PDA

View Full Version : How many games are they gonna win?

Harlan Huckleby
05-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I see the Packers winning between 6 and 8 games this year.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Right now, I'd say 7-9, but it could be higher. Ask me again in mid-August.

Reasons for an increase: Defense looks improved. WR and RB should be better. OL could be better. All that should help Favre out. Schedule looks pretty manageable.

Joemailman
05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Somewhere between 6 and 9 wins. Have to see how the RB and OG positions look in pre-season before making a real prediction.

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Reasons for optimism:

QB Favre should be better because his skill position players, hopefully, will be healthy.
RB Green & Davenport missed more than 1/2 the season. Gado could be improved. No more Noah Herron.
WR Depth is better.
TE Bubba should be healthy.
OL Colledge could be a nice improvement. Perhaps, Wells and Coston will be also. Clifton might rebound from the penalties last year.
DL Still a lot of young guys who could improve.
LB Should be much improved.
CB Woodson could be a huge upgrade.
S Manuel might be an upgrade. Collins should be better.

chain_gang
05-25-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll go with 10, flat out 10-6. I just think with the schedule, that they improved their D, also they don't play many prolific offenses this year. Their "D" should be capable of winning a defensive standoff.

RashanGary
05-26-2006, 12:41 AM
7 games

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 02:11 AM
8-10 games if the OL comes through.

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 02:52 AM
The schedule is win friendly.

If we can start well, we'll win 11.

If we go 0-2. We'll struggle to win 8. The key is to beat Chicago in game 1.

son of a vic
05-26-2006, 06:57 AM
To make a prediction before any pre-season games have been played , is a waste of time. I want to see if McCarthy can manage the game, and how some of the new players are coming along, before I throw a number out there. This isn't negativety, it's common sense.

Fritz
05-26-2006, 06:59 AM
"Somewhere between 6 and 9 wins."

I'm gonna say it'll be somewhere between three and twelve wins.

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 06:59 AM
9 wins

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm thinking we're good for at least 7-8 wins.

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 07:38 AM
10-6 lose first round of playoffs.

Badgepack
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
10-6

NFC North Champs

GBRulz
05-26-2006, 08:15 AM
"first round playoff loss"

oh gosh, Brewer...that brings back painful memories of the Sherman era!! :cry:

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 08:23 AM
To make a prediction before any pre-season games have been played , is a waste of time. (...)This isn't negativety, it's common sense.

You are so right, but, I cannot imagine it being any fun being you. If I were afraid of making an idiot out of myself, I'd have to stop posting altogether, since I always manage that feat! Vic, I never liked your posting style at JSO, and I think you've taken your level down two notches.

A lot of people said they missed having you around. I never did.

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Yes, SOV, that was a personal attack. I know how to differentiate, and I did that purposely.

mngolf19
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
10-6

NFC North Champs

Badge, I don't think 10-6 will win the North this year. Close, but no. I think there is a great unknown for all teams in the North this year. 3 new coaches, with new systems and schemes. Very hard to predict in their first year. And the Bears seem to have a hard time sustaining more than 1 year at a time. So I guess my range will be pretty broad, Packers win 5-9 games. Better than last year, but.

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 09:26 AM
81-81, the team is still to young to be considered anything but a .500 ball club. In a couple of years if they can keep the youth together and stay healthy, this might be a playoff team.

Rastak
05-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Yes, SOV, that was a personal attack. I know how to differentiate, and I did that purposely.

He is right though Tarlam. As mngold also mentioned, with three new coaching staffs in the north I don't even want to venture a guess until week 3 of the preseason ends.

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM
He is right though Tarlam.

Yah, I conceded that. See my first post.

Still, I'm glad I'm not him.

Anyway, I just wish he'd go root for a different team.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Sure, I'll play your game. Here's what I guess...

Sep 10 Chicago W
Sep 17 New Orleans W
Sep 24 @Detroit L
Oct 2 @Philadelphia L
Oct 8 St. Louis W
Oct 22 @Miami L
Oct 29 Arizona L
Nov 5 @Buffalo W
Nov 12 @Minnesota L
Nov 19 New England L
Nov 27 @Seattle L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets W
Dec 10 @San Francisco W
Dec 17 Detroit W
Dec 21 Minnesota W
Dec 31 @Chicago W

9-7. Strong finish, but loss of the NFC North to the Vikes and no playoffs. The NFC will be a dogfight this year with so many new coaches and new systems.

tyler

wist43
05-26-2006, 10:04 AM
One game either way of 7-9.

Yes they have an easy schedule, but McCarthy is going to have some growing pains; the defense is running the same system, and the defensive talent level has been improved, but Sanders is a rookie coord - how is he going to react? what kind of game is he going to call?

Then there is the new zone blocking scheme, and 3 unproven interior offensive linemen; no true #1 receiver, injury questions at RB...

Clearly, there are obstacles to overcome.

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 10:13 AM
To make a prediction before any pre-season games have been played , is a waste of time. I want to see if McCarthy can manage the game, and how some of the new players are coming along, before I throw a number out there. This isn't negativety, it's common sense.

It's really just your opinion, that's all. You might not get much better a sense of this team during the preseason either. Given the new staff, schemes, number of young players, it seems as though this team will take some time to figure out.

But you may be right. If you wait until the night before the first game, you're liable to know a lot more about who has recovered from injuries, if Favre is in good shape, etc. etc. Still, the point of this thread is tho see what people think at this point in the off-season. Maybe a waste of time, but couldn't you say that about this entire site, pro football, and all sports in general. Video games are a 'waste of time' but some people like them. Same for collectable crystal figurines or PEZ dispensers, but some people still collect them.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 10:19 AM

It's really just your opinion, that's all. You might not get much better a sense of this team during the preseason either. Given the new staff, schemes, number of young players, it seems as though this team will take some time to figure out.

But you may be right. If you wait until the night before the first game, you're liable to know a lot more about who has recovered from injuries, if Favre is in good shape, etc. etc. Still, the point of this thread is tho see what people think at this point in the off-season. Maybe a waste of time, but couldn't you say that about this entire site, pro football, and all sports in general. Video games are a 'waste of time' but some people like them. Same for collectable crystal figurines or PEZ dispensers, but some people still collect them.

Hey, one of the attorneys I work with collects PEZ dispensers. Has them all over her office. What a small world. :D

Great point mraynrand. All of this is entertainment--even the sport of NFL. It is entertainment, just as the Roman Gladiators were in ancient times. Diverts our attention from the shittiness of the world around us. There's no substance to this stuff, so you might as well just play along.

Like my 9-7 prediction will come true. In actuality, they'll probably be closer to wist's prediction of 7-9. But it really doesn't matter right now. It's fun to participate, throw your voice into the discussion.

tyler

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey, one of the attorneys I work with collects PEZ dispensers. Has them all over her office. What a small world. :D

There has to be a consistent personality type or 'pathology' associated with those who collect PEZ dispensers!

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 11:00 AM

There has to be a consistent personality type or 'pathology' associated with those who collect PEZ dispensers!

I'll see if I can come up with a profile for her personality type. Perhaps we can rid the world of these sugar-addicted, plastic-dispenser hording fiends once and for all. They are evil, I tell you. Evil.

I'm perfectly sane. Everyone one else is insane, however, and trying to steal my magic bag.

tyler

BlueBrewer
05-26-2006, 12:09 PM
"first round playoff loss"

oh gosh, Brewer...that brings back painful memories of the Sherman era!! :cry:
I know I was at the last playoff game, with the Randy Moss Incident. I think I had 15 red bull shots at Anduzzi's after the game. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep.

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 12:20 PM
So who is gonna be the first homer to say 16-0?

You out there Tex? :razz:

son of a vic
05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
So to review, Ya'll are making realistic predictions, on a topic that is unrealistic, due to the fact that nobody really knows what going to happen. So why not just say this years team will make us forget about the 72' Dolphins, and win the next 6 Super Bowls, because if it's just for shits and giggles, dream big, my" Kool-aid Kolleagues."

MadtownPacker
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
So to review, Ya'll are making realistic predictions, on a topic that is unrealistic, due to the fact that nobody really knows what going to happen. So why not just say this years team will make us forget about the 72' Dolphins, and win the next 6 Super Bowls, because if it's just for shits and giggles, dream big, my" Kool-aid Kolleagues."

Cmon Vic, quit being a crying lil bitch. Just like you told GBM, if you dont like a topic dont respond.

In other words, take your own advice homeboy! Or have fun like everyone else.

Tarlam!
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
So to review(...)

No, my review looks a little different. Mine is this:

1. You are a condascending person.
2. You are afraid to make a prediction.
3. You disguise your raves as "realism"
4. You incite the worst emotions in me.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 12:41 PM

It's called "absence of real NFL/Packer news to talk about". Many of these threads are unrealistic, with progs taking shots at what's going to happen, either at a franchise, team or player level, in 2006.

And, to say that ANY team can go 16-0 would be beyond Kool-Aid lunacy. I don't think that's possible again with league parity.

Come on, Vic. You know you want to play. :D

tyler

AtlPackFan
05-26-2006, 01:46 PM
8-8, 5-3 at home, 3-5 away. No playoffs but will it be enough to entice Favre back for one more year??? :wink:

SD GB fan
05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Sep 10 Chicago L (at this point, ill hafta say bears are better)
Sep 17 New Orleans W
Sep 24 @Detroit L
Oct 2 @Philadelphia L
Oct 8 St. Louis W
Oct 22 @Miami L
Oct 29 Arizona L
Nov 5 @Buffalo L
Nov 12 @Minnesota W
Nov 19 New England L
Nov 27 @Seattle L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets W
Dec 10 @San Francisco W
Dec 17 Detroit W
Dec 21 Minnesota L
Dec 31 @Chicago W

7-9 with packers making progress second half of the season. this is bound to change after training camp.

as for favre, if he comes bak next year, awesome. if not...thats okay let rodgers take center stage and see what he got.

swede
05-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the cut and paste format Jack Smirk Revenge. It saved me some serious hunt and pecking, buddy!

9 - 7

Sep 10 Chicago W
Sep 17 New Orleans W
Sep 24 @Detroit L
Oct 2 @Philadelphia L
Oct 8 St. Louis W
Oct 22 @Miami L
Oct 29 Arizona L
Nov 5 @Buffalo W
Nov 12 @Minnesota L
Nov 19 New England L
Nov 27 @Seattle L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets W
Dec 10 @San Francisco W
Dec 17 Detroit W
Dec 21 Minnesota W
Dec 31 @Chicago W

Good Lord, Jack. I pasted this with the honest intention of changing the games I disagreed with. Frankly, I think you nailed it. Until I have something more to go on-- perhaps our offense will stink instead of being average, let's say --this looks like a very reasonable prognostication.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-27-2006, 12:33 AM
I predicted 14-2 last year, so I will prediict 2-14 this year. I was terribly wrong last year so I could be terribly wrong this year, too.

In my heart, I want Pack to go 14-2. In my mind, I can see 2-14. All because of Ted Thompson, unfortunately.

MadtownPacker
05-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Damn, APB was our best chance at someone predicting 16-0.

Well SOV still hasn't made his prediction so there is still hope! :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
05-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Why do so many people think we're gonna lose to Detroit? They don't have a franchise QB, the players are already whining to the league about their workload and their OC is a raving egomaniac who doesn't listen to anyone? (He is very good though, from what I hear).

SOV, we are not curing cancer here, to consider anything we're doing here to be "a waste of time" is indicative of the fact that you don't realize that WE'RE JUST DOING THIS FOR FUN!!! Toss out a prediction and the likelihood of anyone even remembering what you said is very small. It's your chance to toss off some optimism for God's sakes. Geez. Lighten up.

Teddies W
NO W
Det W!!
Philly L
St. L L
Miami L
Ariz. W
Buffalo W
Minny W
NE L
Seattle L
Jets W
SF W
Det W
Minny L
Chic W

There you have it. Samkon will shine. Jennings will step up. Driver will go to the Pro Bowl yet again, yes all will be sunshine and daisies (ok, frozen daisies, but still).

Chubbyhubby
05-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Why do so many people think we're gonna lose to Detroit? They don't have a franchise QB, the players are already whining to the league about their workload and their OC is a raving egomaniac who doesn't listen to anyone? (He is very good though, from what I hear).

SOV, we are not curing cancer here, to consider anything we're doing here to be "a waste of time" is indicative of the fact that you don't realize that WE'RE JUST DOING THIS FOR FUN!!! Toss out a prediction and the likelihood of anyone even remembering what you said is very small. It's your chance to toss off some optimism for God's sakes. Geez. Lighten up.

Teddies W
NO W
Det W!!
Philly L
St. L L
Miami L
Ariz. W
Buffalo W
Minny W
NE L
Seattle L
Jets W
SF W
Det W
Minny L
Chic W

There you have it. Samkon will shine. Jennings will step up. Driver will go to the Pro Bowl yet again, yes all will be sun
shine and daisies (ok, frozen daisies, but still).

My prediction is 9-7 with the results as follows:

Chicago W
NO W
Detroit W
Philidelphia L
St Louis W
Miami L
Arizona L
Buffalo L
Minnesota W
New England L
Seattle L
Jets W
San Fransico W
Detroit L
Minnesota L
Chicago L

retailguy
05-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I won't be surprised with 11-5 or 5-11. Last season would have been different had the OL jelled (never happened), or lack of injuries. (Yah, I've heard the Bellichek comparisons - please spare me).

Quite honestly, I see improvement on paper, then again, I saw improvement on paper with the Vikings and look what happened there....

I'm just not convinced with M3. I like some of the things he's done, but, some things worry me. I don't doubt his commitment, but I do doubt his experience. Jags, his inexperience scares me. 2 years in training and he's ready to implement? Whoo. I've "practiced" my craft for 15 years. I still don't consider myself an expert, but many of my clients do.

If Jags is real and the OL can keep Favre upright, I think there is enough talent to make a run at a wild card. If Jags flops, well we're doomed.

Defense should improve, but last year we thought they'd suck and they did well. The offense should have lit it up, and it died. Why bother? Lets just sell merchandise and forfeit....

My best guess, and Vic, I'm not afraid to be wrong - 6-10.

Tarlam - don't waste your breath, it just makes Vic HOT and EXCITED when you disagree with him. Truthfully, I feel very sorry for the Mrs. Vic. It can't be easy to live with him.

GrnBay007
05-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm taking 12-4, but for sure 11-5. :D

retailguy
05-27-2006, 08:48 PM

Tank? No.... Say it isn't so. :wink:

GrnBay007
05-27-2006, 08:52 PM

LOL just me baby.....watch and see!! :razz:

retailguy
05-27-2006, 08:56 PM

I'll be watchin', that's for sure. I'm just wonderin' what you're drinkin', dat's all.... :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
05-27-2006, 09:01 PM

I'll be watchin', that's for sure. I'm just wonderin' what you're drinkin', dat's all.... :mrgreen:

well, it ain't green....lol but that's besides the point. gotta believe!!

retailguy
05-27-2006, 09:03 PM
well, it ain't green....lol but that's besides the point. gotta believe!!

Start clicking your heels together now because you're going to need all the help you can get. :wink: :oops:

GrnBay007
05-27-2006, 09:05 PM
I'll click my heels as long as you eat your words. lol :razz:

retailguy
05-27-2006, 09:07 PM

I'm not sure that I'd mind that, you know? What do I really have to lose? I think I'd be eating crow for something pretty good, you know?

Seriously, what do you pin your hopes on? The OL? The D? Favre? Just really curious...

GrnBay007
05-27-2006, 09:19 PM

I'm not sure that I'd mind that, you know? What do I really have to lose? I think I'd be eating crow for something pretty good, you know?

Seriously, what do you pin your hopes on? The OL? The D? Favre? Just really curious...

The D
Favre - back on track
I think Jennings is going to shine
Green makes a HUGE comeback w/ Gado to boost

Joemailman
05-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Everything hinges on the offensive line. The defense should be very solid. On offense, the receiver situation, while not great, is good enough if supported by a sound running game. The most important thing to watch in pre-season will be whether the first-team offense can run the ball. If so, that will give this team a needed dose of self confidence. If not, things will look a lot like last year.

Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2006, 10:56 PM
i agree mailman. Especially since we are shooting for a decent season, not a playoff run. If the offensive line can come through, the team can be respectable. We need more big time play makers for serious super bowl contention. Baby steps.

Harlan Huckleby
05-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I think Jennings is going to shine

It is possible.

Javon Walker was lost as rookie.
Sterling Sharpe was dissappointing with extreme dropsies.

It is just so rare for rookie recievers to excel, even the best ones. But hell, there is hope, and I can't blame you for latching on.

oregonpackfan
05-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Everything hinges on the offensive line.

I agree 100% with this statement. Without a good offensive line, you have no running game. Without a good offensive line, you have no passing game.

Though I always want the Packers to win as many games aspossible, I think 8-9 wins is more realistic.

GBRulz
05-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Even with pieces all coming together, another important part is the kicking game. There is no doubt that some of our games will come down to a FG and with our unproven kicker, we really have no idea what to expect there, either.

Yes, I believe our team has improved quite a bit, but so have division rivals. Final guess on the season at this point 9-7

MJZiggy
05-28-2006, 09:07 AM
We have a kicker? :roll:

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Well am new to this forum and my first post is going to be a prediction.

Lets see, am going to say 12-4

Now I know some people are probably going to disagree, but this is why:

Three reasons:
1) I think the D was very good last year and only got better with woodson and hawk. (besides how many offense first teams have won the super bowl in the last couple years. Defense wins!!

2) believe it or - Fergie. This guy is not as bad as people think and I’m welling to bet that he’s are #2 this year and gets at least 800 yards receiving. Add that with 1200 years from driver and I think are receivers are not going to be that bad.

3) Godo/Green and ZBS. Being honest here I think are o-line will not be that good. But I do think Godo and green will excel in are ZBS and we will have a decent run game.

All in all, I say the D is top 5 and the offense is top 15.

Tarlam!
05-28-2006, 02:27 PM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM MD!!! Hope you have fun around here!

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey thanks Tarlem. I look forward to chatting with you and the rest of the packer faithful

MJZiggy
05-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey MD, Welcome. You're not too far from my prediction, though I'm not predicting those wonderful things for Fergie. One can always hope! :razz:

GrnBay007
05-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forum MD. Great prediction! :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
05-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, MD, I'm sure you'll get both supporters and people who'll call you whacky with a 12-4!

I don't have as much faith as you in Fergie, but, he had better step up.

I agree whole heartedly on your assessment of the defense, though I would add Hogde to the mix and a youthening at DT to bolster your thoughts.

I am confident that the Green will do well, I am waiting on Gado to see if he gets the ZBS, cause as of now reports have him struggling. I think Colledge will do far better than most rooks and I'm hoping this is Coston's year, or Klemm does better inside with this scheme. He was benched last year 'cause he couldn't pull. People forget that, and, they also ignore he's actually a Tackle, but in the ZBS, he might just surprise.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Thank you all for welcoming me.

Good points Tarlem. I should have added hodge and also another big signing this offseason in pickett. I really beleive that each level of our defense is Improved over last season.

O yes if you guys have not noticed yet i am a tt supporter.

GrnBay007
05-28-2006, 03:06 PM
O yes if you guys have not noticed yet i am a tt supporter.

Good deal! You and Tank should have a fun time bonding! :twisted:

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Am assuming this tank guy does not like TT. And let me guess he’s probably even mad that Sherman (who was taking us no were fast) got fired. He’s probably also mad that TT cut Whale and didn’t resign Rivera (Both of which he had to do b/c of cap problem that guess who put us in)

What people got to understand is that Sherman was and very horrible GM. For god shake he traded up to get a bad punter lol. TT is doing the right thing and people well see that in a couple years when his draftees become pro bowlers.

GrnBay007
05-28-2006, 03:31 PM
OK.........here is the tally so far. (your welcome HH :razz: )

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

10-6
BlueBrewer
Bdgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge

8-8
AtlPackfan

7-9
SDGBfan
NickCollins

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit :razz: and gave some in between numbers.

Madtown - 8-10 wins
Tarlam - 11 wins IF they start well
Harvey - 7-9 wins
GBMichele - 7-8 wins
Wist - one game either way 7-9
Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
MNgolf19 5-9 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

SOV - waste of time to predict.

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2006, 03:46 PM
people are pretty realistic in their predictions. Except for a couple of nut jobs out there on the 12-4 fringe.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 03:48 PM
hey GrnBay007,

do you know were i can get a cool picture.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Welcome PaCkFan_n_MD,

Glad you support TT. He is building the house with a solid foundation. Let me know if you have any questions or need help with your avatar.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 03:54 PM
HH,

we'll see who the nut job is when we win 11-12 games. Don't forget were in the weakest divison in the NFC.

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-28-2006, 03:56 PM
yes Madtown packer can you please help me.

GrnBay007
05-28-2006, 03:58 PM
people are pretty realistic in their predictions. Except for a couple of nut jobs out there on the 12-4 fringe.

Ha Ha...feeling insure already???

GrnBay007
05-28-2006, 03:59 PM
PaCkFan_n_MD
let these guys know what you would like for an avatar and I'm sure they will help u out.

MadtownPacker
05-28-2006, 03:59 PM
yes Madtown packer can you please help me.I just sent you a PM. You can access it by clicking on the links bar at the top of the forum.

packrulz
05-28-2006, 05:03 PM
I agree with PaCK Fan, I think Free was gunshy because of that clothesline tackle, he should have a good year.
Sep 10 Chicago 4:15pm L ( I hope Brett don't get hurt).
Sep 17 New Orleans 1:00pm W
Sep 24 @Detroit 1:00pm W
Oct 2 @Philadelphia 8:30pm L
Oct 8 St. Louis 1:00pm W
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Miami 1:00pm W
Oct 29 Arizona 1:00pm W
Nov 5 @Buffalo 1:00pm W
Nov 12 @Minnesota 1:00pm L
Nov 19 New England 1:00pm L
Nov 27 @Seattle 8:30pm L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm W
Dec 10 @San Francisco 4:05pm W
Dec 17 Detroit 1:00pm W
Dec 21 Minnesota 8:00pm W
Dec 31 @Chicago 1:00pm L

10-6

motife
05-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I'll give you my estimate, but first tell me if you think the 2006 Packers could beat this team. (P.S. remember, they'll be without "Fightin'" Bob Harlan this year) :

RB's : Tony Fisher, Reshard Lee, Nick Luchey
QB : Craig Nall
WR : Javon Walker, Antonio Chatman, Andrae Thurman, Terrance Murphy
OL : Mike Flanagan, Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera, Gary Ruegamer, Matt O'Dwyer

DL : Grady Jackson, James Lee, Cletidus Hunt, Vonnie Holliday
LB : Na'il Diggs, Robert Thomas, Paris Lenon, Hunter Hillenmeyer
DB's : Earl Little, Tony Franz, Mike McKenzie, Marcus Anderson, Bhawoh Jue

K : Ryan Longwell
P : Josh Bidwell

Harlan Huckleby
05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
that's a pretty rag-tag alumni team you've assembled there, Motife.

Maybe we can beef it up a little. Darrin Sharper at safety. Matt Bowen is another NFL starter. Scotty Vines is a little better than a couple of those guys at WR. Guess we might find Aaron Brooks & Hunter Hillenmeyer of some use.

Huh. Slim pickens. I think the alumni would get rolled.

motife
05-29-2006, 05:29 AM
that's a pretty rag-tag alumni team you've assembled there, Motife.

Maybe we can beef it up a little. Darrin Sharper at safety. Matt Bowen is another NFL starter. Scotty Vines is a little better than a couple of those guys at WR. Guess we might find Aaron Brooks & Hunter Hillenmeyer of some use.

Huh. Slim pickens. I think the alumni would get rolled.

Hi Harlan,

How could I forget Darren Sharper? My feverish fingers were typing too fast over my tongue in cheek question. Actually, it had been on my mind for quite a while, and your thread seemed the perfect venue.

Matt Bowen started for the Redskins, and is listed as starter for the Bills with Troy Vincent, but I imagine Dunte Whitner will beat him out sooner rather than later.

The pickin's are especially slim at the DL slot.

Here's what I looked like while I type something and post it too quick :

http://images.art.com/images/-/The-Shining---Jack-Nicholson-Poster-C11790189.jpeg

Highly Favored
05-29-2006, 04:02 PM
we'll go undefeated in div (still terrible imho and we know how well bears did yr after going 13-3) and .500 in other games... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
05-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the site Highly Favored. Nice confidence. I like it.

Highly Favored
05-29-2006, 04:19 PM
thanks buddy

KYPack
05-30-2006, 08:47 AM
I predicted 14-2 last year, so I will prediict 2-14 this year. I was terribly wrong last year so I could be terribly wrong this year, too.

In my heart, I want Pack to go 14-2. In my mind, I can see 2-14. All because of Ted Thompson, unfortunately.

Well Tank, I'll extend the olive branch.

You had the guts to admit one of your many mistakes.

Your prediction of a 14 - 2 season last year was just one in a string of many foolish statements/predictions by the Tanker.

Most of the time, you ignore your legacy of shame, and go on shooting off your mouth. It is progress to admit your previous "sins".

I realize the problems with predictions this early. You really have nothing to go on.

But I wanna play, too.

8-8. a 100% improvement in the win column and the start of the turnaround to the Super Bowl.

mngolf19
05-30-2006, 12:25 PM
The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit :razz: and gave some in between numbers.

Madtown - 8-10 wins
Harvey - 7-9 wins
GBMichele - 7-8 wins
Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
MNgolf19 5-9 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

I'm not afraid to commit, 007. :wink:

CaptainKickass
05-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Sitting at work drinkin' some Kool Aid, wearing the Green and Gold sunglasses reading this post makes me want to chime in with a bold prediction:

"11-5"

Furthermore - all 3 backs (Green, Gado and Davenpizzle)average more than 3.5 yards per carry for the season. Favre throws 30 TD's and only 16 or less INT's.

Bubba makes it to the Pro-Bowl again, and Woodson, Harris, Collins and Manuel each have a minimum 1 int or fumble / fumble recovery.

:mrgreen:

retailguy
05-30-2006, 12:54 PM
thanks buddy

Buddy? She's a "buddette" I'd guess.... :wink:

Good to have you around Highly Favored.....

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Updated list:

16-0
billy_oliver

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

11-5
HighlyFavored
CaptainKickAss

10-6
BlueBrewer
Bdgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge
GBMichele

8-8
AtlPackfan
KyPack

7-9
SDGBfan
NickCollins
Harvey
mngolf19 (after being pressured) :wink:

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit and gave some in between numbers. :razz:

Madtown - 8-10 wins
Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

I'm not afraid to commit, 007. :wink:

Sorry mngolf, but according to our list, you (4 games either way) are one of the more un-committing (not that that's a word, but u know) :razz:

swede
05-30-2006, 03:31 PM
... Woodson, Harris, Collins and Manuel each have a minimum 1 int or fumble / fumble recovery.

:mrgreen:

I have Woodson penciled in for five TD's from both sides of the ball!

At the end of the season anything north of 8-8 I would probably consider a job well done. During the season we will all be hugely annoyed by any loss anywhere.

I'm not hoping and praying for playoffs this year. What I want, what this team needs, is to make it a point of pride to once again protect Lambeau Field. I want some key new people to step up and to become leaders that pound this message into everybody: We will beat the crap out of you and you will lose the hard way when you travel to Green Bay.

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 04:58 PM
That certainly would be nice !!!

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit and gave some in between numbers. :razz:

Harvey - 7-9 wins

Funny! The 7-9 I stated was my prediction on their record--not how many wins I thought they'd get.

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Funny! The 7-9 I stated was my prediction on their record--not how many wins I thought they'd get.

I'll put you down as 7-9. I took it as 7-9 wins as the question was how many wins will they get and you replied "Right now, I'd say 7-9" My mistake....thanks for clearing it up.

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 12:50 AM
ok since 007 is editing her post... I did rethink my "final prediction" on page 3 to 9-7 :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 07:15 AM
ok since 007 is editing her post... I did rethink my "final prediction" on page 3 to 9-7 :mrgreen:

Hmmmm......the list of those unwilling to commit is growing smaller! :wink:

Joemailman
05-31-2006, 07:33 AM

Madtown - 8-10 wins
Harvey - 7-9 wins
GBMichele - 7-8 wins
Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
MNgolf19 5-9 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

It's not that I'm afraid of a commitment. I just think we should live together for a while before Making a final decision. :razz:

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 10:42 AM

Madtown - 8-10 wins
Harvey - 7-9 wins
GBMichele - 7-8 wins
Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
MNgolf19 5-9 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

It's not that I'm afraid of a commitment. I just think we should live together for a while before Making a final decision. :razz:

LOL ....You non commitin chicken! :razz:

mngolf19
05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Ok, you got me. I'll go with 7-9 record.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Ok, you got me. I'll go with 7-9 record.

ewww, but I don't like that record.

:razz:

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
well oo7, looks like were still the highest bidders :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
05-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I can almost hear the wedding bells for Mr & Mrs. Nut Job.

billy_oliver880
05-31-2006, 03:16 PM
16-0 God I am a homer. :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
well oo7, looks like were still the highest bidders :mrgreen:

Don't listen to Harlan....he has this terrible jealous streak. He knows deep in his lil blue heart we are right! :D

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
16-0 God I am a homer. :mrgreen:

I knew someone would come through. :D

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-31-2006, 03:47 PM
That 16-0 prediction doesn’t count b/c he doesn’t mean it.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 03:48 PM
That 16-0 prediction doesn’t count b/c he doesn’t mean it.

LOL, billy? did you mean it?

beakerman
05-31-2006, 03:50 PM
10-6
2nd round playoff loss to Atlanta in a tight 21-20 contest were both teams rush over 220 yards......

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Updated list:

16-0
billy_oliver (I think he's serious)

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

11-5
HighlyFavored
CaptainKickAss

10-6
BlueBrewer
Bdgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz
Beakerman

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge
GBMichele
Red
Oregonpackfan

8-8
AtlPackfan
KyPack
Madtownpacker (another non-commit convert)

7-9
SDGBfan
NickCollins
Harvey
mngolf19 (after being pressured)
Bretsky (aka grailsky)

6-10
b bulldog

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit and gave some in between numbers.

Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

billy_oliver880
05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
I am going to say that Farve goes out with a bang and wins 16 in a row. 16-0 for the pack. :D

red
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
i'm going 9-7 at least. i think our d is going to be clicking after the mid point of the season and we can make a push at the playoffs, maybe even win the division

IF

favre is harnessed

Green gets healthy and stays healthy

we don't have the insane amount of injuries we had last year

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Hiya Red! good to see you here :mrgreen:

red
05-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Hiya Red! good to see you here :mrgreen:
hey GBM, glad to see you found a new place to post

Bretsky
05-31-2006, 09:53 PM
My over under if I'm setting odds at Vegas would be 7-9.

I'd say 7-9 give or take two games.

The defense will be improved, but I still have some extreme concerns about our OL and would still like TT to sign a starting stopgap capable OG.
A below average OL will make our running attack inconsistent, and our passing game will be slightly above average.

If the OL is better than I expect and Gardner or Jennings steps up I could see 10-6 as best case...........but a lot of things would need to go our way.

The OL is the key; if our middle breaks down it'll be another frustrating year and we'll all wonder why TT didn't make some noise on the OL in free agency.

B

b bulldog
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm picking the same as my prediction for last season, 6-10.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM

If the OL is better than I expect and Gardner or Jennings steps up I could see 10-6 as best case..........

B

What the heck B? You are worse than the non-committers. :wink:
Are you 7-9? 10-6 or 7-9 give or take two games? I need to know for the list. :razz:

Bretsky
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM

If the OL is better than I expect and Gardner or Jennings steps up I could see 10-6 as best case..........

B

What the heck B? You are worse than the non-committers. :wink:
Are you 7-9? 10-6 or 7-9 give or take two games? I need to know for the list. :razz:

Put me down for 7-9 then.

Did I tell you I am playing softball with the Grail Mistress's (original owner of this home) niece this summer ? Hottie 23 yr old. I know...............you want pictures....... :wink:

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 10:15 PM

Did I tell you I am playing softball with the Grail Mistress's (original owner of this home) niece this summer ? Hottie 23 yr old. I know...............you want pictures....... :wink:

Hey B? just a thought here.....you aren't by any chance stalking this woman are you? I mean, you actually know her family members? Hmmmm :shock:

oh, and a big negative on the pictures :roll:

Bretsky
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM

Hey B? just a thought here.....you aren't by any chance stalking this woman are you? I mean, you actually know her family members? Hmmmm :shock:

oh, and a big negative on the pictures :roll:

So does that mean you won't pose with her ?

No, I'm not stalking her. Truth be told I actually know the person who built our home for his sister, I played softball with the Grail Mistress, and I know both of her nieces, one around 23 and other 26. Both like guys only though. I partied and drank with the older one, and looks like I'll be tipping a few with the other when the team goes to the bar as well.

MadtownPacker
05-31-2006, 10:46 PM
007 wants a piece of her. I know what piece.

Put me down for 8-8 then.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Sickos!!!

After that comment I should put you down by Uncle Vic. :razz:

oregonpackfan
05-31-2006, 11:05 PM
Put me down as 9-7. I also think this record is good enough to win the NFC North Division.

Oregonpackfan

Bretsky
05-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Sickos!!!

After that comment I should put you down by Uncle Vic. :razz:

What would you know about being down there :wink: :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 10:21 AM
I see there's lots of posters that haven't made a prediction yet. Throw out a number and we'll do this again during preseason after we've had a chance to see the team play. I'll hang on to them and we'll see who's closest now and then.

GBRulz
06-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Maybe many others feel like it's just a waste of time to make a prediction? :wink:

mngolf19
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe many others feel like it's just a waste of time to make a prediction? :wink:

Then they don't "Feel the Power" of 007. Like I guess I did.

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 12:30 PM

Then they don't "Feel the Power" of 007. Like I guess I did.

You felt WHAT?? :shock:

:wink:

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Updated list:

16-0

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

11-5
HighlyFavored
CaptainKickAss
BF4MVP

10-6
BlueBrewer
Badgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz
Beakerman

10-5-1
Green Bud Packer (after the bud)

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge
GBMichele
Red
Oregonpackfan

8-8
AtlPackfan
KyPack
BooHoo
the_idle_threat

7-9
SDGBfan
NickCollins
Harvey
Bretsky (aka grailsky)
Woodbuck
bigcoz

6-10
b bulldog
havanother

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

The above are those that predicted the season with confidence. Below are those that are obviously afraid to commit and gave some in between numbers.

Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

Badgepack
06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Who is bdgepack, and why isn't my prediction included?

mngolf19
06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
LOL :lol:

GrnBay007
06-01-2006, 12:48 PM

dang people get cranky when you leave out a lil "a" :wink:

Better Badge?

Badgepack
06-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you.
I was just razzin' you. :mrgreen:

BooHoo
06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Prediction: 8-8

How will the new coach perform?

BF4MVP
06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
11 games!

CaptainKickass
06-02-2006, 01:56 PM

Better Badge?

007 - It's really just the guys who get cranky if you don't give 'em the "A".

:wink: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

GrnBay007
06-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Better Badge?

007 - It's really just the guys who get cranky if you don't give 'em the "A".

:wink: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

True! :razz:

Oh well.....deal with it! :cool:

:wink:

woodbuck27
06-03-2006, 04:58 PM
OK. I'll get in now with my Early - Early prognostication.

Where are we this time this year compared to last? Well, we know that "the Jim Bates Defensive Scheme", did give us improvement there. So how much of that success do we contribute to Jim's awesome energy and desire to succeed? The respect that the people who play defence had for Jim Bates? Is that even a factor? His "D" Assistant ( Saunders) is the CO-Ordinator now. Will he transfer that same energy and aspire that much confidence?

Did the OL ever really come around last season, as men jockeyed in and out of the strarting positions? I didn't see that as being the case. Now we have not two but three vet OL in the middle . . . G-O-N-E . Noooooo Vet's at G/C to fill the gaps. Just Rookie and one year prospects that take 2-3 years minimum to develop, if ever. I am still really surprized that TT didn't make a Free Agency move to shore that major concern up, and wasn't C/G Jeff Faine available from the Browns and he's somehow still there. Uhhhh !What's up - with all this confidence that the major responsibility will lie with coaching to snap that - now ZBS , in place for 2006. The ZBS places extreme demands on athletic and very intelligrent Offensive lineman. Wonderlick Test results-anyone?

Last Season at this time, we thought we might have a legitimate #1 WR in Javon Walker. Instead we have a prospect in Daryn Colledge at OT and - just prospects, at all sorts of positions, but a legitimate shot at #1 WR.

No - CB ( slash - WR ) Will Blackmon will not get there ! Greg Jennings is OUR fill for Terrence Murphy.

We have only @ 'a wish and a prayer' at WR. Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson and whomever - isn't nearly as good as Javon ' Walked Away - for no just reason ' and Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson and whomever.

The Javon Walker trade gave us picks at #36 and #37 and what in "H" - of course, Ted Thompson traded them away. Thus another need was set aside. A young and powerful RB.

That is on next April's agenda I 'm guessing. Trouble is - we are looking at this Season. Green and Davenport and Gado /Herron are onboard, all coming off injury and going to attempt to secure a successful ZBS for us with a scalped/replaced Coaching Staff, including a new HC and Offensive Co-Ordinator. . . .Yaaaaahoooooo !

TT did address the future of the OL for the future with three prospects there in the draft as he did in Hawk and Abdul Hodge get us two excellent prospects at the LBer position. Again, we have to be ready for 2006 !

Really gang. How many stars (playmakers) do we have on OUR Team?

We would have been screwed, blued and tatoo'd if #4 had retired.

We have Donald Driver,Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher (both having to adapt to the ZBS and Clifton was distracted last Season never knowing who would line up on his right). Ahman Green must rebound fron a horrible injury and Samkon Gado must prove himself again. Hopefully Bubba Franks will come out of TC alot healthier than he was last Season because of his late start. Nick Barnett will have some help at LBer with Hawk and Hodge and Marquand Manuel will support Nick Collins as he progress's at safety.

We picked up Ryan Pickett at DT and Charles Woodson will play maybe a dozen games ( based on recent history ) at CB, to support a disgruntled Al Harris, but these two players have 2-3 years remaining at best according to the Experts.

If OUR "O" rebounds at all, OUR Secondary will be tested more in 2006. Ahmad Carroll is slated as OUR Nickle and Mr. Hawkins is still at best, RAW. Any legitimately good team needs 4-5 really solid corners.

Did TT do enough for us in 2006 in Free Agency and the Draft? Not in my view. We had to have more on the OL. That was a TOP priority - again in this off Season. As we expected Ted Thompson filled (adding 5 more draft picks). The odds on numbers approach, to build for the future. I don't buy into that at all, as the NFL goes. I believe in quality over quantity. He should have added to the OL in Free agency or traded for a Jeff Faine.

Edit Note: I just discovered that Jeff Faine was dealt to the Saints 2nd Rd. #34 pick on draft day.

Maybe, he should have used picks #36 and #37 as there was good talent there!

I'm not going to get too much into ST's but assuming that Ahmad Carroll will continue with where he established creditability on KO returns and that Jon Ryan will pass the test, over little to beat out in the punting Dept. We still need a punt returner (I'm assuming that Corey Rodgers is the designated man - take away his gun - please) and of course cover men. Mr. ST's Coach has alot of work on his hands.

On the upside.

Finding ILB - Abdul Hodge in round three was a good thing.

It does appear as though a polished and NFL ready WR Greg Jennings will stick.

I love AJ Hawk @ #5 ( I'm guessing - he couldn't trade down - LOL ).

T/G - Daryn Colledge and G/C Jason Spitz and T/G Tony Moll are vested interests for the future of OUR OL .

So based on this analysis I will make a Season prediction.

Sep 10 Chicago L
Sep 17 New Orleans W
Sep 24 @Detroit W
Oct 2 @Philadelphia L
Oct 8 St. Louis L
Oct 22 @Miami L
Oct 29 Arizona W
Nov 5 @Buffalo W
Nov 12 @Minnesota L
Nov 19 New England L
Nov 27 @Seattle L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets W
Dec 10 @San Francisco W
Dec 17 Detroit W
Dec 21 Minnesota L
Dec 31 @Chicago L

A 7 - 9 RECORD. Third place 'at BEST' in the NFC North. Today !

This "in fact" may be very optimistic. A 7-9 Record yet, I'll take that any day over 4-12.

Best news in the Off Season to date? #4 RETURNS !!!!!!!

havanother
06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I just registered here and am coming in late to the conversation, but I've got a maximum of six wins. We have improved defensively, but I just don't see our O being able to compete yet. Where I may be wrong is Chicago and MN both have O's that also may struggle, but I think they are more equipped with their game plans to handle it.

Tarlam!
06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I just registered here and am coming in late to the conversation, but I've got a maximum of six wins. We have improved defensively, but I just don't see our O being able to compete yet. Where I may be wrong is Chicago and MN both have O's that also may struggle, but I think they are more equipped with their game plans to handle it.

Not sure if the welcome mat has been rolled out, but, WELCOME HAVEANOTHER! Nice to have you posting!

Green Bud Packer
06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
when i started reading this post i would have said 7-9 but now that the joint i smoked has kicked in i'm gonna officially predict 10-5-1

Tarlam!
06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Anybody predicting a tie in this day and age has some serious balls.

Scott Campbell
06-05-2006, 03:22 PM
So based on this analysis I will make a Season prediction.

Sep 10 Chicago L
Sep 17 New Orleans W
Sep 24 @Detroit W
Oct 2 @Philadelphia L
Oct 8 St. Louis L
Oct 22 @Miami L
Oct 29 Arizona W
Nov 5 @Buffalo W
Nov 12 @Minnesota L
Nov 19 New England L
Nov 27 @Seattle L
Dec 3 N.Y. Jets W
Dec 10 @San Francisco W
Dec 17 Detroit W
Dec 21 Minnesota L
Dec 31 @Chicago L

Damnit Woody, you have them losing twice to the Bears. There goes my lunch.

bigcoz75
06-05-2006, 07:16 PM
7-9

the_idle_threat
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Although I agree with SOV, to be sporting, put me down for 8 wins.

As always, there is room for dramatic variation depending upon injuries, adaptation to scheme, young players stepping up etc. ... no purchase necessary ... not available in all areas ... Canadian residents may need to answer a simple skills test involving cosines and differential equations ... void where prohibited ...

CaptainKickass
06-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey B? just a thought here.....you aren't by any chance stalking this woman are you? I mean, you actually know her family members? Hmmmm

Lyrics to a song:

"I'm not stalking you.........I'm just calling alot"

GrnBay007
06-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Updated list:

16-0

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

11-5
HighlyFavored
CaptainKickAss
BF4MVP

10-6
BlueBrewer
Badgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz
Beakerman

10-5-1

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge
GBMichele
Red
Oregonpackfan

8-8
AtlPackfan
KyPack
BooHoo
the_idle_threat

7-9
SDGBfan
NickCollins
Harvey
Bretsky (aka grailsky)
Woodbuck
bigcoz

6-10
b bulldog
havanother

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Thought this needed a bump :mrgreen: .

New members its your turn. Also, I stand by my 12-4 prediction.

RashanGary
08-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Throw me in the 7-9 crowd. BTW, where the hell is HH. He's been MIA for a while....

Fosco33
08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
9-7, wild card win, divisional loss

vince
08-12-2006, 06:56 PM
9-7

We're unproven and inexperienced, but pretty good actually. It'll be a fun season with a lot of renewed confidence. Gado and Green get it done, as will Driver, Jennings and Gardner.

Favre will return for another season, and will ultimately own every record in the book while returning to the playoffs in 2007.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Throw me in the 7-9 crowd. BTW, where the hell is HH. He's been MIA for a while....

Good question, havn't seen HH either.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Hey made a stink about leaving the forum for good. He said it was because he was spending too much time on here or something.

GBRulz
08-13-2006, 09:37 AM

Hey made a stink about leaving the forum for good. He said it was because he was spending too much time on here or something.

Was this in a thread? I didn't see anything like that. Ol Blue can't stay away...maybe someone needs to start a thread about doll collecting.. he'll be all over that like barbie on ken....

BananaMan
08-13-2006, 09:39 AM
lmao...

oh, and for my prediction.

after the first preseason game i'll still say 9-7.

GrnBay007
08-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Updated list:

16-0

12-4
PackFan_n_MD
grnbay007

11-5
HighlyFavored
CaptainKickAss
BF4MVP

10-6
BlueBrewer
Badgepack
Chaingang
MJZiggy
Packrulz
Beakerman

10-5-1

9-7
Swede
ChubbyHubby
Mraynrand
Jacks Smirkin Revenge
GBMichele
Red
Oregonpackfan
Fosco33
Vince
BananaMan (back at last)

8-8
AtlPackfan
KyPack
BooHoo
the_idle_threat

7-9
SDGBfan
Greg Jennings
Harvey
Bretsky (aka grailsky)
Woodbuck
bigcoz

6-10
b bulldog
havanother

2-14
AntiPolar Bear

Route25 - 6-9 wins
Harlan - 6-8 wins
Fritz - 3-12 wins

Brando19
08-30-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm new here so here's my prediction... 8-8

mmmdk
08-31-2006, 06:09 AM
This is my brain predicting not my heart, and before anyone else mentions it, let's hope I have no brain for predicting :lol: :shock:

Chicago L
New Orleans W
@Detroit L
@Philadelphia L
St.Louis W
@ Miami L
Arizona W
@Buffalo W
@Minnesota L
New England L
@Seattle L
NY Jets W
@San Francisco L
Detroit W
Minnesota L
@Chicago L

6-10

Kiwon
08-31-2006, 06:24 AM
5-11 hasn't been mentioned yet. My prediction: injuries and inexperience are going to take a toll this year and the Pack will limp to a 5-11 record.

Now, I hope the Pack finishes 11-5, but I can't be that optimistic just yet.

run pMc
08-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Well, losing Longwell could hurt us, the OL is an ongoing concern, and the coaching is a question mark for some.

I'm thinking GB won't be as snake-bit by injuries this year, and TT has upgraded the talent, so that should help. IMO a team can win 1-2 close games with a solid kicker plus good talent base in the bottom third of the roster when you lose 1-2 starters. Longwell was mysteriously replaced by Folger's crystals last year, and GM Shermy didn't leave HC Shemry enough depth last year, so I think we'll do better than 4-12.

When you consider the teams in the NFC East and South, this does not look like a team headed to the playoffs. They have to win the division, meaning they have to leapfrog MIN & CHI while keeping their foot on DET. Not likely.

Having said all that, I fully expeect between 5 and 7 wins this year. I'll split the difference and say 6-10.

I wish I didn't sound so pessimistic and could honestly predict 10-6, but I don't see it happening without deific intervention.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2006, 09:49 AM
I still think 12-4. We will shock the league :cool:

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
I am sticking with my 9-7 prediction.

The Lambeau Mystique will be back and we will beat the Bears on the road

Packnut
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I am sticking with my 9-7 prediction.

The Lambeau Mystique will be back and we will beat the Bears on the road

From your keyboard to God's ears! :lol:

Tony Oday
08-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Chicago W
New Orleans W
@Detroit W
@Philadelphia W
St.Louis W
@ Miami L
Arizona W
@Buffalo W
@Minnesota L
New England W
@Seattle L
NY Jets W
@San Francisco W
Detroit W
Minnesota W
@Chicago L

12-4 Write it down! Call you bookie its all over here!

RIPackerFan
08-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Chicago W
New Orleans W
@Detroit L
@Philadelphia L
St.Louis W
@ Miami L
Arizona W
@Buffalo W
@Minnesota L
New England L
@Seattle L
NY Jets W
@San Francisco W
Detroit W
Minnesota W
@Chicago L

9-7 - Wildcard spot

packers11
08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Chicago W
New Orleans W
@Detroit W
@Philadelphia L
St.Louis W
@ Miami L
Arizona W
@Buffalo W
@Minnesota L
New England W
@Seattle L
NY Jets W
@San Francisco W
Detroit W
Minnesota W
@Chicago L

11-5 ... Take divison... Favre rallies everyone up.... SUPERBOWL VICTORY... Favre returns for one more year to put up a run like elway :smile: