No Moss Equals No Favre? Mort With the Latest From the NFL

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=&categoryId=2459789

Pacopete4
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
all speculation.. but I do agree if they got moss, you'd see #4 back for sure

Lurker64
03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
"If they don't get Favre a super weapon like Moss or Shockey..."

The national media doesn't even report on our team, do they? It's not like we struggled on offense last year...

Jimx29
03-03-2008, 12:02 AM
take note that after shockey went down the giants improved greatly

and mort looks like hell warmed over with the chin scruffle

packinpatland
03-03-2008, 06:41 AM
I just can't help but think what Driver, Jennings and the rest think of this.

packinpatland
03-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Mort says Brett has stated that he wants Moss......yes, he said that last year............he makes it sound like he said it this year too.........I havent' read or heard that, anyone else?

LL2
03-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I think having Moss, Jennings, Driver, and JJ on the field at the same time would be awesome, but don't think having Moss will guarantee a SB win. It didn't for the Patriots. Even if GB gets Moss TT still needs to address the guard situation and draft a RB like Jonathan Stewart that can give GB a one-two punch.

Moss wouldn't be the answer, just part of the solution. I know Moss would only come to GB if Favre came back, but I think Rodgers would do just as good as Favre.

fan4life
03-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry, but Rodgers is nowhere near the QB that Favre is. Moss would only come to GB if he knows Favre will be throwing him the ball. And we know Favre would love to have Moss on his team. Having said that, Favre needs a kick-ass running game more than he needs Randy Moss - and I think he knows it.

IOW, I think Mort is way off.

pittstang5
03-03-2008, 11:10 AM
Favre needs a kick-ass running game more than he needs Randy Moss - and I think he knows it.

My feelings exactly. Grants coming along toward the 2nd half of the year gives me a positive feeling going into this year. I think the Pack looks real good at WR. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Robinson and even Martin are great receivers IMO. I think Robinson will really come on this year having more experience in the system and plus he returns kicks. Martin maybe the odd man out, if TT drafts another Jones or Jennings.

Having said all this, Moss would definitely be an upgrade at the position, but he's going to come with a heavy price tag. Why not use that money else where - like improving the defense or o-line positions.

packers11
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Moss now looking at Favre, Packers?
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago

Randy Moss to consider Packers?

An NFL source confirmed reports that wide receiver Randy Moss was shopping himself around the league because he's not happy with the contract offer from the New England Patriots. There has been speculation around the league that Moss might reconsider playing for the Packers if quarterback Brett Favre returns for another season, but the source said he didn't know how high Green Bay would be willing to go to meet Moss' financial needs. Any chance of Moss playing in Green Bay would probably depend on Favre coming back, he said. -- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

packers11
03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope he just signs with someone soon so all this stupid ass speculation can end...

It's almost getting worse than draft day last year when the "deal was done" :lol:

pittstang5
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I hope he just signs with someone soon so all this stupid ass speculation can end...

As long as it's not the Cowboys or any other NFC team for that matter.

T.O. and Moss scares me.