PDA

View Full Version : GB interested in Boss Bailey?

packers11
03-03-2008, 12:05 AM
www.rotoworld.com

The Packers have reached out to free agent LB Boss Bailey.

In Detroit, Bailey was mostly played the strong side, which is a position Green Bay is trying to upgrade. He can also play inside and the WILL. Bailey, who will be in Denver on Wednesday, hasn't scheduled a visit with the Pack yet.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Lurker64
03-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Makes sense, apparently the Cardinals are going to be pushing real hardcore Chillar, and we might not get a shot at him.

packrulz
03-03-2008, 05:57 AM
I think Bailey is good when healthy, he has good speed, if he's healed up I could see signing him to push Poppy.

LL2
03-03-2008, 07:49 AM
The JSO article says Bailey has had chronic knee problems which took away some of his speed he displayed in college. Last year was one of his better years though. If the Pack do sign him I hope it's not for much. Sounds like Chillar is bigger and better tackler, so he should be TT's first option.

Spaulding
03-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Some irony here as wasn't he the highest rated linebacker (by many so-called experts) in the draft when we took Nick Barnett instead of him?

I recall outcry when it happened but was actually one of the better draft picks by Shermy.

Would love to see the competition at SAM to push Pop or possibly upgrade him.

MadtownPacker
03-03-2008, 09:09 AM
If the price is right give him a shot. He is still young and this is the kinda move TT will make.

Tyrone Bigguns
03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Some irony here as wasn't he the highest rated linebacker (by many so-called experts) in the draft when we took Nick Barnett instead of him?

I recall outcry when it happened but was actually one of the better draft picks by Shermy.

Would love to see the competition at SAM to push Pop or possibly upgrade him.

That would depend on your definition of lineback or where he was going to play as Terrel Suggs was the best lineback in the draft and was a top 10 pick.

Also Pace was picked higher and had been a disappointment until the cards figured out that he was better at LB then DE. Less blame on him than perennial morons the cards.

Fritz
03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Bailey is okay. Not a difference maker. His strengths are Poppinga's weaknesses, and vice versa.

PackerBlues
03-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Bailey is okay. Not a difference maker. His strengths are Poppinga's weaknesses, and vice versa.

That is exactly what I had been thinking. I think he would be a great pick up, considering his injury history, it would probably be a good fit for him in GB if he played sparingly, swapping in and out with Pops. If the price is right, I could see Thompson making this happen. It would be equivalent to the Woodson signing and would be an improvement to how the team is currently set at LB in terms of depth with experience.

Green Bud Packer
03-03-2008, 03:35 PM
With Woodson Thompson got a playmaker.With Bailey he'd be getting just another guy. I hope Thomps passes on Boss.

Fritz
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
It'd be kinda fun though potentially prickly to do a thread on posters at Packerrats who qualify as "just a guy." It's one of my favorite scouts' expressions - it's so damn dismissive!