PDA

View Full Version : "MOSS GO ROUTE COULD END IN FIVE PLACES

Bretsky
03-02-2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1077175&srvc=pats&position=1

I don't buy for a second it is going to occur; but it was an interesting read

Cowboys
Packers
Steelers
Giants
Saints

mentioned as his most likely suitors.

While I'm not convinced either way, it sure would be nice to drive his price way the heck up for New England to match

:lol:

BallHawk
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Nice sig, B.

:D

RashanGary
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
3 years, 36 million with 20 guaranteed sounds about right (and he's worth every penny)

Brando19
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
3 years, 36 million with 20 guaranteed sounds about right (and he's worth every penny)

Bring the SOB on!!!!!! Brett and Moss will bring us a Super Bowl! Then Brett can retire and we can trade Randy. :lol:

Bretsky
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Do you think he will get that much from somebody ?

RashanGary
03-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I do think he could get that much. He's elite. He might be the best UFA not named Reggie White. With the way salaries are today, I'd bring him in, have a dollar amound that is worthy of one of the games best players, tell him how much we want him and offer him a contract that makes him and his agent drool. If he doens't bite, oh well. If he does, we have a stud and a great chance at the SB.

Tony Oday
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
F that keep him around for Rogers...Moss made Culpepper look like a NFL QB imagine what he could do with a guy that can read the defense!

Ebs
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
i wouldnt take this as a fact, but

This is from another message board, citing WEEI as the source:

Randy Moss Resigns With Patriots, 5 yrs 52 million (25 mil guaranteed)

Bretsky
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I do think he could get that much. He's elite. He might be the best UFA not named Reggie White. With the way salaries are today, I'd bring him in, have a dollar amound that is worthy of one of the games best players, tell him how much we want him and offer him a contract that makes him and his agent drool. If he doens't bite, oh well. If he does, we have a stud and a great chance at the SB.

I'd feel good about signing Moss with the health of our cap
I'd feel good about boning the Patriots and making them match a very expensive deal

Ah, hell, bring his @ss in here; it'll be fun either way.

And he is a difference maker :!:

Brando19
03-02-2008, 07:08 PM
i wouldnt take this as a fact, but

This is from another message board, citing WEEI as the source:

Randy Moss Resigns With Patriots, 5 yrs 52 million (25 mil guaranteed)

I heard the same thing on another message board (NFL network as a source.)

RashanGary
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
That sounds abotu right. If Faneca gets 7 mil per year, Moss is worth 10 at least.

It's a risk. It's a risk that I think is worth taking but a risk that I would enjoy seeing blow up in the Patriots face as well <gets out voo doo doll> :twisted:

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Randy Moss-WR-Patriots Mar. 2 - 7:19 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots are close to re-signing free agent Randy Moss.

Schefter says the Patriots have a "standing multi-year offer to make Moss one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL." Moss is perhaps realizing the market for him isn't as strong as believed, although we wouldn't count out another team like the Rams, Redskins, or Eagles making a last minute run at him.

packrulz
03-03-2008, 07:13 AM
I don't want to pay that kind of money to somebody who plays when he wants to play. The Pack was a field goal away from the Super Bowl without him, and I'd like Jennings and Jones to get as many snaps as they can. KRob is still very talented too, the Pack can make it to the Super Bowl without Moss.

MadtownPacker
03-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I was one of the pro-moss crowd last season. When I saw this new rumor on NFLN my first thought was, dont want him and more importantly, dont need him. He can go to hell.

MateoInMex
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
The Packers could use that money in a variety of ways to better the team. Their receiver corps is a strong point, if Ted Thompson would ever spend that kind of money in free agency, it would be nice to see him bolster the offensive line, Jason Taylor or someone that would strengthen the defense, and some more secondary help.

MadtownPacker
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Where you been at man? I already forgot how to talk Spanish!

gbgary
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't buy for a second it is going to occur...

http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/Yawn.gif i don't expect anything from the Packers. any move will be a surprise!!