains on the roster this year.

Patler
02-29-2008, 09:43 AM

Just to clarify, we gave Morency the lowest tender--which gives you a pick in the round in which the player was originally drafted (which happens to be a 3rd rounder for Morency). The tender for Morency is around 900K. For Cole, the tender is round $1.4K. Not bad. It won't cost anything to cut Morency later. I imagine there's a good chance that Cole remains on the roster this year.

Since we are clarifying.... :lol: ...Morrency's tender is actually the second level. The lowest tender is a right of first refusal only, no compensation.