PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers to Bengals

KYPack
02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
From your pesky correspondent in Cincy....

Sports talk radio in Cincinnati is announcing the Bengals have traded an as yet undisclosed draft pick to the Lions for DT Shaun Rogers.

Let's see if the fat man can get motivated. It was the "Tale of Two Seasons" for him last year.

Green Bud Packer
02-29-2008, 02:51 PM
It'll be good to have him out of the North.

KYPack
02-29-2008, 02:56 PM
From your pesky correspondent in Cincy....

Sports talk radio in Cincinnati is announcing the Bengals have traded an as yet undisclosed draft pick to the Lions for DT Shaun Rogers.

Let's see if the fat man can get motivated. It was the "Tale of Two Seasons" for him last year.

The draft picks were reportedly a 3rd and a fifth round pick.

Seems a lot for this guy, eh?

Lurker64
02-29-2008, 02:59 PM

If you can motivate Rogers to play, he can be a terror. He's just got character and conditioning issues. Knowing Cincinnati's history of turning around guys with character issues into model citizens, he should be perfectly fine. Alternatively, he'll fit in well.

KYPack
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM

If you can motivate Rogers to play, he can be a terror. He's just got character and conditioning issues. Knowing Cincinnati's history of turning around guys with character issues into model citizens, he should be perfectly fine. Alternatively, he'll fit in well.

He did that last year. Remember the Lions - Falcons game. He played like a demon and even returned a pick for a long touchdown. Then, in the last home game against us, he took the day off. He was such a non-factor, I was surprised they didn't bench him before the end of the game.

He's a strange boy. Requires coaching up, as they say.

Spaulding
02-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Still a 3rd and a 5th for Rogers when we got a 2nd for CW? I know Rogers hasn't been a model player the last two seasons but prior to that he was downright dominant. If playing to his level, I can't imagine he's head and shoulders above CW on impact. Seems like we got a steal to get a 2nd for CW. Then again CW never had the baggage that Rogers has.

Wonder if the losing or shitty organization just eventually got to him. If it did and he's fresh with the Bengals then they make off like bandits.

Lurker64
02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Apparently This didn't really happen (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/SPORTS0101/802290460/1126).

I would like to see him out of the division, though.

Lurker64
02-29-2008, 08:53 PM
From Rotoworld.

A league source tells Booth Newspapers that the Browns will acquire DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for CB Leigh Bodden and a 2008 third-round pick.

The Browns just aren't interested in building through the 2008 draft, are they? Maybe someone else will come along and take their 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th picks as well.

red
02-29-2008, 08:59 PM
From Rotoworld.

A league source tells Booth Newspapers that the Browns will acquire DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for CB Leigh Bodden and a 2008 third-round pick.

The Browns just aren't interested in building through the 2008 draft, are they? Maybe someone else will come along and take their 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th picks as well.

it sure seems like they don't want to draft

KYPack
02-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Apparently This didn't really happen (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080229/SPORTS0101/802290460/1126).

I would like to see him out of the division, though.

Yeah, guess it didn't.

PFT is saying the league office kicked the deal because of cap troubles. Well, are the Lions worse or not?
The Browns have a pretty good DLine on paper, I'll say that much.

Fritz
03-01-2008, 07:14 AM
What does anyone know about Leigh Bodden, the guy the Lions picked up along with the draft pick?

KYPack
03-01-2008, 08:50 AM
What does anyone know about Leigh Bodden, the guy the Lions picked up along with the draft pick?

I thought he was an up and comer. Good in most departments, I was shocked they would include him in a trade. A 3rd and Bodden is way superior to a 3rd and a 5th. Cleveland better get some great play out of Rogers for that to be a good deal for them.

I'd guess they didn't want to part with their 5th.

The "suits" in Cleve wouldn't have much to do on draft day.