PDA

View Full Version : You are dumber than you think - REALLY

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
While waiting for our food at Perkins last night, I did a little geography test with a friend and learned that I am stupid and my friend is really stupid. I will be impressed if anybody can get the answers perfect without cheating and looking at a map:

1) Name all the states that border Canada, in order, between Washington and Minnesota.

2) Name the states on the gulf coast in geographical order from Florida to Texas.

3) Name all the states that are on Atlantic Ocean, in order from Maine to Florida.

Maybe you can do the first two, but not the last one, you'll screw something up.

Freak Out
03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
While waiting for our food at Perkins last night, I did a little geography test with a friend and learned that I am stupid and my friend is really stupid. I will be impressed if anybody can get the answers perfect without cheating and looking at a map:

1) Name all the states that border Canada, in order, between Washington and Minnesota.

2) Name the states on the gulf coast in geographical order from Florida to Texas.

3) Name all the states that are on Atlantic Ocean, in order from Maine to Florida.

Maybe you can do the first two, but not the last one, you'll screw something up.

You eat at Perkins? I've dined twice while on visits to the in laws in Minni and that was plenty for me. Go local dude.

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 10:36 AM
You eat at Perkins? I've dined twice while on visits to the in laws in Minni and that was plenty for me. Go local dude.

They are open late. I have a 20-something friend who I go there with sometimes and she calls it the restaraunt that smells like old people.

Scott Campbell
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
1) I got the first 2 right. They're easy.
2) I got the 3 one right too on the Campbell condition, as I have an anit-East Coast bias, and don't consider anything smaller than Maine to be a real state anyway.
3) You don't need to go to Perkins to learn that you're stupid. Just ask us, and it'll save you the tip.

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I didn't get any of them right, well, I guess I got the Canada border states but wasn't sure about that devious idaho.

Freak Out
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM

They are open late. I have a 20-something friend who I go there with sometimes and she calls it the restaraunt that smells like old people.

It did have that Denny's feel to it.

Freak Out
03-01-2008, 10:40 AM
3) You don't need to go to Perkins to learn that you're stupid. Just ask us, and it'll save you the tip.

Can you feel the love?

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 10:44 AM

1. Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota

2. Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas

3. Maine, New Hampshire, Mass., Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida.

Scott Campbell
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Ballhawk,

Deleware is not a state. It's a tax shelter.

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Ballhawk,

Not to mention the state that houses the shithole of Wilmington.

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Ballhawk did an amazing job. He didn't get it right, but he was close, I believe he didn't cheat. Gold star for you!

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Ballhawk did an amazing job. He didn't get it right, but he was close, I believe he didn't cheat. Gold star for you!

What'd I miss?

Scott Campbell
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Ha!!! He missed CT. Maybe I am smarter than a 5th grader.

Nah.

MJZiggy
03-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Connecticut and New York.

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I have New York.

Connecticut is not on the Atlantic Ocean. It is on the Long Island Sound.

Scott Campbell
03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I have New York.

Tell it to PIP. It's her state.

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Alright, c'mon, PIPL, how 'bout a verdict?

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/united_states/connecticut_90.jpg

oregonpackfan
03-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Ballhawk,

Actually, Delaware is the official first state of our country. It was the first state to ratify the Constitution.

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM

I don't know. Looks like "Block Island Sound" at the top. I used to live in New London, CT, and it never occured to that the giant lake out there wasn't the Atlantic Ocean. But I think the judges have to give it to you, if only for your audacity of hope. You are the big wiener!!!!!

http://i.infoplease.com/images/mconnecticut.gif

packinpatland
03-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Ha!!! He missed CT. Maybe I am smarter than a 5th grader.

Nah.

Miss CT???? How is that possible? We are the home of the 'Great Lieberman'!!!

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
What say you, PIPL, is CT on the Atlantic Ocean?

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Is Seattle on the Pacific Ocean?

I've been reading about sounds, Puget Sound, Long Island Sound, etc. and I think they are something. They are estuaries for rivers, fresh water mixing with salt water. I think you can think of them as separate from the ocean.

It's like the age-old question: "Is a pig's ass pork?"

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Miss CT?

She's a looker. Not too impressed with her balloon tying "talent", though. Corny.

Iron Mike
03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Since when does knowledge of geography equate with mental prowess??? :roll:

Check out these geography bee winners:

http://www.cbcs.info/images/pagemaster/test.jpg

Total losers, fer shure.

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 07:04 PM

Check out these geography bee winners:

Total losers, fer shure.

You calling me a loser, IM?

Listen, only like 90% of the kids at the Florida State Geo Bee were losers. :lol:

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 07:12 PM
C'mon, how can you call these kids nerds?

http://www.sitemason.com/files/eysLhm/IMG_1015.jpg/main.jpg

Meet Mark.

http://www.sitemason.com/files/k0QfGE/IMG_1019.jpg/main.jpg

Meet Crazy Home-Schooled Evangelical Champion

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/05/23/2003718845.jpg

The sad thing is that I know most of these kids. :oops:

Harlan Huckleby
03-01-2008, 10:06 PM

I'd say knowing the location of the states on a map shows a level of alertness and curiosity.

Now, if you are asking about the capital of Moldovia, or the name of the longest river in Chad, OK, that's just memorization.

BallHawk
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Chisnau to the first and I have no freakin' idea to the 2nd. :lol:

There are two approaches to geography. There are some kids, many of them foreign, that just go through the countries and geographical features and memorize them. These kids usually end up doing pretty well. The 2nd approach is to memorize the places but learn about them at the same time. The competition is made up of kids that could tell you every physical feature of Russia but they couldn't tell you who the president is.

And don't even get me started on the spelling bee. :lol:

As HH said, geographical awareness shows a knowledge about the world. America is lacking in this field.

Only 13% of Americans between the age of 18-24 can locate Iraq on a map. 17% for Afghanistan. Only 51% could locate New York on a map, etc.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/

Of Adults, only 37% could locate Iraq and only 25% could locate Israel.

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/mesh/2008/01/graph_americans_lost_on_map/

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Without looking at anything at all, here's my shot at it ...

Washington
Idaho
Montana
North Dakota
Minnesota

Texas
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Florida

Maine
New Hampshire? (can't remember if they have any coastline or not)
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
Delaware
Maryland
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

Now I'm going to see how close I was.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 12:30 AM
not bad, just left off virginny. CT's status as ocean state is still hotly contested.

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Well, I got #1 and #2.

I got #3 except (1) I wasn't sure about New Hampshire (it does have coastline) and (2) I completely forgot the state of Virginia. :oops: I knew I was missing something in that area.

I don't buy the assertion that Connecticut is not on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Using the same logic, neither is Rhode Island. Rhode Island is bordered by the Block Island Sound and the Rhode Island Sound.

See this site for details. It's a great geography site, IMO.

http://www.flashearth.com/

Zool
03-02-2008, 12:32 AM
I got the first two. Then I read the third and moved on.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't buy the assertion that Connecticut is not on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Using the same logic, neither is Rhode Island. Rhode Island is bordered by the Block Island Sound and the Rhode Island Sound.

Long Island Sound is an estuary, making its substance complete different from an ocean.

Block Island and Rhode Island sounds are geographically straits, which is still the same substance as an ocean, only the geography of the area surrounding the body of water is different.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 12:50 AM
In that case, part of CT is on the ocean (Block Island) and we have to invalidate your perfect score and take back your prizes.

but thank you for playing.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/united_states/connecticut_90.jpg

My map says otherwise.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Also, this link shows otherwise.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Block+Island+Sound&um=1&hl=en&c
lient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&ndsp=20&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Are you arguing with the judges?

Wikipedia considers LIS to be the pink area. I can almost see the people surfing in north CT.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Wpdms_ev26188_long_island_sound.jpg

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 01:17 AM

Long Island Sound is an estuary, making its substance complete different from an ocean.

Block Island and Rhode Island sounds are geographically straits, which is still the same substance as an ocean, only the geography of the area surrounding the body of water is different.

The "estuary" argument doesn't hold water.

There are estuaries that are part of the ocean. For one thing, how about Upper New York Bay (and Lower for that matter)? Both are clearly estuaries between the Hudson River and the Atlantic Ocean. Yet they are bays, which are by definition parts of a larger body of water. They are part of the Atlantic Ocean, just like Long Island Sound is part of the Atlantic Ocean.

And for that matter, as big as Long Island Sound is compared to the little rivers that trickle into it, I wouldn't consider the entire sound an estuary.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 01:51 AM
Where does the Gulf of Mexico become the Atlantic Ocean? Where does the Atlantic Ocean become the PAcific Ocean around South America? I suppose answer is they gradually merge over a large area.

I don't think as estuary is part of the ocean, the water chemistry is different. Don't know if Long Island Sound is different enough from the Atlantic Ocean to be considered a seperate body of water.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 01:58 AM
http://www.greenct.org/LONGIS~1.HTM

Long Island Sound is an estuary. An estuary is a tidal body of water that is fed by both salt and fresh water sources. Estuaries are partially sheltered water sources that are protected by land from harsh winds, and storms, that occur in oceans. Because of this protection, estuaries are perfect habitats for marine creatures in early stages of development .... Estuaries are important because they are among the most productive systems on earth. Due to the unique water chemistry, many habitats are created. The mixture of salt and fresh water, tidal conditions, and shelter from harsh atmospheric conditions, create a unique and critical habitat for the survival of many marine species. ... Long Island Sound’s salt-water source is the Atlantic Ocean; its fresh water is from all of the rivers that drain to it, but the most significant fresh water sources are the Housatonic, Connecticut, and Thames Rivers.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 02:02 AM
So Ballhawk is correct, Long Island Sound is distinct from the Atlantic Ocean.

Only problem is it doesn't extend across all of CT, so he still loses all of his valuable prizes. Too bad - whop whop whop whop.

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 02:18 AM
I don't think as estuary is part of the ocean, the water chemistry is different. Don't know if Long Island Sound is different enough from the Atlantic Ocean to be considered a seperate body of water.

-It's my understanding that oceans are defined geographically, not by water chemistry. Yes, there is the broad saltwater/freshwater dichotomy, but that is a general rule. Oceans have vast differences in water chemistry depending upon geographic factors such as depth, temperature, presence of active volcanoes, etc. The same body of water can have a different chemical makeup at different depths.

-Some estuaries are clearly part of the ocean. Estuaries are defined as areas where freshwater sources mix with saltwater bodies of water. Look at where the Amazon, Congo or Gambia Rivers meet the Atlantic Ocean. There have to be estuaries between these rivers and the ocean, but the rivers empty directly into the ocean. The estuaries are the part of the ocean near the mouth of the river where the two kinds of water mix.

Ergo, if an area is an estuary, that does not make it a separate body of water distinct from the ocean.

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 02:37 AM
from Merriam Webster dictionary:

estuary

Main Entry: es·tu·ary
Pronunciation: \ˈes-chə-ˌwer-ē, ˈesh-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural es·tu·ar·ies
Etymology: Latin aestuarium, from aestus boiling, tide; akin to Latin aestas summer — more at edify
Date: 1538
: a water passage where the tide meets a river current; especially : an arm of the sea at the lower end of a river

From Britannica:

Partly enclosed coastal body of water in which river water is mixed with seawater. An estuary is thus defined by salinity rather than geography.

^^^This definition is self-contradictory, as it defines the term using geographical terms (partly enclosed body of water) and then says that salinity rather than geography is the defining factor. :lol:

From wiki:

Estuaries are often given names like bay, sound, fjord, etc. The terms are not mutually exclusive. Where an enormous volume of river water enters the sea (as, for example, from the Amazon into the South Atlantic) its estuary could be considered to extend well beyond the coast.

The fact that an area is an estuary does not define the area as geographically separate from the ocean.

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Didn't know you guys cared so much about Connecticut. :lol:

the_idle_threat
03-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Next we're gonna argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. :wink:

Patler
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
From a report of the USGS:

http://woodshole.er.usgs.gov/project-pages/longislandsound/Research_Topics/PhysO.htm

Physical Oceanography is the study of the physics of the oceans, especially the complex water movements and the forces caused by tides, winds, and temperature differences that generate those movements. The physical oceanography in Long Island Sound is crucial both in understanding the distribution of sedimentary environments and in predicting the long-term fate of wastes and contaminants that have been introduced there. Water current patterns and sediment transport patterns create the sea-floor environment that we observe.

If they conducted a study of the physical oceanography of Long Island Sound, by definition it is part of the ocean.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Only problem is it doesn't extend across all of CT, so he still loses all of his valuable prizes. Too bad - whop whop whop whop.

It does extend across all of CT, look at the google maps link.

I demand my prizes.

GBRulz
03-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I know US Geography pretty well, but go across the ocean and it's a different story.

Smarter than a 5th grader quiz.....

78% for me :oops:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/lifestyle/ny-et5thgrade0227-quiz,0,879938.triviaquiz?coll=orl-dp-classifieds

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 10:19 AM
In that case, part of CT is on the ocean (Block Island) and we have to invalidate your perfect score and take back your prizes.

but thank you for playing.

Block Island belongs to RI, not CT

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Not according to the boundary map. I think RI is ripping you off.. :lol:

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM

I demand my prizes.

Long Island Sound does extend across the entire bottom of CT.

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 10:26 AM

It's alittle like the UP belonging to MI instead of WS......

GBRulz
03-02-2008, 10:32 AM

It's alittle like the UP belonging to MI instead of WS......

ya der, hey.

Scott Campbell
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
PIP, you still haven't answered the original question. Do people in CT consider their state as bordering the Atlantic Ocean?

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:09 AM
If they conducted a study of the physical oceanography of Long Island Sound, by definition it is part of the ocean.

:roll: oh for god's sake! Then how could you ever say the Gulf of Mexico is separate from the Atlantic Ocean - they do "oceanic studies" in the gulf. Nobody would argue that Puget Sound or Long Island Sound do not share some properties of an ocean.

And even weaker is Idle's theory that bodies of water are delineated by location without regard to water chemistry. How would you ever tell where the Pacific & Atlantic Oceans differentiate below South America if not by looking at physical/chemical properties? I'm sure currents change and the boundaries move.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:16 AM

I demand my prizes.

Long Island Sound does extend across the entire bottom of CT.

Are you suggesting that Widipedia is in error? This is a very serious accusation.

Even on your google treasure maps it shows the northern tip of CT as being on "Block Island Sound", I don't give a flying fuck if the state of RI planted their flag on that island.

look, I'm not going to sugar coat this: packinpatland & BallHawk are damnable liars.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Wpdms_ev26188_long_island_sound.jpg

Patler
03-02-2008, 11:19 AM

:roll: oh for god's sake! Then how could you ever say the Gulf of Mexico is separate from the Atlantic Ocean - they do "oceanic studies" in the gulf. Nobody would argue that Puget Sound or Long Island Sound do not share some properties of an ocean.

And even weaker is Idle's theory that bodies of water are delineated by location without regard to water chemistry. How would you ever tell where the Pacific & Atlantic Oceans differentiate below South America if not by looking at physical/chemical properties? I'm sure currents change and the boundaries move.

You conveniently ignored that this was not my argument or theory, but a definition put out by Woodshole and the OSGS in studying the Sound. They defined it, not me.

..and for God's or any other deity's sake I will take their definition over your argument every time! :taunt: :lol: :lol:

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 11:33 AM
PIP, you still haven't answered the original question. Do people in CT consider their state as bordering the Atlantic Ocean?

I do. Most in CT do. Somehow when you advertise 'ocean front' beaches, homes, access.......sounds better than saying 'sound front'. And it tastes salty.....must be ocean water.

Now the folks down in NJ, or the other side of Long Island, where they say they have 'real' beaches, disagree.

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 11:35 AM
"look, I'm not going to sugar coat this: packinpatland & BallHawk are damnable liars."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's prime!

Patler
03-02-2008, 11:39 AM
:roll: oh for god's sake! Then how could you ever say the Gulf of Mexico is separate from the Atlantic Ocean - they do "oceanic studies" in the gulf.

Are you suggesting that the Gulf of Mexico is not part of the Atlantic Ocean?

Dfn "Gulf" - A bay, usually referring to a large bay that is an arm of an ocean or sea.

A headland is an area of land adjacent to water on three sides. A bay is the reverse, rather an area of water bordered by land on three sides. ...A large bay may also be called a gulf, sound or bight.

Thus, "bays," "gulfs," "sounds." etc are all parts of a larger body of water, a region or area of the larger body.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:40 AM

You conveniently ignored that this was not my argument or theory, but a definition put out by Woodshole and the OSGS in studying the Sound. They defined it, not me.

not so, slick. OSGS merely explored the "oceanography" of LIS. It was you, in your zeal to score cheap points in an online forum, who connected the word "oceanography" to "Atlantic Ocean". Disgraceful behavior.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:41 AM
do we need to discuss fjords? are you gonna tell me a fjord is just another piece of the ocean?

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:44 AM

Yes, it's a separate body of water. (I think. :lol: )

And why is the Indian Ocean a separate body of water from the Pacific Ocean?

Patler
03-02-2008, 11:45 AM

not so, slick. OSGS merely explored the "oceanography" of LIS. It was you, in your zeal to score cheap points in an online forum, who connected the word "oceanography" to "Atlantic Ocean". Disgraceful behavior.

a=b, b=c, therefore a=c

Patler
03-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Yes, it's a separate body of water. (I think. :lol: )

And why is the Indian Ocean a separate body of water from the Pacific Ocean?

Because the oceans are not separate bodies of water.

"Though generally recognized as several 'separate' oceans, these waters comprise one global, interconnected body of salt water often referred to as the World Ocean or global ocean. This concept of a global ocean as a continuous body of water with relatively free interchange among its parts is of fundamental importance to oceanography.[3] The major oceanic divisions are defined in part by the continents, various archipelagos, and other criteria: these divisions are (in descending order of size) the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Southern Ocean (which is sometimes subsumed as the southern portions of the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans), and the Arctic Ocean (which is sometimes considered a sea of the Atlantic). The Pacific and Atlantic may be further subdivided by the equator into northerly and southerly portions. Smaller regions of the oceans are called seas, gulfs, bays and other names.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:51 AM
"The Gulf of Mexico is the ninth largest body of water in the world. It is an ocean basin largely surrounded by the North American continent and the island of Cuba."

but then they go on to talk about GoM as part of Atlantic Ocean.

So I guess Patler is right, gulfs and bays are considered to be a part of the ocean,even tho they have their own boundaries. I say its a matter of common useage more than anything else. And I can't think of an estuary as being part of an ocean, it is no more ocean than it is river. By the knee-bone-connected-to-the-thigh-bone theory, rivers that feed oceans could be considered part of the ocean. Nah, estuaries are separate.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
"Though generally recognized as several 'separate' oceans, these waters comprise one global, interconnected body of salt water often referred to as the World Ocean or global ocean.

Oh my God, Obama's fingerprints are everywhere. Yes We Can!

Patler
03-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Someone buy Harlan a globe! :lol:

Scott Campbell
03-02-2008, 12:21 PM
...........I did a little geography test with a friend and learned that I am stupid ...........

Read the quote from Harlan's initial post (above). I think we're getting away from the original premise of this thread.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
look, I'm not going to sugar coat this: packinpatland & BallHawk are damnable liars.

Give me my prizes.

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Give me my prizes.

Hey, I'm half of those 'damnable liars'........you gotta share.

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM

Give me my prizes.

I'll share only because you're unfortunate enough to be living with all those Pat fans up there in CT.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Give me my prizes.

I went to bat for you on your estuary theory. Unfortunately, both you & PIP stretched the truth about the boundaries of the Long Island Sound, and now you must suffer the consequences.

I was thinking of the analogy of Patler being a stubborn mule. Clearly he has some qualities of both a horse and a jackass, but he is neither, he is a synthesis of the two.

An estuary is neither a river nor an ocean, it's a whole new thing.

Patler
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
...........I did a little geography test with a friend and learned that I am stupid ...........

Read the quote from Harlan's initial post (above). I think we're getting away from the original premise of this thread.

Good point! We may be dumber than we think, as Harlan suggests. However, the real question is, are ANY of us dumber than Harlan???

packinpatland
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM

Give me my prizes.

I'll share only because you're unfortunate enough to be living with all those Pat fans up there in CT.

Finally..........this place is good for something!

Just kidding........NE is the best. ...........we got 'lobsta'!

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
We got crabs. Go ahead, Harlan.

Patler
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
We got crabs. Go ahead, Harlan.

(I'll help him out.) Have you tried this shampoo......?

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Does it work on the blue ones we have out in the Chesapeake? With a little dipping butter and some roast corn on the cob.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
"Do you serve crabs here?"
"Lady, we serve all kinds of people."

I always think of the Pacific NW when I think of crabs, but I guess Maryland is famous for crab cakes, as well as crooked politicians.

Patler
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Does it work on the blue ones we have out in the Chesapeake? With a little dipping butter and some roast corn on the cob.

All the tree-hugging environmentalists would get upset if you sudsed-up the Chesapeake Bay (By the way, is that part of the Atlantic?)

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
The crooked politicians are a bit to our south. Ron Wolf lives around here somewhere too.

Patler
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
The crooked politicians are a bit to our south. Ron Wolf lives around here somewhere too.

Have you invited him over to give him crabs???

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
The Chesapeake Bay is the largest estuary in the United States. It lies off the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by Maryland and Virginia.

That would be a NO.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 07:43 PM

Wasn't Spiro Agnew from Maryland?

I think Maryland has a reputation for corruption.

Harlan Huckleby
03-02-2008, 07:43 PM

SErve him crabs, Patler. Serve him crabs.

MJ is a regular lady.

Patler
03-02-2008, 07:45 PM

SErve him crabs, Patler. Serve him crabs.

MJ is a regular lady.

oops! :oops: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
03-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Usually around here we go out to get our crabs...some great little crab joints in these parts.

Freak Out
03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
My wife grew up in Cape Saint Clare on Chesapeake bay and said then it was just amazing. A few years ago I went back with her and checked it out...pretty area but they have really fucked up the bay.