PDA

View Full Version : LOL - James Lee highly rated

Guiness
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok, I don't think I've read much of Mike Carlson's stuff, but he has rated James Lee as a top 10 free agent in NFLE. I wonder if he even watched a game, or just wrote up some random thoughts?

James Lee, DT, Amsterdam: Another guy with both NFL tape and some injury worries, but the 6-5, 325-pound Lee brings something to the table that can't be coached -- size. He could stir up interest for a team needing a two-gap space eater in the middle.

So, no mention of his play. I guess he looked at his 'measureables' and decided he MUST have potential. Idiot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9460805

Deputy Nutz
05-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I believe that he is a top 10 free agent in NFLE. Not to many guys are in NFLE that aren't already signed by a team. You have to be pretty shitty to begin with if your an NFLE free agent. Being in the top ten is just being a better, corn filled shit.

The Leaper
05-26-2006, 09:24 AM
It is NFLE...the 10th best free agent prospect is practice squad fodder at best. Can you imagine being the writer tabbed with finding the 10 best free agent prospects in NFLE? That is one hell of a lousy job! I think I would rather cover the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

jack's smirking revenge
05-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Let us not forget that Jake Delhomme and Kurt Warner both spent time in NFLE. Didn't Wahle and Rivera spend some time there too? Just saying that not everyone in NFLE is trash. There's potential in NFLE, but most of the time its a gamble.

tyler

mraynrand
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
James Lee, DT, Amsterdam: Another guy with both NFL tape and some injury worries, but the 6-5, 325-pound Lee brings something to the table that can't be coached -- size.

James Lee also brings to the table peas, potatoes, fried chicken, steak, grits, pie, cake, bacon, turkey, ham, cheese....

Harlan Huckleby
05-26-2006, 11:33 AM
it's not impossible that Lee could turn his career around, especially if he gets stronger. Big guys are a premium.

Joemailman
05-26-2006, 04:44 PM
it's not impossible that Lee could turn his career around, especially if he gets stronger. Big guys are a premium.

It's nor the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Strange you didn't know that. :mrgreen:

esoxx
05-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Just think, next year at this time Donnell Washington will be hoping to crack the top 10 list of NFLE free agents. Not likely he will reach such lofty status, but a person can dream.

Patler
05-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Let us not forget that Jake Delhomme and Kurt Warner both spent time in NFLE. Didn't Wahle and Rivera spend some time there too? Just saying that not everyone in NFLE is trash. There's potential in NFLE, but most of the time its a gamble.

tyler

YEs they were there, but not as Free Agents. They were signed with NFL teams that sent them there. An NFLE free agent is a step below many of the other NFLE players that are already signed to NFL teams.

oregonpackfan
05-27-2006, 10:59 AM
If James Lee turns his football career around, it will shock many Oregon State Beaver fans out here. Lee's football skills were so marginal at OSU, he could not even break the starting lineup his senior year. As most of you know, OSU is part of the Pac-10 conference, known for its wide-open offenses but weak defenses.

In his infinite drafting wisdom, Sherman picked Lee in the 5th round leaving many Oregon State coaches, fans, and sportswriters scratching their heads.

Knowing I am a devoted Packer fan, I had several OSU fans coming up to me asking, "What do the Packers see in James Lee that I don't see?"

If Lee makes a comeback in the NFL, it would be miraculous.

Oregonpackfan

Fritz
05-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, I'd like to let it be known that I'm in the top ten of the fourth tier of short story writers in the southeast region of Michigan.